DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Best headset/Bluetooth for PS3? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/565925-best-headset-bluetooth-ps3.html)

Damone 12-05-09 12:55 PM

Best headset/Bluetooth for PS3?

Just got a PS3 and wanted advice as to what the best Bluetooth or headset there is for online gaming?
I see Sony makes an official one for about $50-60 bucks, is this good? I don't mind the price, just wanted something quality that will last, and perhaps work with an iPhone

Decker 12-05-09 08:54 PM

Re: Best headset/Bluetooth for PS3?

It's by far the best. It has a power indicator on the PS3 display which is nice. Any bluetooth will work and since most folks don't even use one, but if you can choose, that official one is the best. You might find it as a good deal in a bundle with SOCOM or EndWar.

dsa_shea 12-05-09 09:12 PM

The Sony one has been the best for me. Just look around and get it with a game you might be interested in.

chess 12-05-09 09:34 PM

A USB headset (even a cheap one) is orders of magnitude better than any bluetooth headset.

I got a nice Logitech for $15, and couldn't be happier.

dsa_shea 12-05-09 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by chess (Post 9873542)
A USB headset (even a cheap one) is orders of magnitude better than any bluetooth headset.

I got a nice Logitech for $15, and couldn't be happier.

The Sony mic still beats the USB headsets I've used by a mile.

chess 12-06-09 06:27 AM

I'm thinking more of the folks on the receiving end.

Damone 12-06-09 11:04 AM

Cool. Thanks for the info. Has anyone tried to use this with an iPhone?

Jamezuva 12-06-09 02:08 PM

I have the official sony headset but even at max volume the sound just seems so low...is this normal?

dsa_shea 12-06-09 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jamezuva (Post 9874476)
I have the official sony headset but even at max volume the sound just seems so low...is this normal?

That is the problem I have with a USB headset. No matter how high I turn up the volume I could hardly hear the voices of the people I was playing with. However, they told me that it sounded like I was yelling at them. Make sure that you're turning the volume up as it is a bit confusing which way volume up is. Also, you could go into voice chat and test your sound levels and adjust them to how you like them.

edstein 12-06-09 05:54 PM

Bluetooth sounds good on the listening end but the receiving end is not good. They pick up a lot of background noise. I recommend the usb headset as well. Maybe one of the noise canceling bluetooth headsets like the Jawbone 2 or Plantronics Voyager Pro might work better.