Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-10, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

We just got a full album of Jimi Hendrix. It's not too surprising for them to follow that up with some lesser-known bands.
Old 04-02-10, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Re: Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
I know the song "Monster" from some WWE stuff. Never would have pegged them as a Christian band. After listening to all the songs via the RockBandAide player, I'm in for "Monster" and nothing else.
I thought he was only covering Guitar Hero now
Old 04-02-10, 11:22 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by pinata242
You're forgetting that Harmonix has to artificially hold back the major bands and tracks for RB3.
Exactly.
Old 04-02-10, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty bland lineup for next week - might grab Switchfoot since I have a few people I know who would probably be into that one but we'll see.
Old 04-02-10, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
I don't want to be That Guy, but Jesus Christ... worst fucking DLC week EVER.
Old 04-02-10, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by Artman
Yeah I take it all back. What a fantastic line-up of songs that aren't RBN level of quality, at best...
Old 04-02-10, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah all those bands are only RBN worthy. I hope more news comes out about rock band 3, including some of Hendrix's more well known songs.
Old 04-02-10, 02:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I'm the only one that likes this stuff...

I'm in for Skillet, TFK and Switchfoot for sure. Possibly Anberlin as well.
Old 04-02-10, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

OK, I haven't been Rock Banding in a while, but after browsing the RBN, I have a couple things to say...
- Great idea.
- I don't know about 75 percent of these artists.
- KMFDM - and one of, if not my favorite, songs.
And after getting today's Rock Band newsletter -
GWAR on RBN...I'll be dropping some points - SOrry there would be an exclamation point after KMFDM and GWAR but my keyboard isn't working.
http://www.rockband.com/zine/gwar-interview
It's possible people knew about this, or that no one else cares, but I'm still excited.

"HMXH: So this is a tremendous treat for me, and hopefully for you guys as well, Gwar, I'm not sure if it's been announced yet, is coming to Rock Band Network. Did you have a hand in this at all?

OU: Well, yeah, I'm in the band.

HMXH: Oh, well, did you have a hand in bringing the song to Rock Band Network.

OU: Actually, I had no idea it was even in there. But many times I sit there and I play that f***ing game, and I suck at it. And I sit there and think, "Maybe if I was doing a Gwar song, I wouldn't suck so bad. So yes, I understand we're doing "Gor-Gor" or something and it's gonna be f***ing awesome. "
Old 04-04-10, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Corvin, this ones for you.. Splosion Man "Donut Song" coming to RBN.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/04/mo...-band-network/
Old 04-04-10, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Shagrath

Awesome. I will definitely snag that track.
Old 04-04-10, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Nice.
Old 04-04-10, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Not sure where this would get more traction, but since it's game specific, I'm posting it here:

Rock Hero: RockBand Edition

Is free in the iPhone today. It's a RockBand song manager. Haven't messed with it much, but it appears to work as you would think. You can rate every song by instrument, sort by song, band, rating, etc. as well as create playlists or generate random ones. By comparison the Guitar Hero edition isn't on sale and runs $5.
Old 04-04-10, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MWB
"Skillet"

This album cover is all I know about any of these bands:

The fact that the blond girl in the middle is in Rock Band before Wilco is makes me want to punch myself.
That's not a girl.

I saw Skillet at a festival back in 1996 right after their first album came out. It was a modern-rock trio from the University of Michigan then. Somewhere along the line, they became the Christian White Zombie band. For the record, I've never purchased an album of theirs, but I've sampled a few. Not good.
Old 04-04-10, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Tried it out. Seems incomplete. Missing Lego RB songs and No Doubt - New at quick glance.
Old 04-04-10, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

God dammit! I wanted that song too! Why just Corvin? L&O and Superfro are also going to be pissed they're not getting it.
Old 04-04-10, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by DGibFen
That's not a girl.
And not yet a woman, either. I know.
Old 04-05-10, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DVDChris
Tried it out. Seems incomplete. Missing Lego RB songs and No Doubt - New at quick glance.
Yeah, after some more fiddling I noticed it was missing Queen as well.
Old 04-05-10, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Popped Rock Band in for the first time in a month over the weekend. I downloaded some songs from RBN and was kind of disappointed by the variance in audio quality. The Shins, Flight of the Conchords and Mark Mallman all sound great. The Stills and Stroke 9 sound like ass. Guess I'll have to actually bother with the demos from now on, instead of just automatically buying stuff from bands I like.
Old 04-05-10, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Yeah, after some more fiddling I noticed it was missing Queen as well.
Hit the update button on the bottom of the main title screen. Added Lego RB and some updated track packs (including Queen).

