Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Larry C Red Dead Redemption thread!!!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Larry C Red Dead Redemption thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-10, 12:43 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Re: Official Larry C Red Dead Redemption thread!!!

I think the you lose the guns you pick-up in the gang hideouts when you quit playing. The XP is the only thing you keep.
Old 05-25-10, 01:03 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I finished it....Spoilers

Gentle spoilers, that will not effect anyone who has played the game at least a few hours...

Spoiler:
I really enjoyed the development of the supporting characters. The stand outs being Bonnie and Landon Ricketts...even the characters I found annoying, had a way of sticking with me...When ever the missions were done for a character, and I knew that they would not be coming back, I felt a real sting...

Medium Spoilers..if you are 50 percent in or so should not be a problem

Spoiler:
I did not like how your character let people push him around so much, having him do things to get information only to have to do more and more....the first time someone did this ok, but after 3 or 4 different people it got old...

Major end game spoilers...

Spoiler:
I loved the ending. Even though it was predictable what they were setting up with you bonding with your family, it still had real emotional Hollywood weight behind it, and the final duel had me really getting into my controller.'FUCKING TAKE THAT MOTHER FUCKER!'...

So I sit here now, having experienced one hell of a game, and I am going back and forth with this or Mass Effect 2 as game of the year, but I will say, for me at least, I felt this game ended better than Mass Effect 2....Fantastic job!!!!
Old 05-25-10, 01:14 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Fandango
Are these glitches on 360 or PS3? Seems to me like your system could be dying.
360. It could be my system -- I was having problems a few weeks ago that resolved themselves on their own, so I wonder if the system is dying. On the other hand, I spent the last few hours playing Alan Wake without a single problem. I suppose RDR could be more taxing on the system than AW, and therefore it's causing problems I don't see with AW. The other possibility I'm wondering about is a corrupted save file.
Old 05-25-10, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't like how some of the mission names kind of give away the mission

like the one

Spoiler:
Hanging Bonnie High

or something like that, not verbatin
Old 05-25-10, 02:27 AM

The only glitch I've experienced is one that I haven't seen listed anywhere yet.

I was attacked by some wild animal that knocked me over the edge of a small cliff, but did not kill me.

All of a sudden, I was falling through the air, twisting and turning, for what had to be a good 45 seconds before finally meeting my death as I slammed into the ground ... in the middle of nowhere with no cliffs in sight.

It was like I jumped out of an airplane at 10,000 feet, sans parachute.

Anyone else experienced this.

Other than that one time, it's been a relatively smooth gameplay experience for me so far.
Old 05-25-10, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Got my $20 GC for this game in an email today.
Old 05-25-10, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Got my $20 GC for this game in an email today.
Me too. And it is an Amazon Gift Card, not a Video Games credit. It is also a code that you have to put in, not automatically added to your account like the video games credits usually are.
Old 05-25-10, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No glitches here. Are all the glitches coming from 360 players?
Old 05-25-10, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

I have the 360 version and haven't seen any glitches. I had one slowdown moment when I was fighting a gang of bandits in the rain right after a cutscene, but that was about it.

And I got my Amazon $20 email this morning too.
Old 05-25-10, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI, I got my Amazon $20 credit email this morning. Well within the advertised timeframe.

Also, I've played nearly 15 hours or so of the single player and experienced no noticeable glitches.

Last edited by pinata242; 05-25-10 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-25-10, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
While hunting I have found the cougars and wolf packs to be a nuisance ( I have yet to meet the bigger animals yet like the bear). How the heck am I going to kill at least 5 wolfs with the knife? Do I need to use the bait?
I go to an area on the map that has them picture and I start Whistling and they show up.
Old 05-25-10, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Presently, I need to find boars and beavers.
Old 05-25-10, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

