Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-10, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: The Ultimate Pinball Thread

Originally Posted by spainlinx0

I have a question about the pinball table above. How does the tilt work?
There's a motion sensing hardware/software installed that allows you to tilt the actual machine that'll respond to the table software. I think it's called U-Shake board.
Old 02-17-10, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Can you specify the table and description? I wish they would let you view your completed basic goals along with the wizard goals. It doesn't sound that familiar though so I'm guessing it was something I got without planning it.
Whoops sorry, it was Medieval Madness (I had written out the question before but apparently it didn't post and my repost was hasty).

The Super Jet goal is just hitting the bumpers on the upper right like 50 times. I've done it multiple times, but the achievement won't stick. Looking around online it seems that it might be an issue of it only working when the actual Super Jet notice lights up on the screen, but I don't know how to control that.
Old 02-17-10, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Yup, I don't remember targeting that goal specifically. I would have to go through the directions for that table.
Old 02-18-10, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I got that one to work yesterday, I just had to be careful not to have multi-ball in effect when it was close to making it to 50 hits. Kind of an odd little glitch.
Old 02-18-10, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Was playing the 24 pinball machine at the laundromat the other day, and it is a lot harder to bump the table than in this game. That thing would barely shift on the floor unless I really moved it, and I was too late to do that by time the shot was close.
Old 02-20-10, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can see myself doing that now, seeing a MM machine and getting all cocky, then losing cash in short order.

Odd question, I was playing whirlwind and my ball shot off the table, does that actually happen?
Old 02-20-10, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have never seen it happen in person, but it has happened to me on a few tables in the game. I assume it does.

I have three wizard goals left before I can have all achievements. Luckily Jive Time's Wizard Goals don't give you achievement points. Any tips from people on these?

Medieval Madness - Win video mode. I can activate it no problem. I CANNOT kill all birds for the life of me. My best was 23. You have to kill 30.

Pinbot - Advance to the sun and earn the special. This is the most frustrating fucking thing to do. The gutters get so much play, and you have to basically play with them the entire time. I made it once to the sun so far, but then I didn't collect the special. Ugh, I just hate this table due to this.

No Good Gofers - Score a super jackpot. This thing has so many steps in a row. I'm going to have to write down the instructions, and do them in order to even try to get this. Anyone gotten these?
Old 02-20-10, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Whooooooooo just got No Good Gofers. I am burned out though. I don't know if I'll ever get the last 2 Wizard Goals.
Old 02-20-10, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice Work.

I think you'll get MM if you stick to it, but I agree that the frustrations with Pinbot might make that one not worth it to try.
Old 10-24-10, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

Anyone else excited that Pinball FX is finally almost here? It sounds great. Updates to the graphics and physics of all existing Pinball FX tables, The ability to demo any DLC table before you buy, Online hotseat multiplayer. Local Split-Screen. Here's the IGN Preview:

Originally Posted by IGN
Now, for the information you have all been waiting for…how much is Pinball FX 2 going to cost? It's actually a bit of a complicated question, so we're breaking it down piece by piece. The first thing to understand is that Pinball FX 2 is a FREE platform download for any Xbox LIVE Arcade user, providing access to the entire library of Pinball FX 2 content. Within the platform, you can demo every table before making a purchase.

The second thing to understand is that current Pinball FX owners are being well taken care of. When you download the Pinball FX 2 platform, you will simply import your existing content, this is FREE. That's no strings attached backwards compatibility! The original tables will not only receive graphics and physics updates, they will also receive NEW Achievements!

If you have never purchased Pinball FX content, you will be able to buy the Classic Collection (Speed Machine, Extreme Agents, and Buccaneer) within Pinball FX 2 for 800 MS points. The original DLC tables (Nightmare Mansion, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Street Fighter II Tribute Table, and Earth Defense) will each be available for 240 MS points.

Pasha, Rome, BioLab & Secrets of the Deep represent the Pinball FX 2 Core Collection. This four table collection will be available on October 13th, 2010 for 800 MS points.

The Pinball FX 2 platform provides unparallel flexibility when deciding what you want to buy. Try each table, make sure it's what you want, and then make the purchase. We are happy to provide backward compatibility to all our Pinball FX fans, and we know they will really enjoy the new content.

