Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dante's Inferno - 2/9/10

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-10, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dante's Inferno - 2/9/10

Originally Posted by glassdragon
You do know if you buy it you get a code in it for the prequel level and other stuff for free when it's released right?

At least on the PS3 Divine Edition you do.
That was another thing I thought was odd. The whole SE not costing more on the PS3 was weird to me but I understand it as a move to appeal to people who would be tempted to pass on the game and wait for GOW3. I enjoy my PS3 but the controller is just too light and feels fragile so I only buys games for it if they are not available on other systems.
Old 02-16-10, 07:38 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am around 6 hours in now and I have just reached "Anger". I was worried that the game would get worse the further I got, but I have not found that to be true yet. The environment design is just awesome in this game. There are lots of "wow, that is freaking cool" moments. I think the game will probably be worth the $60 I paid for it. I can see myself playing through the game several times.
Old 02-16-10, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I finished it in 9.5 hours and I have to admit, I really, really enjoyed this game. I would have preferred a longer game but, in all, I really can't complain. The design and look of this game is incredible. A totally immersive experience that requires a second go round, if for nothing else to find all the collectables I missed on the first go thru!
Old 02-16-10, 09:14 AM

Does anyone else find the challenges towards the end out of place? It just seems like those should all be mini games and not a part of the actual experience
Old 02-16-10, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JBR52
Does anyone else find the challenges towards the end out of place? It just seems like those should all be mini games and not a part of the actual experience
Yes! Completely! I just talked about this on my latest podcast. It makes no sense!
Spoiler:
Those would actually serve as a bit of training with mixing up your attacks, but they are all just completely thrown in at the end of the game. Like they knew it was way too short so attempted to pad it out at the end by just making you fight a bunch of waves. Very, very odd.
Old 02-16-10, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JBR52
Just finished on Medium. Took a little over 8 hours. Overall very happy with my purchase, and i could see myself doing another playthrough to get some more achivements.

For the hell of it, I reloaded an old save on easy mode, and wow, what a difference. All I had to do was spam an attack button and everybody went down without a fight. Even bosses. It's amazing how much the gameplay changes as you up the challenge. Without blocking and evading, you will die time and time again.
Old 02-16-10, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
For the hell of it, I reloaded an old save on easy mode, and wow, what a difference. All I had to do was spam an attack button and everybody went down without a fight. Even bosses. It's amazing how much the gameplay changes as you up the challenge. Without blocking and evading, you will die time and time again.
This is good to hear. I played on the lowest level just to get through the game and experience it all and thought it was ridiculously easy. (And only a 5 hour experience.) I'm glad to hear at least the normal level maintains a decent level of challenge. I would assume that means you can't just spam the cross attack and basically sit in the middle of the field destroying everybody?
Old 02-16-10, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by superfro
This is good to hear. I played on the lowest level just to get through the game and experience it all and thought it was ridiculously easy. (And only a 5 hour experience.) I'm glad to hear at least the normal level maintains a decent level of challenge. I would assume that means you can't just spam the cross attack and basically sit in the middle of the field destroying everybody?

No, medium is actually extremely difficult. I actually bumped it down because it was pissing me off.
Old 02-16-10, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by glassdragon
No, medium is actually extremely difficult. I actually bumped it down because it was pissing me off.
Well see that's a problem then too right? Sounds like it has a tough time striking a good balance?
Old 02-16-10, 04:01 PM
wlj

i am 8 hours in playing zealot. it has been quite difficult at times. i am struggling at this spot right now but i refuse to bump it down to classic.
Old 02-16-10, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes! Completely! I just talked about this on my latest podcast. It makes no sense!
Spoiler:
Those would actually serve as a bit of training with mixing up your attacks, but they are all just completely thrown in at the end of the game. Like they knew it was way too short so attempted to pad it out at the end by just making you fight a bunch of waves. Very, very odd.
Dude, it's the Fraud ring....what else would you expect?
Old 02-16-10, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well see that's a problem then too right? Sounds like it has a tough time striking a good balance?
Yeah, on medium it was hard enough where I was dying in the first 20 minutes of the game 5, 6, or 7 times to one encounter.
Old 02-16-10, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

I rented the cartoon off of Netflix and have played the demo. While the gameplay seems simple and might be short, this truly looks great from a graphics and visual standpoint. I would like to wait for this to hit a discount bin, but might have to wait until I get more coupons.
Old 02-17-10, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Beat it on easy in 6 hours, and had a blast. I haven't had this much fun with a game like this since Heavenly Sword.
Old 02-17-10, 07:58 AM
wlj

i have close to 10 hours in the game...I am near the end I think.
Spoiler:
I echo everyone's thoughts on the "challenges" in the Fraud ring. They do seem very out of place and break up the momentum. And to top it all off there are 10 challenges to go through -- way too many.
Old 02-18-10, 07:39 AM
wlj

i need some assistance:

Spoiler:
I am playing on zealot, I can't beat Lucifer for the life of me. I can get his health down to about halfway --- then he starts to pound the ground 4 times in a row and it seems impossible to dodge them all. I may not have my holy level high enough --- I am at 5, but my cross attacks don't seem to hurt him all that much. Any tips? am i missing something?
Old 02-19-10, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by DVDChris
So what did everyone think of the super bowl ad for this game? Thought it was just okay myself.
Haven't played the game but I love the use of Ain't No Sunshine in the ad currently on TV
Old 02-19-10, 08:03 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by davidh777
Haven't played the game but I love the use of Ain't No Sunshine in the ad currently on TV

i liked it. i think the use of "Hell Awaits" from Slayer would have been the ultimate choice.

on another note:

i finished it last night. it took me an hour to beat Lucifer, but I was determined not to decrease the difficulty. I came close to doing that though. Like I said earlier, I don't think I did my upgrades in the right way to fight Lucifer. That is why I had such an ordeal. I am going through it again and I am sure it will be alot easier since I can upgrade correctly to maximize on his weaknesses. After completing the game I rate it 9/10. I loved it from beginning to end -- the challenges near the end did aggravate me though.
Old 02-19-10, 12:09 PM
wlj

new costume on the marketplace.

Old 02-19-10, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
i liked it. i think the use of "Hell Awaits" from Slayer would have been the ultimate choice.
It was supposed to be a tag line of "Go To Hell" until CBS nixed it for the Super Bowl broadcast. The ad ended with the Go To Hell tag when it premiered on the Xbox dashboard a few days before the Super Bowl.
Old 02-19-10, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Ok, just finished it on the 360 in 5 hours and was wondering if anyone else wondered
Spoiler:
what is going on with Lucifer's wedding tackle???
Old 02-20-10, 11:34 AM

I just started playing this and was surprised to die at the very first "boss". Usually such an early fight would be extremely simple to allow the player to get a feel for the controls but you had to use blocks and evades right away. Maybe it's just that I have spent so much time with FPS games recently.
Old 02-20-10, 07:59 PM
wlj

whew, wait till u fight the last boss. get used to dying.
Old 02-22-10, 08:11 AM
wlj

I finished my second playthrough last night:

1st playthrough -- 10.5 hours
2nd playthrough -- 6.5 hours

it certainly cuts down alot on the game time once you know what you are doing. Very awesome game, I am gonna go through it on infernal next.
Old 02-22-10, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dropped to $45.99 on Amazon this morning. I may grab it at that price.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.