FWIW, I just wanted to add that the only problem I've had is a freeze-up on a loading screen.
Old 05-25-10, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I currently have the PS3 version sitting in my car...although, I was going to return it for the 360 version (since apparently the graphics are better). Anyone want to tell me otherwise?
Old 05-25-10, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Well, I currently have the PS3 version sitting in my car...although, I was going to return it for the 360 version (since apparently the graphics are better). Anyone want to tell me otherwise?
It's really up to you. The 360 graphics are better, that is true. Even as a PS3 only owner, I can see the difference in the videos I've seen online, espeically in terms of background detail. PS3 version has an exclusive outfit and an exclusive social club challenge, but nothing earth shattering that makes it the preferable version. Whichever system you prefer, you really can't go wrong either way.
Old 05-25-10, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF
360. It could be my system -- I was having problems a few weeks ago that resolved themselves on their own, so I wonder if the system is dying. On the other hand, I spent the last few hours playing Alan Wake without a single problem. I suppose RDR could be more taxing on the system than AW, and therefore it's causing problems I don't see with AW. The other possibility I'm wondering about is a corrupted save file.
I'm thinking it is your system. Seems like it is being very slow in loading all the data. Seems like most of the glitches I've read about is due to not getting all the information loaded in time. Seems your system is a little worse than most.

I reached the 3rd major area last night and besides some slowdown, have experienced 0 glitches in 20 hours of playtime.
Old 05-25-10, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Picked this up from BB last week to get the warhorse. Unfortunately, it's only good for 1 user and I entered the code using my non-main character. No big deal....but I figured it was based on the console like downloading games or add-ons or whatever. Anyway, I can't stop shooting every animal I see. Also, I like it when a gang rides into town and is in a shoot-out with the law and I just kill them all since I can't tell who's good and bad. Any tips on this? I'm not sure how far along I am since I just wander and do random tasks/bounties.

I tried MP but it took me most of the game to ride to where the people were shooting and then I got my ass handed to me.....so I'll try that again down the road.
Old 05-25-10, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Where can i get the code for the War horse? Is it in the packaging? I bought it at BB but did not notice it.
Old 05-25-10, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzness
Where can i get the code for the War horse? Is it in the packaging? I bought it at BB but did not notice it.
My code was alongside the manual (not inside but beside those slips). Check there.
Old 05-25-10, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
My code was alongside the manual (not inside but beside those slips). Check there.
yeah, that's where mine was (with the map and the manual). I was worried that since I didn't pre-order it, I wouldn't get a code....but it was pre-packaged. War-horse has a massive dong....
Old 05-25-10, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
Also, I just found out that if you don't kill the guy you're after in that first mission for the sheriff that Mo van Barr will never show up on a wanted poster, making it technically impossible to totally unlock the Deadly Assassin outfit. And yes, I didn't kill the guy in that mission. The sheriff flat out says to take him alive so I did just what he said. The folks at Rockstar have said they are going to fix that little problem though soon. Out of all the glitches that one pissed me off the most.
I kept him alive, and got the Mo van Barr bounty. The first time I played it I killed the guy by mistake and had to restart the level. I don't think you can kill that guy.
Old 05-25-10, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I shot the bastard. No prisoners. I didn't know how else to stop him since I hadn't learned the lasso yet. Is there another way to capture people without using the lasso?

Also, did anyone feel the need to drag that crazy Christian lady from the train back into town? She was there spouting how her faith was going to take care of her so I hogtied her and dragged her into town for someone else to deal with. She wasn't the least bit appreciative of my efforts.
Old 05-25-10, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by jdpatri
I shot the bastard. No prisoners. I didn't know how else to stop him since I hadn't learned the lasso yet. Is there another way to capture people without using the lasso?

Also, did anyone feel the need to drag that crazy Christian lady from the train back into town? She was there spouting how her faith was going to take care of her so I hogtied her and dragged her into town for someone else to deal with. She wasn't the least bit appreciative of my efforts.
I wanted to do that as well. And also make her my slave.

So can you bang whores in this game? This guy will murder whoever, but god forbid you try to get your rocks off.
Old 05-25-10, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by jdpatri
You shoot him in the leg. It pretty much tells you to do that on the screen during the mission.
Old 05-25-10, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
You shoot him in the leg. It pretty much tells you to do that on the screen during the mission.
Yeah I tend to miss those little tidbits of information because I'm doing something at the time. They don't exactly alert you to their appearance.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.