Reload this Page >

The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

Old 10-27-11, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

I see why that table was free. Yeesh there's a lot going on in not a lot of space.
Old 10-27-11, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,418 Likes on 4,389 Posts

My feelings too. I like the "executive desk toy" element on the right side, but overall there's so much there and I had no idea what I was supposed to do when I tried it yesterday. Hey, free is free and I'm really glad I got it without actually buying the Zen version when that one came out. But not sure I want to visit this table much, esp with new Marvel tables just around the corner.
Old 10-27-11, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I liked the table. Not as much as MSM or SL recently, but I like the fact that it's insane with 10 flippers and bunch of puzzles all over it.
Old 10-27-11, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
I liked the table. Not as much as MSM or SL recently, but I like the fact that it's insane with 10 flippers and bunch of puzzles all over it.
Agreed. It actually ended up being a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Of course it's nowhere near the same level as the Marvel or MSM releases, but there's a lot more going on with it than I expected. Especially for the price.
Old 10-27-11, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I will also say the mulitball cube puzzle thing (other than Levitate) can lick a dick.

And fuck Nessie in her stupid nose.
Old 10-27-11, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, those magnet-based cube modes will take some time to learn. I'm sure there are big points to be had there versus Levitate.
Old 10-27-11, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Quite likely.
Old 10-31-11, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Finally tried for the first time Pinball FX2 over the weekend. And darn you folks, you are the very reason I'll probably get addicted to it . I had the Paranormal table free (which I did like a lot) and also picked up Sorcerer's Lair after playing a trial and liking it a lot too. They really gear this sucker towards having friends who play it too. So, if anybody wants to add me, feel free...I'll certainly accept .
Old 10-31-11, 10:09 AM

Attention PS3 pinballers (there are some, right?). Turns out there's a semi-stealth new pinball game launching as a PSN-exclusive tomorrow.

Pinballistik Brings Battle Pinball to PSN in November

+ Posted by Bill Fryer // Marketing and PR Coordinator, Creat Studios

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/815gZUwDqjM?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey, PlayStation Network friends! :-) I wanted to stop by to tell you that Pinballistik is coming to the PlayStation Store on November 1st for only $3.99! Test your mettle in the non-stop action of battle pinball. You can complete exciting features on your side of the table or try to get the ball past your opponent on the opposing side. We have something for those pinball purists out there too: Each of the uniquely themed battle tables has its own classic table.

Start the Pinballistik experience off with Circle the Wagons. Mosey on down to the saloon or pay a visit to the can-can dancers. Make sure to finish loading that revolver before your opponent, then take aim and FIRE! Pinball has never been this intense.

Pinballistik will launch with day-one DLC tables Sector X and Made of Money. This lets you pick and choose the tables you want to download. Don’t worry about the price: each additional game pack is only $2.99.

Everyone at Creat Studios is incredibly excited to continue supporting PSN with the release of Pinballistik. We’re always listening, and we absolutely love chatting with our fans. Please check us out on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to hear about our current projects and to talk to the team. Let us know what you think of Pinballistik!

That simultanious multiplayer aspect seems pretty interesting (and a long-time coming when you think about it). Not sure if I'll like it as much as the Zen tables, but I'll probably pick up at least the base table to give it a try.

edit : Here are the trailers for the other two tables:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EwfSidp5noY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SU_jN394bxg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-31-11, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So that must be what the spammer was on about, not the legit-looking Pinball Arcade.
Old 10-31-11, 11:46 AM

I missed the spammer, so I was confused about what you guys were talking about after his posts were deleted (I guess).

FWIW, this game is made by Creat Studios, who previously made Mushroom Wars, Magic Orbz, Super Smash Cars, Digger HD, TerRover and Wakeboarding HD. Most of their games are pretty crappy (I found the demo of TerRover nearly unplayable and Wakeboarding is just awful, apparently), but Mushroom Wars is actually quite good. All their games are PSN exclusive, so I would doubt we'll see these tables migrate over to XBLA later the way we did with most of the Zen Pinball exclusive tables. Since I don't like most of their other games, I might wait for a review before picking this one up.
Old 10-31-11, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,152 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
All their games are PSN exclusive, so I would doubt we'll see these tables migrate over to XBLA later the way we did with most of the Zen Pinball exclusive tables. Since I don't like most of their other games, I might wait for a review before picking this one up.
Is it 4 bucks for a limited time or is that the normal price? I never play anything on my PS3 besides BDs and I know I have a 20 spot sitting in my PS wallet that will likely never get used. I might pick it up since you think it will be a PS3 exclusive and give a review of it.
Old 11-01-11, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Buy Zen pinball instead.
Old 11-03-11, 09:36 AM

Welp, as expected (and yes it is everybody on this thread's fault), I am playing the two tables (Paranormal and Sorceror's Lair) to death. And I am still way behind Pinata's scores . Anyway, it is interesting I like SL a lot better than Paranormal but I have a better score and a couple of the achievements in the latter.

Anyway, wanted to ask what tables you folks really like (not including those two) and why. I certainly want to buy more tables but don't want to run out and get them all like a freaking Pokemon collection. Also, is waiting for a sale on tables like waiting for sales on Rockband music, i.e. am I going to be waiting for a long long time. I know we got lucky with Paranormal being free for the first week, but I'm really hoping that the Marvel 4-pack goes on sale at some point.
Old 11-03-11, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If you only want single tables, Captain America is this best. You'll be waiting a long time for pinball pack sales as I still am even after all the Marvel tie-in possibilities this summer.

There are plenty of single tables you can buy to pass the time. I also enjoy Mars and Ms Splosion Man. The latter is extremely easy to "beat" and produces some high scores.
Old 11-03-11, 10:14 AM

I'll second Cap and Ms Splosion Man. Also like Fantastically Four. Personally I dislike Mars -- too much distracting stuff flying around. On the 360 all the tables have demos, so just tey them out and see which ones you like.
Old 11-03-11, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Mars was my first and good for almost 300M on the tourney so I have a soft spot for it
Old 11-03-11, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,152 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Buy Zen pinball instead.
Already got it.
Old 11-03-11, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Already got it.
Saved you $4.
Old 11-04-11, 08:30 AM

Thanks for the comments about Cap. After playing a quick trial, I was instantly hooked and purchased it. My wife has started watching me play and even though initially she was all like "I don't play pinball on console." She was asking me to try out various other tables. This is so leading up to a point where I come home and she's playing Sorceror's Lair or something.
Old 11-10-11, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New Marvel V&V table trailer is out and the new table is:

Spoiler:
Moon Knight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29xh5uEHNB8

Glad to see them willing to go with at least one more obscure character in the bundle.
Old 11-10-11, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jcheckel
New Marvel V&V table trailer is out and the new table is:

Spoiler:
Moon Knight

Glad to see them willing to go with at least one more obscure character in the bundle.
Too bad we aren't getting Daredevil though. I'm a diehard DD fan and I always get annoyed how often he gets shafted in Video Games. But the new dude is an awesome character. V&V I hate to say it sounds more and more like an easy buy. (Hate because that means I will spend more money on pinball )
Old 11-10-11, 11:12 AM

That is a pretty obscure choice. I guess we still have one to go. Can't hazard a guess what that one might be. Will almost certainly get this bundle regardless for X-Men, but Moon Night didn't really impress me with that trailer.

Old 11-10-11, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So Moon Knight is totally not Batman, right Marvel?
Old 11-10-11, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
So Moon Knight is totally not Batman, right Marvel?
I will agree there are some similarities look wise (or theme wise I suppose), but they are two very different characters if you read some of their graphic novels.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.