DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Scott Pilgrim: The Video Game (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/571448-scott-pilgrim-video-game.html)

Liver&Onions 08-10-10 03:43 PM

Re: Scott Pilgrim: The Video Game

Originally Posted by Suprmallet (Post 10314968)
By the time it gets put up on the PSN though it will probably be available for the 360 on the same day. I took the day off to play this damn thing and now they're dicking me around by not putting it up in a timely fashion.

I thought PSN was always later in the day, not early like the XMarketplace

JayDerek 08-10-10 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by UncleGramps (Post 10314982)
PSN games never go up until sometime around 6-8 PM Eastern.

exactly...it has ALWAYS been like this.

Liver&Onions 08-10-10 04:03 PM

http://images.hugi.is/humor/150194.jpg

Supermallet 08-10-10 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by UncleGramps (Post 10314982)
PSN games never go up until sometime around 6-8 PM Eastern.

Originally Posted by JayDerek (Post 10314993)
exactly...it has ALWAYS been like this.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm.../kttpnfbj.jpeg

And people wonder why everyone prefers the Xbox. :mad:

UncleGramps 08-10-10 04:10 PM

And least PSN updates on Tuesday nights now...it used to be on Thursday nights. :lol:

Decker 08-10-10 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet (Post 10315023)

And people wonder why everyone prefers the Xbox. :mad:

Because in fifteen days from now people will be able to play Scott Pilgrim in the morning?

JayDerek 08-10-10 05:16 PM

It's up now guys...downloading as we speak

dsa_shea 08-10-10 05:24 PM

I'm getting ready to play right now. Hopefully this has trophies. Yes, I'm a trophy whore.

Edit: Yes, it does have trophies. There are 12 of them in total.

Supermallet 08-10-10 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 10315043)
Because in fifteen days from now people will be able to play Scott Pilgrim in the morning?

Well, between it going up at 3 PM and it taking an hour and a half to download, right now I'm not terribly happy with the Playstation setup.

Liver&Onions 08-10-10 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet (Post 10315256)
Well, between it going up at 3 PM and it taking an hour and a half to download, right now I'm not terribly happy with the Playstation setup.

:lol:

How big is it?

Decker 08-10-10 06:33 PM

Just wait. In a few days, they'll patch the game and require another 90 minute download. Only this time you won't be able to download in the background.

Supermallet 08-10-10 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by liver&onions (Post 10315263)
:lol:

How big is it?

176 mb.

Liver&Onions 08-10-10 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet (Post 10315282)
176 mb.

rotfl

Supermallet 08-10-10 07:02 PM

Man, this game really needs multiple players. It's much tougher going solo.

Adam Tyner 08-10-10 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet (Post 10315309)
Man, this game really needs multiple players. It's much tougher going solo.

That's my kneejerk reaction too. I almost knocked out Matthew Patel, but I didn't quite make it. I guess I should've been hitting the sushi shops and stuff for extra health the whole time. I didn't notice them until I was pretty far into the first level.

Supermallet 08-10-10 07:44 PM

Yeah, I was able to knock out Patel without losing a life, but just barely. I had to continue on Lucas, though.

There are shops in most levels, it looks like, but they're sometimes tough to spot.

Decker 08-10-10 08:48 PM

I got a download time of 7 minutes. Perhaps the servers were getting killed in the moments after the game went up.

Supermallet 08-10-10 09:11 PM

Possibly, but I've never had anything download quickly on the Playstation 3.

pinata242 08-10-10 09:33 PM

For real it's offline coop only? Dammit, I'm not cool enough to have friends to play with and I was going to rely on you "people".

fumanstan 08-10-10 09:40 PM

I heard that the "majority" of people would prefer offline coop though, so i'm sure this will do fine.

For some reason I always thought this was a PS3 exclusive; although 2 extra weeks before the 360 version sucks since it should have been timed with the movie like the PS3 one.

Decker 08-10-10 09:54 PM

I tried a quick game with my four-year-old and it was very fun. Surprisingly, he did pretty well and even resuscitated me a couple of times. Love collecting that Canadian money! I'm not sure I'll be playing this game often, but it's certainly a solid title and priced correctly.

dsa_shea 08-10-10 09:57 PM

This game is a bitch. I barely beat and I mean barely beat the first boss. Once he brought out his two hags it was tough going. I sure wish they would have included online play. They could have both on and offline play to satisfy everyone. Every multiplayer game should have online play at this point in my opinion.

Decker 08-10-10 11:08 PM

Their "Easy" (or Normal) setting is very hard. Hope they retroactively fix that Bionic Commando-style.

Drav3n 08-10-10 11:17 PM

Just finished playing the demo, this game is awesome! I do gotta agree with Decker, playing on easy is definitely not easy! Think I might have to drop $10 on this!

Supermallet 08-10-10 11:50 PM

Once you level up a bit and buy some accessories to boost your stats it gets easier. Levels 1 and 2 were a total slog, but 3-5 have been a lot easier.

Edit: But level 7 is absolutely fucking ridiculous.