Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dead Space 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-11, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Re: Dead Space 2

Originally Posted by superfro
The demo for Dead Space 2 alone was scarier than anything in the entirety of the original IMO. So....good luck.
Poops in my pants......
Old 01-25-11, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Well, I initially stopped because it scared me. I just didn't pop it back in soon afterward since other games and other things just got in the way as they tend to do. I did play the demo - I didn't find it more scary than the last one, but maybe a bit more fun. I didn't see a difficulty setting in the demo, but I think playing it on easy and feeling well over-powered might help in making things less scary.
Old 01-25-11, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for sidetrack, but did Amazon.com offer any promos with pre-order ($20 future credit, in game unlock code, etc)?

I ordered in Dec 2009 and have had problems with Amazon auto-applying promos to past pre-orders I had made. Not sure if I should be on the lookout for anything.

Thanks-
Jamie
Old 01-25-11, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamieson22
Sorry for sidetrack, but did Amazon.com offer any promos with pre-order ($20 future credit, in game unlock code, etc)?

I ordered in Dec 2009 and have had problems with Amazon auto-applying promos to past pre-orders I had made. Not sure if I should be on the lookout for anything.

Thanks-
Jamie
Only promo that I know of is the code for DS: Ignition.

Just got the Xbox version of the CE from Amazon a few minutes ago. The packaging is nothing special but the mini-plasma cutter is kinda cool. You can throw two AAA batteries in it and the site and ends light up when you pull the trigger. Soundtrack is in a little slipcase but is nice to have since I downloaded the soundtrack from the first release from Amazon.

I was surprised to see the 360 version is two discs. Guess they couldn't fit everything one disc. If I didn't hate the PS3 controller so much, it appears the PS3 CE is the way to go. Likely just one disc and you get the Extraction game along with it.

There's some kinda online pass code that also gives you an "exclusive" Zealot Force Gun and Suit for the game. Guess I am slogging thru Ignition for the unlocks for probably no reason.
Old 01-25-11, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The game is on two discs? Didn't Castlevania also come on 2 discs but they were able to avoid disc-swapping if both images were installed to the hard drive? I know Mass Effect 2 didn't do that.
Old 01-25-11, 03:57 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
There's some kinda online pass code that also gives you an "exclusive" Zealot Force Gun and Suit for the game. Guess I am slogging thru Ignition for the unlocks for probably no reason.
so the code for the Hacker Suit comes with the game and not e-mailed from Amazon, as i have been waiting for the code? game was delayed so haven't recieved...

MARTIAL LAW PACK:

EarthGov Bundle-
http://i.imgur.com/T9FxH.jpg
EarthGov Security Suit (increases damage 5% for detonator, Seeker Rifle, Pulse Rifle)
EarthGov Pulse Rifle (increases alt-fire damage 5%, reload speed 10%)
EarthGov Seeker Rifle (increases damage 5%, firing speed 5%)
EarthGov Detonator (increases damage 5%, firing speed 5%)

Bloody Bundle-
http://i.imgur.com/7lJIK.jpg
Bloody Vintage Suit (increases damage 5% for Flamethrower, Javelin Gun, Force Gun)
Bloody Flamethrower (increases damage 5%, reload speed 10%)
Bloody Javelin Gun (increases alt-fire damage 5%, reload speed 5%)
Bloody Force Gun (increases alt-fire damage 5%, firing speed 5%)

SUPER NOVA PACK:

Forged Bundle-
http://i.imgur.com/mIff6.jpg
Forged Engineering Suit (15% medpack bonus)
Forged Plasma Cutter (increases damage 10%, reload speed 5%)
Forged Line Gun (increases firing speed 5%, alt-fire damage 10%)
Forged Ripper (primary fire lasts one second longer, increases alt-fire damage 10%)

Heavy-Duty Bundle-
http://i.imgur.com/mGuG4.jpg
Heavy-Duty Vintage Suit (increases damage 5% for Line Gun, Detonator, Contact Beam)
Heavy-Duty Line Gun (increases reload speed 10%, damage 5%)
Heavy-Duty Contact Beam (primary fire charge reduced by 0.1 seconds, damage increase 5%)
Heavy-Duty Detonator (increases reload speed 10%, damage 5%)

Agility Bundle-
http://i.imgur.com/wvtxP.jpg
Agility Advanced Suit (10% increases to Stasis duration)
Agility Rivet Gun (increases reload speed 5%, firing speed 5%)
Agility Plasma Cutter (increases reload speed 5%, firing speed 5%)
Agility Pulse Rifle (increases reload speed 5%, firing speed 5%)

OCCUPATIONAL HAZARD PACK:

Hazard Bundle-
http://i.imgur.com/7UokW.jpg
Hazard Suit (5% increase to Stasis duration
Hazard Line Gun (increases alt-fire damage 5%, reload speed 5%)

Triage Bundle-
http://i.imgur.com/LtIfa.jpg
Triage Suit (10% medpack bonus)
Triage Javelin Gun (increases damage 10%, reload speed 5%)

Shockpoint Bundle-
http://i.imgur.com/bM5qz.jpg
Shockpoint Suit (decreases Stasis recharge 5%)
Shockpoint Ripper (primary fire lasts one second longer, increases reload speed 5%)
Old 01-25-11, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
so the code for the Hacker Suit comes with the game and not e-mailed from Amazon, as i have been waiting for the code? game was delayed so haven't recieved...

