Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Weekly Thursday Call of Duty Night (PS3)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Weekly Thursday Call of Duty Night (PS3)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-10, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: CoD:MW2 Online League (PlayStation 3)

Definitely a lot of fun last night. I need to unlock some of the better guns and tweak my classes a bit but definitely the most fun I've had playing this game online. I love my trust SCAR with the Holographic site and that crazy auto shotgun someone had for a while, that thing is awesome for close quarters.
I upgraded the TV i have my PS3 connected to from a 37" 720p LCD to a 42" 1080p last week and with MW2 running in 1080p, the resolution and size difference makes things oh that much more fun.

Last edited by Cardiff Giant11; 01-29-10 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-29-10, 05:35 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

any of you suckas wanna take me on, I'm tgm74, and I will pwn-u-n00bs. (did I say that right?)
Old 01-29-10, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
Definitely a lot of fun last night. I need to unlock some of the better guns and tweak my classes a bit but definitely the most fun I've had playing this game online. I love my trust SCAR with the Holographic site and that crazy auto shotgun someone had for a while, that thing is awesome for close quarters.
I upgraded the TV i have my PS3 connected to from a 37" 720p LCD to a 42" 1080p last week and with MW2 running in 1080p, the resolution and size difference makes things oh that much more fun.
That was probably me with the auto shotgun. Great gun for objective games. You can run in and spray the area to clear it out. The Scar-H is my favorite assualt rifle by far. I've uniocked all but the AK47 and F2000 and I keep coming back to the Scar. I have it equipped on 3 of my custom classes.
Old 01-30-10, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by sauce07
Had a blast last night. Liked the switching between FFA and TDM. I finally got the dual shotguns option last week and have been enjoying the hell out of it. The only problem I had was stabbing Slider, there were times I would be looking stright at him, click to stab and he would somehow get away and stab me.
This is my knife. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My knife is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my knife is useless. Without my knife, I am useless. I must stab my knife true. I must stab faster than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must stab him before he stabs me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my knife and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.
Old 02-01-10, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by John Slider
And let me just say, Nic, there is nothing more satisfying in our games than killing your brother.

I enjoy it too.
Old 02-04-10, 07:45 AM

Thursday night! Hope to see some of you on there.
Old 02-04-10, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i will try to make it.
Old 02-04-10, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't think I can make it tonight, maybe late.
Old 02-04-10, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ill be on for awhile tonight, we are starting at 9 eastern...right?
Old 02-04-10, 07:14 PM

Yes sir.
Old 02-04-10, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

once again very fun time for the hour or so I was able to jump in. I still need to unlock some of those better weapons but and tweak my classes but all in all seemed like with the exception of that snow maps, the matches were pretty even which is great to see.Plus it's refreshing to play with people who aren't cheating. While I know the infinite kill streak bug was supposed to be fixed with the new version, I think someone found a new one because last night I was in a game where literally the entire other team kept doing predator missile strikes or harries for the ENTIRE game. Was extremely annoying so always fun to play by people who don't do such bullshit.
Old 02-05-10, 01:59 AM

Had a lot of fun tonight. Missed Chew, and it was sad you and Sauce couldn't have spent more time on tonight, CG. I seemed to be suffering from some kind of Call of Duty bi-polar disorder tonight. One game I would have 15 kills to 3 deaths, then I would have 25 kills to 25 deaths, then I would have 5 kills to 13 deaths. My ratio wasn't consistent at all.

The Rust map was definitely my favorite tonight, because I was on some kind of roll. Weaving in and out under that rig randomly knifing people in the back and unloading some buck shot in someone's face on my way back under. Derail was a lot of fun, too. I knew -- KNEW -- nic2.0 would be gunning for that warehouse so I hauled ass in there and to the opposite end waiting for him. He had to of come back five or six times before he finally wised up and came in the other end and shot me in the back. I can only imagine the profanity he was spewing into his mic. Same with Estate when me and nic had the house held down.

That Favela map near the end, R2 was on fire. The first 4 or 5 kills in the match were his, it was awesome. Didn't you have a 6 or 7 streak in that match? CG destroyed in that Quarry match, and after everybody signed off Sauce gave me a beat down in a one-on-one Wasteland match. This might sound odd, but I think the outnumbered teams won most of the matches. Whenever it was 2 on 3 or 3 on 4, the greater numbered team seemed to lose. Just seemed weird to me is all, but maybe I just noticed those outcomes more so it seemed like it occurred more often. Butrz killed me like ten times on the Terminal map, I'll get you back next week.
Old 02-05-10, 07:23 AM

Butrz killed me like ten times on the Terminal map, I'll get you back next week.
I'm pretty sure our kill/death ratio against each other is still in your favor! I'm going to have to play FFA a little more often because that Rust map looks like it can get pretty silly, that was the first time I had played that map.

I guess no luck getting that headset to work?
Old 02-05-10, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Had a lot of fun tonight. Missed Chew, and it was sad you and Sauce couldn't have spent more time on tonight, CG. I seemed to be suffering from some kind of Call of Duty bi-polar disorder tonight. One game I would have 15 kills to 3 deaths, then I would have 25 kills to 25 deaths, then I would have 5 kills to 13 deaths. My ratio wasn't consistent at all.

The Rust map was definitely my favorite tonight, because I was on some kind of roll. Weaving in and out under that rig randomly knifing people in the back and unloading some buck shot in someone's face on my way back under. Derail was a lot of fun, too. I knew -- KNEW -- nic2.0 would be gunning for that warehouse so I hauled ass in there and to the opposite end waiting for him. He had to of come back five or six times before he finally wised up and came in the other end and shot me in the back. I can only imagine the profanity he was spewing into his mic. Same with Estate when me and nic had the house held down.

