Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

Old 03-27-12, 02:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

I think it starts it up with 3 balls all the time, don't really remember. The add ball really helps keep the multiball going. Once I get it down to 2 balls, I can get one going on each flipper and get a quite a few jackpots, since its really just doing the counterattack and getting 2 jackpots for each circuit. I will have to give it a shot with just one of the extra jackpots, since I think those jackpot lanes are the keys to good scores on them.

The multiball is the real key to high scores on this table. On my tourney score of about 250 million, I'd say 200 million was in the multiball. Not sure how high I have my Jackpots right now, I think its around 4million, but I'm usually good for about 40-60 million per multiball.
Old 03-27-12, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,294 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Dude has at least four more tables than me and he thinks he should be king.
Sorry to interrupt the love fest but I would like to contribute some of my Live points so poor L&O can buy these four tables he is so fond of mentioning that he doesn't have.
Old 03-27-12, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Sorry to interrupt the love fest but I would like to contribute some of my Live points so poor L&O can buy these four tables he is so fond of mentioning that he doesn't have.
If you did that, then poor Pinata wouldn't stand a chance. Let the poor kid enjoy the crown from time to time. He knows deep down that he's holding the crown, it's like I'm spotting him at least 100M.
Old 03-27-12, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jcheckel
I think it starts it up with 3 balls all the time, don't really remember. The add ball really helps keep the multiball going. Once I get it down to 2 balls, I can get one going on each flipper and get a quite a few jackpots, since its really just doing the counterattack and getting 2 jackpots for each circuit. I will have to give it a shot with just one of the extra jackpots, since I think those jackpot lanes are the keys to good scores on them.

The multiball is the real key to high scores on this table. On my tourney score of about 250 million, I'd say 200 million was in the multiball. Not sure how high I have my Jackpots right now, I think its around 4million, but I'm usually good for about 40-60 million per multiball.
Yeah, I think it starts with 3 regardless.
Old 03-27-12, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See, that's my point. If you can start MB with 3 balls by only locking two, then you can have more MB modes started, so while you may have one less JP shot, you get more chances at them. I dunno, it might be worth looking at.
Old 03-27-12, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

L&O is going to need those tables now. Took EQ up to 454M just now, almost beat the final monster twice, but just missed. Nearly started it a third time (since it's only a couple monsters that reset). He's worth 50M and can be done during Princess Multiball, fwiw.

Nice thing is that my superscore got a huge bump since I beat my previous Mars tourney score by 160M so that's all gravy.

You're 350SS behind me now.
Old 03-27-12, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

nice work
Old 03-27-12, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I went against my rules and bought 1600 points for $19 today in anticipation of tomorrow's release. normally I need a much deeper discount, but I'm pretty sure I'll need them tomorrow.
Old 03-28-12, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't see it.
Old 03-28-12, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Of course

Originally Posted by Farsight Studios
Microsoft has asked Crave (the XBLA publisher) to delay the release for a week to get better placement on the dashboard. We're sorry for the delay, but as of yesterday we were still hopeful to get review codes to give to the press and at least the option to release today. Even Microsoft seems to have expected the game to have been released this week. We will update again later today when the date is official.
Old 03-28-12, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The achievements are up for TPA: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

Same basic structure as PFX2 in that there are 3 for each table worth 50g, but they're pretty boring as it's just the same three over and over. And it looks like the first 10g for each table is just given for playing the game, unless it comes with a stacked local high score list which would kind of suck.
Old 03-28-12, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Those achievements look almost identical to the Williams Collection ones.

Blah!
Old 03-28-12, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,699 Likes on 4,570 Posts

So it's 800 points for four tables, I assume? That's fine, and actually a better deal than the iOS version, I think.
I'll be picking up the PS3/Vita version. Hope I'll have some PS Friends who get it as well.

Any word on whether Zen will be doing the same PS3/Vita thing with their Avengers tables?
Old 03-28-12, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Those achievements look almost identical to the Williams Collection ones.

Blah!
Aren't these the same people? Hell, they even have one of the same tables in this set (Arabian Nights),
Old 03-28-12, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

He was just hoping for some more creativity with them, is all.

I've had that Williams collection for years (I think from a cheap-ass Gamestop $10 sale?) but never got around to playing it.
Old 03-28-12, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by pinata242

I've had that Williams collection for years (I think from a cheap-ass Gamestop $10 sale?) but never got around to playing it.
Oh man. You should.

Tales of Arabian Nights was one of my all time favorite tables and I loved getting to play it again digitally. The high score list though stinks since it doesn't let you compare easily to friends. We took to keeping a thread on 8BB where we self updated our high scores just to see how we ranked. If this new XBLA version has decent leaderboards a la FX2 then I will easily doubledip and pay even more for the same tables.
Old 03-28-12, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242

Same here, probably the same cheap ass sale . After playing FX so much, I keep thinking to opening it but haven't yet.
Old 03-28-12, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know the physics are supposed to be better in Williams collection and Pinball Arcade, but I just don't like it.

I played quite a bit of Williams Collection a while back (after playing PFX2 for a while), and it just came off as slow and boring. The tables in there had nothing on the PFX tables, and I just didn't get a sense of speed on things at all. No exhiliration, just mediocrity, in my opinion.

I'll demo Pinball Arcade, but that's probably as far as it's going to go.
Old 03-28-12, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's my fear - I'm now accustomed to Zen's take on video pinball that emulated real world just won't cut it.
Old 03-28-12, 09:25 PM

That's pretty much what I posted a few weeks ago.

Originally Posted by Decker
I'm wondering now if the awesomeness that Zen has brought forth upon XBLA and PSN has totally diminished my appreciation for the historical accuracy and authenticity that Pinball Arcade is trying to produce. Sort of like how we Gen X kids first got interested in space by watching Star Wars, and then discovered that real-life space exploration was far less exciting.
Old 03-28-12, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have you on ignore, penis slicer.
Old 03-29-12, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Good thing Pinball Arcade didn't come out yesterday. 535M on Epic Quest tonight. I'm pretty sure that's as far as I'm taking that tourney.
Old 04-04-12, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Gave TPA a spin this morning. Like everyone said, it's a little too slow compared to PFX2. Doesn't look like there's any overall meta competition with friends, just individual table leaderboards. As far as I could tell, the view was locked when shooting the ball, so I couldn't really see any skillshot opportunities.

They don't give you long to play on each, just until the first achievement (score) pops, then you have to either buy or exit. None of the four included tables really excited me so I'm gonna wait a bit and hope for some great DLC. Theater of Magic just bleeds points, it's like they just multiplied everything by 1000.
Old 04-04-12, 09:17 AM

Any word on when these will be coming to PS3/Vita?
Old 04-04-12, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So does it feel like Pinball Hall of Fame, ported over?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.