DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   The official Xbox 360 thread - the console of choice on nuclear submarines (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/567312-official-xbox-360-thread-console-choice-nuclear-submarines.html)

pinata242 11-04-10 11:11 AM

re: The official Xbox 360 thread - the console of choice on nuclear submarines

Originally Posted by MoviePage (Post 10472472)
I know! :lol: at the nerds.

By the way, I saw over at TrueAchievements that you're looking for a boosting partner for gamer points on Red Dead Redemption. I'd be up for that!

I know, right? Nerds all around me!

Yeah, man, any time.

xmiyux 11-04-10 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by starman9000 (Post 10472448)
Yeah. Rechargeables are a must. I just bought a ton of AAs, since I have so many remotes floating around the house.

Depending on your layout and needs having a wired controller can be nice as well. I own one wired controller that I can use with both the 360 and the PC. It is nice for playing games on Steam (Trine in particular) without having to pay extra for the dongle that lets a wireless controller work on the PC.

Decker 11-04-10 11:55 AM

Hey, miyu : Totally off topic, but I was wondering what your Live gamerpic is. It looks exactly like my sister (well, maybe like her on her best days) and it freaks me out every time I see it.

Proof below:

xmiyux 11-04-10 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 10472592)
Hey, miyu : Totally off topic, but I was wondering what your Live gamerpic is. It looks exactly like my sister (well, maybe like her on her best days) and it freaks me out every time I see it.

Proof below:

The gamerpic came from a demo disc packed in an issue of OXM. It is Zoe from Left 4 Dead.

Liver&Onions 11-04-10 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by MoviePage (Post 10472472)
I know! :lol: at the nerds.

By the way, I saw over at TrueAchievements that you're looking for a boosting partner for gamer points on Red Dead Redemption. I'd be up for that!

Originally Posted by pinata242 (Post 10472511)
I know, right? Nerds all around me!

Yeah, man, any time.

:lol: at the irony.

MoviePage 11-04-10 03:21 PM

That was sorta the point...

pinata242 11-04-10 04:15 PM

Yeah, I got it :shrug:

Liver&Onions 11-04-10 04:45 PM

Screw you guys. I've got a 5 month old with a cold, a cold myself and a wife with the flu. I don't need your shit!

Cusm 11-05-10 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions (Post 10473223)
Screw you guys. I've got a 5 month old with a cold, a cold myself and a wife with the flu. I don't need your shit!

Someone needs to report this guy for his abuse to members.

tlwizard 11-05-10 01:36 PM

Is the data transfer cable train still going? Or does someone have a legit MS data transfer cable that I can purchase?

Liver&Onions 11-05-10 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by TLwizard (Post 10474837)
Is the data transfer cable train still going? Or does someone have a legit MS data transfer cable that I can purchase?

It never went anywhere... because you can use a flash device for everything, and I'm a moron.

Liver&Onions 11-05-10 02:38 PM

So when are the points from the october promo supposed to be rebated? I'm too busy (read: Lazy) to do any research)

orangecrush 11-05-10 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions (Post 10474957)
So when are the points from the october promo supposed to be rebated? I'm too busy (read: Lazy) to do any research)

I thought it was 6-8 weeks or the end of November.

Jeremy517 11-05-10 03:45 PM

The free points will be deposited automatically into your Xbox LIVE account after the end of the promotion period. Please allow four weeks for delivery, on or around November 30, 2010.

Dan 11-05-10 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions (Post 10474953)
It never went anywhere... because you can use a flash device for everything, and I'm a moron.

Awww :( So our own personal human centipede never made it past first base?

Liver&Onions 11-05-10 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by SomethingMore (Post 10475105)
Awww :( So our own personal human centipede never made it past first base?

:lol: Nope :( It's till sitting in my drawer with the picture on it. Everytime my wife opens it to grab something, she scoffs.

Liver&Onions 11-05-10 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by orangecrush (Post 10474983)
I thought it was 6-8 weeks or the end of November.

Originally Posted by Jeremy517 (Post 10475098)
'Jeremy's stuff here.

Thanks for the look up :up:

tlwizard 11-05-10 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions (Post 10474953)

But that's gonna take so long! Gee-whillaggers.

If you stil have it and don't want it, I'll paypal you some money for it. Lemme know!

Liver&Onions 11-05-10 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by TLwizard (Post 10475150)
But that's gonna take so long! Gee-whillaggers.

If you stil have it and don't want it, I'll paypal you some money for it. Lemme know!

i won't sell it since it's SomethingMore's... but good luck getting me to the post office in a timely fashion. ;)

OldBoy 11-05-10 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598 (Post 10454782)
ok, thanks Boba. i don't think i can do one sitting, but nice to know that is there if i ever can.

anyone know approximately how long it takes to have the MS Points rebate deposited in your account if you spend the 2400 this month?

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions (Post 10474957)

"Welcome to the party pal!"

Decker 11-05-10 07:48 PM

It might take a little while. But it'll come eventually.
Just got my Noble Six Avatar Helmet code today and I signed up for that Live promotion probably two months ago.

tlwizard 11-05-10 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions (Post 10475155)
i won't sell it since it's SomethingMore's... but good luck getting me to the post office in a timely fashion. ;)

If you do USPS ship from home, they'll just pick it up with your normal mail. However, I know you're busy with your new child and being sick and all, so I can find other means of getting one.

mattysemo247 11-05-10 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 10475512)
It might take a little while. But it'll come eventually.
Just got my Noble Six Avatar Helmet code today and I signed up for that Live promotion probably two months ago.