BTW, thanks for posting this. Neat little app (at times).

Last edited by DGibFen; 04-05-10 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-05-10, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

New by No Doubt was there. It's under the singles, not the track packs because HMX released it separately. The app is a good idea, but they need a way to set up your stuff online or something. The interface is clunky. Better yet, why not partner with one of the online collection DBs like myrockbandsongs or dlcquickplay so I only have to do it once?

What's funny is that I added a bunch of songs off the top of my head and created my first random playlist with it. Very first song was Enter Sandman Guess I need to go back into the RB1 list and remove the banished 3.
Old 04-05-10, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by dtcarson
And after getting today's Rock Band newsletter -
GWAR on RBN...I'll be dropping some points - SOrry there would be an exclamation point after KMFDM and GWAR but my keyboard isn't working.
http://www.rockband.com/zine/gwar-interview
It's possible people knew about this, or that no one else cares, but I'm still excited.

"HMXH: So this is a tremendous treat for me, and hopefully for you guys as well, Gwar, I'm not sure if it's been announced yet, is coming to Rock Band Network. Did you have a hand in this at all?

OU: Well, yeah, I'm in the band.

HMXH: Oh, well, did you have a hand in bringing the song to Rock Band Network.

OU: Actually, I had no idea it was even in there. But many times I sit there and I play that f***ing game, and I suck at it. And I sit there and think, "Maybe if I was doing a Gwar song, I wouldn't suck so bad. So yes, I understand we're doing "Gor-Gor" or something and it's gonna be f***ing awesome. "
I probably would drop points on GWAR as well (can we get some Lordi while we are at it?)...but...but exactly what in the &*^^*&^%$$ are they going put as a song for RBN? Last time I checked (which was recently), Gwar is about as filthy as you can get. (ever want to hear an absolutely filthy and ridiculous song, check out "Rock and Roll Never Felt So Good" off their "American Must be Destroyed" album) Unless I didn't get the memo that RBN is uncensored, it's going to be one bleep or cut out after another. But in the same breath, Gor-Gor or Slaughterama or about a dozen other songs would be most welcome if the bleeps can be at a bare minimum.
Old 04-05-10, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I was thinking about how we're starting to see game songs (L4D2, 'Splosion Man) show up on RBN. Wouldn't it be awesome if it were possible to unlock those songs for free in an Avatar Award sort of way?
Old 04-05-10, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Kedrix
I probably would drop points on GWAR as well (can we get some Lordi while we are at it?)...but...but exactly what in the &*^^*&^%$$ are they going put as a song for RBN?
The first song being released is Gor-Gor, which is also in GH5 as DLC. There's nothing in the song that would need to be censored, which is pretty awesome. A lot of their other stuff would probably be censored heavily though, to the point where it's not even worth it to chart/buy.
Old 04-05-10, 01:47 PM

The first song being released is Gor-Gor, which is also in GH5 as DLC. There's nothing in the song that would need to be censored, which is pretty awesome. A lot of their other stuff would probably be censored heavily though, to the point where it's not even worth it to chart/buy.
Hrmmm, well you are right...as far as vulgarity goes in Gor-Gor, that is one clean Gwar song. But trying to find others (and good songs at that) might be a bit rough. On a somewhat deviated note, I wish there was a market (at least in the people who make decisions eyes) to produce a RockBand/GH game that was uncensored. Especially with Lego Rock Band out there, there should be effort to go the other way. A ton of us who play the beeping game are adults after all.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.