The Hacker suit is what you get for beating Ignition from what I understand. That is a suit you can wear in your solo game I believe.

From reading the card regarding the exclusive Zealot suit and gun, those appear to be only for use in multiplayer. Someone correct me if I am wrong but that is the way it reads.
Old 01-25-11, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, just received my game from Amazon and I'm really surprised that it's 2 discs. I think this is the first game I play that needs 2 discs. Or least the first in a long long time.
Old 01-25-11, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Man...I feel like I'm tearing ass through this game. There's no definite breaks in the action like the first one had between chapters so I just keep going and going. I'm in Chapter 5 currently and not even to 3 hours yet I don't think. Hope there's like 30 Chapters. :LOL:
Old 01-25-11, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

I've heard it's 8-10 hours. And that they're some of the more replayable hours around.
Old 01-25-11, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by superfro
Man...I feel like I'm tearing ass through this game. There's no definite breaks in the action like the first one had between chapters so I just keep going and going. I'm in Chapter 5 currently and not even to 3 hours yet I don't think. Hope there's like 30 Chapters. :LOL:
:LOL: is right!
Old 01-25-11, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Are you playing on the easiest difficulty?
Old 01-25-11, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
Are you playing on the easiest difficulty?
You forget who you're talking to right? This is the dude who puts it on autoplay, watches his dog play the game and then podcasts about it.
Old 01-25-11, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Have you seen how they dress that dog? It won't be long before she snaps.
Old 01-25-11, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The game is scary as hell. I made it to the third chapter and then we had to go eat so I didn't get to continue but the game is intense as hell.
Old 01-25-11, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Didn't Castlevania also come on 2 discs but they were able to avoid disc-swapping if both images were installed to the hard drive?
No, you still had to swap discs with Castlevania, even with both installed to HD. I jumped around quite a bit doing collectible hunting after finishing the main story, and there was A LOT of swapping back and forth involved.
Old 01-25-11, 10:10 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Dead Space Extraction full game ($14.99) and demo are up on PSN.
Old 01-25-11, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,177 Likes on 4,206 Posts

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
You forget who you're talking to right? This is the dude who puts it on autoplay, watches his dog play the game and then podcasts about it.
Old 01-25-11, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I played through the first two chapters on the difficulty one up from "Normal" called "Survivalist". It's fucking tough. I'm dying far more than I died in the first game. Thinking this game is built around "New Game+" for that sort of thing. Need to play through on "Normal" or maybe even "superfro" just so you can bring forward your gear. But I can already tell - FUCK "Hard Core" with its three save limit bullshit

Nothing too scary yet, just kinda creepy.

Didn't like the Zero-G section in Chapter 2, I hope they're not all like that. The first game was very authentic in that regard. This is too actiony.

DID NOT LIKE
Spoiler:
the crying, presumably abandoned baby behind a door.

Really dug
Spoiler:
the upside-down bit at the end of Ch2, even if it was a bit unfair

Played one round of MP and it was actually kind of fun. Necromorphs are fun to play as and can succeed seemingly randomly. Humans need communication to succeed.
Old 01-25-11, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
Says the guy who has completed what, like 3 games that he's ever bought? Usually for full price.

And yeah..I'm totally playing on Casual. I'd been going on Normal lately, so I'm not sure why I bumped it down, but it was pretty clear early on that it was too easy. Oh well...I'll get through it and look forward to bumping it up and doing another run through. On Thursday at this rate.
Old 01-25-11, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looking forward to picking up a cheap used copy at the rate you guys are blowing through it Anyone test out multiplayer yet? How's that shaping up...not like i'd ever play it though, more just curious.
Old 01-25-11, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Looking forward to picking up a cheap used copy at the rate you guys are blowing through it Anyone test out multiplayer yet? How's that shaping up...not like i'd ever play it though, more just curious.
Nope. No one. No one wrote a small paragraph about no one's experience with it two posts above yours. Nope.
Old 01-26-11, 01:53 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Mok
Dead Space Extraction full game ($14.99) and demo are up on PSN.
That game was a lot of fun. I played it on the Wii and was pleasantly surprised by it.

The inclusion of it with the PS3 version is making me strongly consider buying that one instead of the 360 this week.

Really looking forward to playing it regardless, though. The first game was amazing.
Old 01-26-11, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just be prepared to slap down some extra cash if you plan on buying a used copy and playing it online. It comes with one of those stupid EA Online access codes that will otherwise cost you 10 bucks (I think) if you go the used route.
Old 01-26-11, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can't believe how much it changes the game by making the chapters all just flow into one another as opposed to Dead Space the first and it moving from section to section of the ship by tram. There is literally no point that I find myself wanting to stop. Usually I'm already ankle deep in the next chapter before I realize it and I just want to continue going.

Didn't like the Zero-G section in Chapter 2, I hope they're not all like that. The first game was very authentic in that regard. This is too actiony.
I REALLY like the changes to the Zero-G sections. It seems like they sacrificed a few things this time around for overall momentum over authenticity. (Like the depressurization rooms from DS1.)

I do however find that going through some of the more domesticated Sprawl areas feels VERY BioShocky.

Last edited by superfro; 01-26-11 at 09:57 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.