That Favela map near the end, R2 was on fire. The first 4 or 5 kills in the match were his, it was awesome. Didn't you have a 6 or 7 streak in that match? CG destroyed in that Quarry match, and after everybody signed off Sauce gave me a beat down in a one-on-one Wasteland match. This might sound odd, but I think the outnumbered teams won most of the matches. Whenever it was 2 on 3 or 3 on 4, the greater numbered team seemed to lose. Just seemed weird to me is all, but maybe I just noticed those outcomes more so it seemed like it occurred more often. Butrz killed me like ten times on the Terminal map, I'll get you back next week.
all butrz kill streak got him was a care package that he couldn't get.
Old 02-05-10, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I signed on halfway into the rooftop game at the end and before I knew it I was 17-3 and in second place. I'll try to make it on earlier next week and kick your asses a little more (please have this comment come back and haunt me).
Old 02-05-10, 08:53 AM

I was talking to Nic this morning, and I told him I figured you had to be taking it easy on us, because i noticed there were few maps where you were at the bottom of the score...

I am awful at rust. i get shot in the back constantly...which i why i decided to try out the riot shield, which kinda worked, except i couldn't hit shit with the hand guns I picked to use with it...I can vouch for the spewed profanity on the Estate map, we couldn't get into the house, and coming up the stairs was suicide, no matter which way i came, i couldn't get the drop on you...

I actually had a couple 6 kill streaks last night and got Predator missles from them...

I decided to use some other weapons because when playing public games, i find i rely too much on the grenade launcher, and when i run out ou grenades I die. I started every match with something different and usually ended up caving into grenade madness a few minutes in, but i felt better about my aim, I had a 5 kill streak using a machine gun at one point and a couple streaks with a shotgun....but the grenades are just too fun...i was on the wrong end of a few grenades last night though, from slider and Nic, taking my own medicine isn't fun...

the one terminal map was brutal, when butrz drop landed on the other side of the wall...i've never seen that many dead bodies under the plane at one time...

It was a lot of fun, i wish i coulda stayed on longer, but things at work have been crazy this week, and i was beat...the good news is, if the SNOPOCALYPSE (duhn duhn duhn) hits this weekend, I'll be on most of the weekend...
Old 02-05-10, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by cnicholls44
what an asshole...the care package was taunting him, do you have to too?
Old 02-05-10, 09:05 AM

this is just to let you guys who don't play Warhawk with us know, because after I thought about it last night, I felt bad...I called Nic44 "a camping mother fucker" on the rooftop board...he and I are RL friends and we often yell at each other like that, but i know when i hear people argue in the public boards and yell about campers, they sound like crybabies and are really mad...I will yell at him for anything he does that gives him the upper hand on me. Madden has been cheating for him in football since High School and his players are all faster than mine in Hockey...it is bullshit and I will call him every name in the book, but I dont want anyone to think we are mad at each other, it is all in fun...and his little borther, Nic2.0 as Slider calls him, I too experience no greater joy during this game than when i kill him and swears at me...

Last edited by ivelostr2; 02-05-10 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-05-10, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by cnicholls44
AAAH!! That ticked me off!!! Darn thing, if only I could have hopped the fence!! I mean really, I could almost touch the darn thing!!!

Then, my last killstreak came with 10 seconds left, all I got to do was throw the marker before fade to black!

Last edited by SmackDaddy; 02-05-10 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-11-10, 11:04 AM

It's Thursday! Who will be on?
Old 02-11-10, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I should be on around 10, hopefully earlier.
Old 02-11-10, 06:00 PM

I should be there.
Old 02-12-10, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Had fun again last night, don't think I lost a single match (mostly just got lucky with team placement). One of the matches near the end everybody was using their shotgun class, it was pretty fun even though some were annoyed. If you can't beat them, join em. Hopefully i'll see you next week.
Old 02-12-10, 12:54 PM

Yeah, you guys love your shotguns. BTW, I was the one getting annoyed and I came in second on that one only to Slider and his shotguns. Also, while I think I actually have the shotguns available at my level(dont know for sure, never tried them), not everyone can join you as that is a rank limited weapon so it is not that simple. The ranger akimbos and the just running around like a John Woo movie just seem to me to be contrary to MW as it just seems too arcadey and more like playing quake...so, it gets annoying, but unfortunately it is part of the game...so cant blame anyone for using it.

Overall it was fun last night though. Would have liked to see some domination or some other team game the just TDM. Search and destroy or headquarters would have been cool as well.

Oh yeah, hardcore mode as well
Old 02-12-10, 01:08 PM

Knifing, grenade launching, and shotguns all seem to annoy people. I have nothing left!

Last week I put it on hardcore for a match and two people groaned and said they didn't like hardcore, so I haven't done it again since. I don't like Domination or S&D but I'm more than welcome to bring them in if a lot of people want it, because I'm sure there are some people who don't like TDM or DM either. By the way, the shotguns aren't a big deal if you keep your distance. I hold up small areas (like the plane debris on Scrapyard or the buildings on the city maps) but people keep coming back for more. Sniping or assault rifle-ing from a distance is the best way to kill a shotgunner, but next week I'll retire them.

The Wasteland map was fun, I hate that map, but I enjoy getting down in that bunker and using my RPG/Grenade launcher load out. Cardiff left the game abruptly and played some on the public servers, I don't know if he got bored or just doesn't care for game with a small number of people, but it was sad to lose him.

Digi, we cleared that Breach map crazy fast last night. We only failed the mission once I think, good stuff.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.