Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Just Cause 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-10, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Just Cause 2

Originally Posted by stingermck
Is that the one that looks kinda like a warhawk? I blew up several of those before I figured out u need a very straight path to take off.
Not sure - I have found an airbase that has a plane that looks like an SR71 Blackbird though! Thing flies like a tank but oh so effective with rockets and guns! The plane I'm talking about is a Black Market drop.
Old 04-30-10, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by RockyMtnBri
Not sure - I have found an airbase that has a plane that looks like an SR71 Blackbird though! Thing flies like a tank but oh so effective with rockets and guns! The plane I'm talking about is a Black Market drop.
Yup, I blew it up almost immediately after it dropped. Hard to take off, but cool to fly.
Old 04-30-10, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by stingermck
Yup, I blew it up almost immediately after it dropped. Hard to take off, but cool to fly.
Yep, once you're up, it is a neat little one-man craft! The first three times I tried to fly it, it flipped upside-down and I ended up skidding across surfaces! Did you get the DLC? I bought it from PSN, but don't have the in-game funds yet to buy any of it.
Old 05-10-10, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's some stuff I like about Merc's 2 better than this, like they give you airstrikes and more stuff to play with in Merc's 2 and of course that EVERYTHING is destructible but I've been having a ton of fun with JC2 over the last week and it seems they give you a way bigger sandbox to play in. Have only done 2 of the story missions so far. I will start to head where the next agency mission is at and just get distracted and start blowing stuff up.

Had a blast trying to get a couple of achievements, the Follow Me and Pinata ones were some great uses of the grappling hook. Coolest thing I did was today when I was running around a military airfield I hooked a guy with my grappling hook and hooked it to one of the planes right as it was taking off Damn this game is fun.
Old 05-11-10, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I downloaded the DLC over the weekend and its alright i guess. The jet thruster for the parachute adds a bit more. The weapon and place not so much. For a buck 99 its cheap enough though.
Old 05-11-10, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jam Master Jay
There's some stuff I like about Merc's 2 better than this, like they give you airstrikes and more stuff to play with in Merc's 2 and of course that EVERYTHING is destructible but I've been having a ton of fun with JC2 over the last week and it seems they give you a way bigger sandbox to play in. Have only done 2 of the story missions so far. I will start to head where the next agency mission is at and just get distracted and start blowing stuff up.

Had a blast trying to get a couple of achievements, the Follow Me and Pinata ones were some great uses of the grappling hook. Coolest thing I did was today when I was running around a military airfield I hooked a guy with my grappling hook and hooked it to one of the planes right as it was taking off Damn this game is fun.
I've only done some of the standard missions, but I love just finding sites and deciding what to do. I've found two oil rigs that way!
Old 05-11-10, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

I can't quite figure out how to use the grappling hook to pull things. Can you? I mean like attach it to a guard and then yank him towards you.
Old 05-11-10, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Wolf359
I can't quite figure out how to use the grappling hook to pull things. Can you? I mean like attach it to a guard and then yank him towards you.
Just aim it and then pull towards yourself. I've pulled many a guard out of a tower that way. If a certain object is movable (like a tire) you can pull it towards yourself. Most of the stuff in the game is too heavy to pull toward you, so you zip toward it.

BTW, my favorite thing is attaching a guard to a gas canister, shooting the canister, and watch as it flies away with the guard!
Old 05-12-10, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Things have kinda ground to a hault in my game. I'm running out of faction missions, and I seem to have become Panau's Most Wanted, as everytime I blow something up I get swarmed by the military. I suppose I'm just going to have to crack the Storyline mission. i.e. the mountain rescue and chase across the frozen lake. But damn that thing keeps kicking my ass.

Also got the dlc. The jetback seems useful, but I'm not sure how many of these I'll get if all they have to offer are new guns and vehicles. How about a mission pack?

