Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Pleather for Breakfast - The NO MORE HEROES 2 Thread of Little Girls and Big Swords!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Pleather for Breakfast - The NO MORE HEROES 2 Thread of Little Girls and Big Swords!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-10, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First things first, why don't you click play on this little thing to start the beat:

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9TX9o6uZnEs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9TX9o6uZnEs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

Now that you're in the mood let's get the show started.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Coming out for the Wii on January 27th with an MSRP of $1 per boss.

To get you all tingly in the pants region, here's a trailer.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=50116"/><param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=50116" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>

And here are some still trailers.

Spoiler:
We Are Finally Cowboys
Old 01-21-10, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Pleather for Breakfast - The NO MORE HEROES 2 Thread of Little Girls and Big Swor

<--- is fired up about this game!
Old 01-21-10, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Pleather for Breakfast - The NO MORE HEROES 2 Thread of Little Girls and Big Swor

Aren't they putting the first one on 360? I tried it on the Wii and just couldn't handle it. I wanted too, but the lack of HD and smooth graphics hurt my head and I had to stop. I was hoping for a USA release of part 1 on 360 so I can try again.
Old 01-21-10, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this thread title now has me under investigation by the FBI.
Old 01-21-10, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hells yes. Can't wait. This balanced with Mass Effect 2 next week will definitely be interesting.
Old 01-22-10, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Awesome fanart poster (spoilered for size).

Original here: http://the-switcher.deviantart.com/a...ggle-150433317

Spoiler:

And a box mockup using Nintendo's new "black boxes for M rated games" design in Japan.

Old 01-22-10, 11:14 AM

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Are they really going the black box for M titles route? I hadn't heard that and Amazon's listing shows a white box.

Loved the first one, gave a copy to each of my groomsmen and they all dug it. Can't wait!
Old 01-22-10, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The black Wii cases are (currently) only for Nintendo published games rated C/D/Z in Japan.

The picture I posted is a fan made mockup.
Old 01-27-10, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I finished the first real ranking battle against (mild spoiler, maybe?)
Spoiler:
the boombox guy

and I'm about to start the next ranking battle. Pretty awesome so far. The little things (like the 8-bit mini-games, the kitty workout/playtime games, and the anime-inspired bullet-hell shooter) add a lot to the experience. It also seems like they completely nixed the crappy "open world" aspect - so far I've just been able to warp directly to points of interest. Oh, and it looks a lot nicer than the first game.
Old 01-27-10, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

So far so great! Lot's of fun. I too, like the new warping system compared to wheeling around on the bike. Much quicker, yet doesn't detract from the experience at all.

Just as strange and violent as the first one! The only drawback is the mini-games. I might spend so much time playing them that It will take me forever to get through the rankings!!!
Old 01-27-10, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got to put about an hour into it last night. Loving it so far! It's utterly ridiculous, and I'd have nothing else.
Old 01-28-10, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I love the game. I'm only a few hours into and just became rank 25, but I think it's the perfect sequel for NMH.

The most important thing to keep in mind going into this game is that it's a Suda 51 game. Which is to say your expectations should only go so far as to expect anything. They took nearly everything from the first game and turned it on its head, it's sort of a mirror game. You can't explore the barren overworld anymore, you just choose places. This is in contrast to the places you visit which you can now move around in, instead of just choosing an action. The bosses no longer have the visual name introduction, instead you see there name after you kill them. You no longer receive cell phone calls before a boss battle, instead you see someone making a call at random times in the game. There are plenty more examples of the game makers completely switching what we expect from a game called No More Heroes, which is exactly what we should expect from Suda.

I can understand someone not liking it as much as the first game, but as a Suda fan I don't see how one could be displeased. I personally think it's a more fun game. The side jobs are definitely improvements. They are in no way downgrades. Each side job from the original had some flaw with it. But personal taste will of course create a preference.

I seems to me disappointment would be inherent in Suda sequel, but it also is probably intentional. Why would Suda just want to create the same exact game again but with different characters? A Suda sequel is going to change up a lot the formula from the first game. He wants to fuck with you. So in that regard NMH2 seems to be resounding success.

I'm sure my opinion will change somewhat when I finish the game.
Old 01-28-10, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mine comes in the mail today BUT I will be out all night working on music and then my entire weekend is booked with birthday crap.. wait, I mean birthday events. Yeah, that sounds better. I have next week off though, so it's not a big bother.
Old 01-28-10, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I won't give it away, but the rank 25 battle is amazing and completely out there. All I'll say is that it does not feel like an early boss battle.
Old 01-28-10, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Drop
I love the game. I'm only a few hours into and just became rank 25, but I think it's the perfect sequel for NMH.

The most important thing to keep in mind going into this game is that it's a Suda 51 game. Which is to say your expectations should only go so far as to expect anything. They took nearly everything from the first game and turned it on its head, it's sort of a mirror game. You can't explore the barren overworld anymore, you just choose places. This is in contrast to the places you visit which you can now move around in, instead of just choosing an action. The bosses no longer have the visual name introduction, instead you see there name after you kill them. You no longer receive cell phone calls before a boss battle, instead you see someone making a call at random times in the game. There are plenty more examples of the game makers completely switching what we expect from a game called No More Heroes, which is exactly what we should expect from Suda.

I can understand someone not liking it as much as the first game, but as a Suda fan I don't see how one could be displeased. I personally think it's a more fun game. The side jobs are definitely improvements. They are in no way downgrades. Each side job from the original had some flaw with it. But personal taste will of course create a preference.

I seems to me disappointment would be inherent in Suda sequel, but it also is probably intentional. Why would Suda just want to create the same exact game again but with different characters? A Suda sequel is going to change up a lot the formula from the first game. He wants to fuck with you. So in that regard NMH2 seems to be resounding success.

I'm sure my opinion will change somewhat when I finish the game.
Nice analysis and commentary on the mirrored aspect of the game.
Old 01-31-10, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
I won't give it away, but the rank 25 battle is amazing and completely out there. All I'll say is that it does not feel like an early boss battle.
I've yelled out Holy shit! More time in the first couple hours of this game than I had in recent memory. that battle was fucking awesome.

This game is so over the top insane that it's hard not to love it.

halle-fucking-lujah
Old 02-01-10, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Only an hour into it and I'm in love.
Old 02-21-10, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

NSFW:
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HsCHhE_5Uas&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HsCHhE_5Uas&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>