Glad to hear. I was wondering about that and was going to shoot them a follow up e mail this weekend.

Spiderbite 11-06-10 07:22 PM

Watching a live ESPN football game on the 360 is cool but does anyone else find it odd that they don't show any commercials? Just a screen that says "the event will resume shortly."

I figured they would still have commercials since that is one more way to make money. I'm not complaining but it is rather strange.

Deftones 11-06-10 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd (Post 10476846)
Watching a live ESPN football game on the 360 is cool but does anyone else find it odd that they don't show any commercials? Just a screen that says "the event will resume shortly."

I figured they would still have commercials since that is one more way to make money. I'm not complaining but it is rather strange.

they do that on Sunday Night Football when you stream that on the internet. occasionally there will be commercials, but only a few per game.

i honestly don't know the reason for it. maybe it has something to do with the companies not paying for the cost to air the commercials on the internet too.

pinata242 11-06-10 07:49 PM

It was a question I asked back in the preview. I remember ESPN360 doing commercials in the past, like during March Madness and maybe even the World Cup. Since they've moved to ESPN3, I haven't seen any.

dizzlle01 11-06-10 08:50 PM

I tried the streaming today and all i get is standard definition on ESPN. How you stream in HD?

pinata242 11-06-10 08:53 PM

I didn't have to do anything. Are you sure everything is in SD or just the one event?

maingon 11-06-10 08:55 PM

Some events probably arent in HD

twikoff 11-06-10 08:59 PM

i watched the auburn game today on espn3 through my xbox
definitly wasnt HD and there was alot of buffering
but for the most part, it was watchable.. definitly better than paying PPV rates
my xbox is hardwired and my connection is typically around 12mb down.. never had any issues playing HD through netflix, no buffering, minimal adjusting down to lower quality... almost always full bars

mugwump 11-07-10 01:01 AM

I forgot to set the DVR to record the Michigan-Illinois game so ESPN3 on the 360 really saved my butt as I was able to start the full-length replay within minutes of the game ending and it looked very close to true HD. Not a game I would've wanted to miss out on. I was skeptical that I would ever actually use the thing and here I was turning to it within days of the upgrade.

mhg83 11-07-10 01:44 AM

I have a 1.5 mb connection and it definitely looked sd. Is that how all the games are gonna look due to my shitty connection speed?

Spiderbite 11-07-10 07:29 AM

The Auburn game was blocked here until after it was over. Since it was PPV, the picture was standard but was very watchable. It was nice to go thru the highlights myself (once the Arkansas/SC game got out of hand) since I wouldn't have normally been able to watch any of that game since I wouldn't spring for PPV for a Chattanooga game.

The Arkansas/SC game was in HD. The picture seemed just a little darker than the HD broadcasts on the main networks but that could just be ESPN. I canceled my HD cable awhile back so I haven't had ESPNHD in a year. No having HD anymore for sports (other than the local affiliates) really makes me love having this. I wouldn't have been able to watch the Arkansas/SC game in HD otherwise. :up: to this new channel!

Only thing that sucks is if your internet connection goes down or drops out. Then you are fucked.

Decker 11-07-10 09:29 AM

I like that new controller but the left thumbstick squeaks when I use it. Any thoughts on how to fix that? Will it just go away eventually?

Eric D. 11-08-10 06:38 PM

Does anybody know how to change the audio stream on Zune from stereo to 5.1? I downloaded the HD version of The Walking Dead and when it plays my receiver switches to stereo. It's really annoying and I wonder if it's similar to the PS3 where I have to manually switch to the 5.1 audio with the game controller. When I play games, they always come through in 5.1, but not this.

PixyJunket 11-10-10 08:48 AM

So, does anybody know of any games that have something similar to Bionic Commando's challenge system?

Okay, I know nobody played it so I'll explain. Basically you're given a task.. such as say, throwing an enemy into the air and killing them in midair. When you complete it, you'll be given an upgrade (extra helath or weapon upgrades), an expanded version of the challenge (do it fifteen times), and/or a different but related challenge.

It's an addicting little system and I'd probably give another game that does something similar a shot.

PixyJunket 11-10-10 09:36 AM

Also, I just want to say if they had not wasted time, money and resources making a fucking shit bullet-point only multi-player component that was probably dead and forgotten a month after its release, Bionic Commando could have been a great game. Instead, it's a game that has a few real shitty design choices that happens to rock really hard when the parts of the game that work are working. Just a LITTLE polish. That's all this game needed. And that went wasted into a component that nobody but the marketing department wanted.

Groucho 11-10-10 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket (Post 10483039)
So, does anybody know of any games that have something similar to Bionic Commando's challenge system?

Red Dead Redemption has something like this. Everything from picking flowers, to shooting hats off people's heads, to killing a grizzly bear with a knife.

PixyJunket 11-10-10 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 10483129)
Red Dead Redemption has something like this. Everything from picking flowers, to shooting hats off people's heads, to killing a grizzly bear with a knife.

Rad. I was interested in this anyway but am waiting for the $20 or GOTY version.

DVDChris 11-10-10 06:56 PM

Did anyone do the Reese's Halloween promotion that was on the Dashboard? I just received a First Prize email. I was very excited until I read what I won:
"Congratulations! You have been selected as a First Prize winner of the REESE’S® Halloween Trick or Treat Instant Win Sweepstakes sponsored by Microsoft Corporation.

You have won a coupon redeemable for up to $1.00 off of one (1) 2-pack REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cups 1.5 oz (ARV $1.00 USD). "