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Or I just fire the hook into a guard, then attach the other end to the ground at my feet. Works just dandy.
Old 05-12-10, 07:23 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm having a blast with this game, I have put 26 hours in just blowing things up and not advancing the storyline. I love finding new locations and 100%ing them.
Old 05-13-10, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mok
I'm having a blast with this game, I have put 26 hours in just blowing things up and not advancing the storyline. I love finding new locations and 100%ing them.
Yep, that's my whole reason for loving it. I don't have to follow a story line and I can take as long as I want to do stuff. Right now I'm in Panau City Park and just picking up boxes, fighting with troops, soaring around the city with my 'chute, and blowing up water towers. If I get tired of being there, I have over 300 other locations still available to discover.
Old 05-29-10, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I just borrowed this game from a friend and I have a question, do I need to play this game in Hardcore level or can I just do it in normal?
Old 05-29-10, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

A big thank you to everyone for making me get this game. Almost 40 hours played and only two agency missions completed!

Too much fun, can not BELIEVE how big this game world is! So amazing to see a city way in the distance and actually be able to travel to it.
Old 05-29-10, 10:58 AM
Mok

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I just borrowed this game from a friend and I have a question, do I need to play this game in Hardcore level or can I just do it in normal?
I would play on normal.
Old 05-29-10, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This game starts out real slow, but once you get into the groove of things, it becomes a lot of fun. Mind you, there's still some things that annoy me about this game about not having enough checkpoint during the mission so when you die, you have to start from the beginning. But the open sandbox environment makes it fun and the destruction, oh my, is wonderful. I was also getting annoyed about the lack of ammo in this game but when I started using the grappling hook as a weapon, I wasn't faced with this problem anymore. That grappling hook is great to kill off soldiers from towers or high places.

So far, I have finished two agency missions along with two factions missions. Is there a way to go straight into doing another agency mission?
Old 05-29-10, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
So far, I have finished two agency missions along with two factions missions. Is there a way to go straight into doing another agency mission?
Never mind. I found the answer for this. I guess I have damage and get chaos points in order to open up the agency missions.
Old 05-31-10, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

BTW, if you go to the official site and connect it to your gaming ID (PC, Xbox, or PS3) you can see your stats!http://www.justcause.com/home
Old 12-16-13, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

This came out today...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YR2zRqAvw1M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-16-13, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,194 Likes on 4,221 Posts

Oh fuck yeah!
Old 12-17-13, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mhg83
This came out today...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YR2zRqAvw1M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
One of my all time favorite games just got better. I am seriously looking forward to a next gen Just Cause 3...and with added multi-player it would be epic.
Old 12-17-13, 09:16 AM
wlj

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JC 2 is $2.99 on Steam today.
Old 12-17-13, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I don't game on my PC and I have put about 10 minutes into JC2 --- but that looks amazing.
Old 12-17-13, 09:34 AM
wlj

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
One of my all time favorite games just got better. I am seriously looking forward to a next gen Just Cause 3...and with added multi-player it would be epic.

i have never played Just Cause 2. I just bought it for $2.99 today. Will this MP content turn the game into a MMO basically? Does the DLC change the main game or do you go into the MP separately?

Will everyone be on a level playing field in the MP? I didn't know if you leveled you character in SP and then bring them over to MP.

That is alot of questions...sorry

Old 12-17-13, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

It's an unofficial mod, just take what you can get
Old 12-17-13, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by wlj
i have never played Just Cause 2. I just bought it for $2.99 today. Will this MP content turn the game into a MMO basically? Does the DLC change the main game or do you go into the MP separately?

Will everyone be on a level playing field in the MP? I didn't know if you leveled you character in SP and then bring them over to MP.

That is alot of questions...sorry

I get the feeling this MOD will just turn it into a huge free for all. I only ever played this games on my PS3. In the game you only level up your weapons, not sure if that will carry over....but probably i expect. The DLC just added more vehicles, few more weapons and a jet pack thruster.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.