DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Batman: Arkham City Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/566364-batman-arkham-city-thread.html)

Groucho 10-07-11 02:30 PM

Re: Batman: Arkham City Thread

So this is basically Borderlands in Gotham City, right?

nickdawgy 10-07-11 02:53 PM

:lol:

Raul3 10-07-11 07:51 PM

:up:

Mike86 10-09-11 04:36 PM

Saw a preview last night showing Batman fighting thugs in Joker's Carnival and it looked awesome. Read some more on it online it sounds like its a part of the DLC and adds around 4 hours of material to the game. I can't wait to play this!!

nickdawgy 10-09-11 05:07 PM

They gonna release a demo before the game like AA? I haven't read the whole thread, not sure if it was mentioned or not.

Decker 10-09-11 09:19 PM

So no special PS3 exclusives this time around?

OldBoy 10-09-11 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 10958718)
So no special PS3 exclusives this time around?

listed as an extra on Green Lantern Blu.

PS3 Arkham City Character Skin Code: Suit up as Sinestro Corps Batman in the PS3 version of Arkham City.

Decker 10-10-11 01:19 AM

I wonder if that's something on-disc or a DLC code. I'd borrow the Blu from Netflix, but no way I purchase that POS movie on Blu ray, Batman skin or not.

OldBoy 10-12-11 02:49 PM

more reviews.

XBOX 360: 94.44%
Games Master UK 12/01/11 Review 97 out of 100
Game Informer 11/01/11 Review 10 out of 10
PS3: 97.50%
Game Informer 11/01/11 Review 10 out of 10
Playstation Official Magazine AU 11/01/11 Review 10 out of 10

Groucho 10-12-11 02:54 PM

97 out of 100? Really?! What's the difference between say a 96 game and a 98 game?

JohnSlider 10-12-11 02:56 PM

What's the difference between a 9.6 and a 9.8 out of 10.0 on IGN? :shrug:

orangecrush 10-12-11 03:12 PM

FYI for those who don't want the CE. Kmart will be doing a $30 gaming coupon + a $5 coupon for LOTR with this game.

Decker 10-12-11 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by orangecrush (Post 10962517)
FYI for those who don't want the CE. Kmart will be doing a $30 gaming coupon + a $5 coupon for LOTR with this game.

Weren't they giving a T-shirt as well? Did that get changed?

orangecrush 10-12-11 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 10962552)
Weren't they giving a T-shirt as well? Did that get changed?

That fell through, but now we get $5 towards LOTR. Still a great deal with or without the t-shirt or $5 coupon.

Decker 10-12-11 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by orangecrush (Post 10962572)
That fell through, but now we get $5 towards LOTR. Still a great deal with or without the t-shirt or $5 coupon.

That $5 doesn't even cover the tax and that game has a $20 credit at Amazon if anyone is actually foolish enough to buy it at full price at launch. Disappointing. I guess I'll still get it from Kmart, but I haven't yet cancelled my New Egg pre-order. That shirt looked cool.

edit : LOTR coupon got bumped to $10. Still not interested, but maybe someone is.

Boba Fett 10-12-11 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by John Slider (Post 10962477)
What's the difference between a 9.6 and a 9.8 out of 10.0 on IGN? :shrug:

As someone who reviews game, I can't begin to tell you how much I despise having to assign a score to a game, especially when I just adapt 0-10 to cover the full spectrum of A-F. I just don't see the logic in making 8-10 good, 7 ok, and everything below a wide spectrum of bad.

kstublen 10-12-11 06:17 PM

I went ahead and pre-ordered from Best Buy for Robin and the challenge maps. Hopefully when I go to pick it up in-store it comes with the code, otherwise I'll probably just try and return it.

Raul3 10-12-11 06:24 PM

I preordered yesterday from BB and they said that they are going to email the code for Robin.

Deftones 10-12-11 07:56 PM

yeah, best buy always emails the codes. i got the gow3 character via email. oddly, i got 2 emails w/ 2 unique codes for the same thing. i'm thinking b/c i had preorders for 2 copies, but canceled one. i should start ebaying them. :lol:

MoviePage 10-12-11 08:19 PM

The GoW3 character code email from BB deal turned into a giant clusterfuck. There was a forum set up for it on their support site which ran into the hundreds of pages, and the poor lady who was trying to sort it all out (and who was doing a good job but just couldn't keep up) had to pull in a bunch of other people full-time to help her deal with it and get people their codes that never came.

I'd like to get the Robin character, but I really don't want to pre-order from BB. It'll be DLC pretty soon anyway.

orangecrush 10-13-11 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 10962603)
That $5 doesn't even cover the tax and that game has a $20 credit at Amazon if anyone is actually foolish enough to buy it at full price at launch. Disappointing. I guess I'll still get it from Kmart, but I haven't yet cancelled my New Egg pre-order. That shirt looked cool.

edit : LOTR coupon got bumped to $10. Still not interested, but maybe someone is.

LOTR is being made by the same studio that made Champions of Norath and Baulders Gate Dark Aliance, so it could easily be a good dungeon crawler. If it turns out to be good, that would be $80+ tax for 2 games + another $15-20 coupon. That blows Amazon out of the water. Heck, even if you didn't want to keep LOTR, I'll bet you will be able to trade it to Best Buy for around $45 with bonuses.

stupiddimbulb 10-13-11 01:00 PM

The Amazon preorder bonus is $10, not $20

Decker 10-13-11 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by stupiddimbulb (Post 10963674)
The Amazon preorder bonus is $10, not $20

Per Amazon :

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...186380305_.jpg
Bonus Offer - $20 Credit and Exclusive In-game Orc Champion Sword
Pre-Order Lord of the Rings: War in the North and get a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Also get the Amazon exclusive Orc Champion Sword which increases your character's max health. A code to access the sword will be emailed to you on the day your product ships. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate these promotions at any time. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Both offers will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per customer.

You might have thought I was referring to the Batman game, but I wasn't.
You might also think this would be the perfect time for me to make some easy crack about your user name, and I'll be honest -- I was tempted.

Obi-Wanma 10-13-11 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 10963714)
Per Amazon :

You might have thought I was referring to the Batman game, but I wasn't.
You might also think this would be the perfect time for me to make some easy crack about your user name, and I'll be honest -- I was tempted.

Yeah, but if anyone was actually interested in LOTR, it also comes with a $20 coupon from Kmart. So $10 bucks off + take off any other coupons you may have from buying games at Kmart + another $20 coupon is not a bad deal if the LOTR game is something you're intrested in, but I realize it's not something for everybody.

Decker 10-13-11 01:43 PM

It's a little cheaper than MSRP at Amazon -- $56.54 now. That makes it really close Amazon vs Kmart with the $10 off coupon. Depending on tax rate it might be a little cheaper at one or the other, but it would be really close either way. Too bad that coupon wasn't for more than just the one game ($10 off Uncharted 3 would have been very much appreciated, as would a discount on points or PSN cards)