Explore the depths of the sea and uncover a mysterious and beautiful world filled with strange creatures and priceless ancient artifacts Secrets of the Deep joins Pasha Rome and BioLab as the Pinball FX Core Collection. Pinball FX will be available on Xbox LIVE Arcade October th as part of Game Feast presented by Microsoft. About Pinball FX 2 Pinball FX is back, and it's better than ever! Pinball FX 2 offers improved graphics and a host of new features for novices and experts alike: a new state-of-the-art physics model that surpasses anything available so far, Operators Menu with custom settings and advanced play info, automatic in-game challenges against your friends, and split-screen local multiplayer mode—a first in video pinball history! Pinball FX 2 offers full backwards compatibility for Pinball FX owners—download Pinball FX 2 free and play all your Pinball FX tables within Pinball FX 2!
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lvntryKKWlE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lvntryKKWlE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

OXM gave it an 8.5 and biggest criticism is that some of the tables are too busy. They complain about motion blur on the ball, but I can't believe that there's not an option to turn that off.

On a related topic, did anyone pick up the new DLC table Paranormal for Zen Pinball for the PS3? It sounds cool and has a crazy 10 flippers. Better Haunted House table than the one on the 360, I'd guess. Haven't bought it yet, but probably will. Here's the trailer:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/prcYUl58xnI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/prcYUl58xnI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited by Decker; 10-24-10 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-03-10, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

Guess I missed your post Decker as I just found out that Pinball FX2 came out. Just got a chance to run thru a few tables on it and it seems pretty fun and quite similar to the Zen Pinball tables on the PS3.

I do really like all the friends support they gave this new rendition. It really makes you want to work on your score and compare.

All my old tables from the original Pinball FX transferred just fine and they really spruced up the looks of the old tables but unfortunately did little tweaking (I am looking at you Extreme). Some of the revised tables look a little too dark compared to what I remember on the originals but it has been awhile since I played the game.

I will definitely check out that Paranormal table on the PS3. It's cool that they are doing separate tables for each console but at the same time, I would prefer all them them be available so I could just play them on one console.

anyone who wants to have someone to compare score with, send me a friend request (FatalSpiderbite on the 360 and Arachnid Sting on the PS3). I always enjoy a Pinball challenge. I just wish this had come out before Rock Band 3.
Old 11-03-10, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll send you a friend request in a bit brian. Always could use more people to compete against.
Old 11-03-10, 10:30 PM

brian, I was wondering why you weren't cluttering up the top of my Leaderboards. I assumed you'd de-friended me.
We've been talking about Pinball FX2 quite a bit on the XBLA thread. I think it's magnificent actually. They did such a great job integrating your Friends list into this game. Beating their avatar as he weeps is such a blast.
I love all the new tables, though Rome seems awful stingy. The older ones are mostly improved, especially with ball physics. I used to much prefer playing Zen Pinball, but this new version is much better. I used to hate Extreme, but now I loathe it. That table sucks.
Buccaneer has undergone some sort of strange revision that has dropped scoring by a factor of 100, it seems. Other DLC tables fared much better.
Overall, I'm a huge fan of the new game and have been recommending it to everyone. Our DVD Talk peers have done a great job picking it up and climbing up the Leaderboards.
Old 11-03-10, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I used to hate Extreme, but now I loathe it. That table sucks.
That's the only table i don't at all enjoy playing on.
Old 11-04-10, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I only have a couple tables, but feel free to add me (StarNate SG9er)
Old 11-04-10, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

Decker, prepare to see clutter soon (hopefully). I haven't touched any pinball games in a long time so I hope to reclaim the title of Pinball King! And I agree with you that the Friend list integration is perfect.

I almost wanted to shed a tear when I saw they cleared the old leaderboards. A couple of my scores took forever to attain. I look forward to putting some time in on the new tables. I was able to hit each of them once and so far I was quite impressed though I didn't spend enough time to give a full review.
Old 11-04-10, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll add a few of you guys as well, I'm really loving the way the leaderboards work in this, and I'm not usually big on them.
Old 11-04-10, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts

I am playing this alot, too. I am babycow93 if anyone wants to add me.
Old 11-04-10, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Went ahead and bought Zen Pinball while I'm on my pinball fix. I could use some people to compete against, so if anyone wants to add me on PSN, my name is flashburn2012.
Old 11-04-10, 03:52 PM

Pick up Mars. That table is a trip! Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma is a bitch of a table (I guess that was sort of the point given the source material), but is still pretty cool once you get the hang of it.
Old 11-04-10, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay, will do. I'll probably pick them all up, except for the ones that are also out on Xbox of course.
Old 11-04-10, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I OWN the table in Extreme right now in PFX2 - such a terrible table though. Who really approved that thing, it's awful.
Old 11-04-10, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate hate hate Extreme. Didn't like it in the first FX and don't like it here either. I'm finally starting to get a good feel for Pasha.
Old 11-04-10, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jcheckel
I hate hate hate Extreme. Didn't like it in the first FX and don't like it here either. I'm finally starting to get a good feel for Pasha.
I thought i did well on Rocky & Bullwinkle tonight with just over 39 mill till i saw your 517.8
Old 11-05-10, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, my 50 million looked pretty sad next to that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.