Originally Posted by foxdvd
so that means he played it 28 hours?
Yep.
Old 01-03-10, 04:06 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Borderlands

I found my first purple gun, this game just keeps getting more awesome.
Old 01-03-10, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah it is days. Think I am close to 4 days now on my character.
Old 01-03-10, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mok
I found my first purple gun, this game just keeps getting more awesome.
Wait till you find the yellow, then orange and then dark orange ones. The loot hunting is the thing that really addicted me to this game.
Old 01-03-10, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by darkside
Wait till you find the yellow, then orange and then dark orange ones. The loot hunting is the thing that really addicted me to this game.
Agreed. I haven't been this addicted to looting since Diablo 2!!
Old 01-03-10, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am having a hard time killing the Giant Pyscho dude in Sledges safe house. Any tips?

And I just found this awesome shot gun that also fires rockets (in the item description it actually says Holy Crap! It fires rockets!)
Old 01-03-10, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
I am having a hard time killing the Giant Pyscho dude in Sledges safe house. Any tips?

And I just found this awesome shot gun that also fires rockets (in the item description it actually says Holy Crap! It fires rockets!)
Spoiler:

I actually didn't die once during that fight. I just sidestepped when he charged, then blasted him with some shotgun type thing that does 50x9. The midget dudes died with one shot. I did, however, have some trouble trying to get out of that place.
Old 01-03-10, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually think that is the gun that saved me on the final boss in the game. Good gun - hold onto it.
Old 01-03-10, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
Spoiler:

I actually didn't die once during that fight. I just sidestepped when he charged, then blasted him with some shotgun type thing that does 50x9. The midget dudes died with one shot. I did, however, have some trouble trying to get out of that place.
Where do you find a shotgun at the low level that does 50X9? Best thing I have is 32X10
Old 01-03-10, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!

Where do you find a shotgun at the low level that does 50X9? Best thing I have is 32X10
I don't remember exactly. My boys are playing right now, but in a bit I'll see what it's called. I must've been lucky on the weapons I found, because I've been breezing through everything so far, unless I run out of ammo. I found a couple weapons that cause fire damage when I was level 4 or so, and I think I had the sniper that does 117 since level 2, that was a HUGE help.

EDIT: The gun I used was the SG15-A Terrible Shotgun:

50x9
54.9% Accuracy
.7 Rate of Fire

Last edited by dvdsteve2000; 01-03-10 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-04-10, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Use any powerful "Fire" weapon. I used a Rocet Launcher right off the bat while he was at a distance and just keep moving. A good SMG along with a Shotgun for close encounters with him and those nasty midgets. If you have "Transfusion" grenades have them handy along with your Special Skills will drain them.

Note: on your characters special skills make sure you invest your skill points in Shield, Health then Damage. Especially Health off the bat to help you regain health when you need it.
Old 01-04-10, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
I don't remember exactly. My boys are playing right now, but in a bit I'll see what it's called. I must've been lucky on the weapons I found, because I've been breezing through everything so far, unless I run out of ammo. I found a couple weapons that cause fire damage when I was level 4 or so, and I think I had the sniper that does 117 since level 2, that was a HUGE help.

EDIT: The gun I used was the SG15-A Terrible Shotgun:

50x9
54.9% Accuracy
.7 Rate of Fire
It's kind of pointless to describe guns and the places you found them, as all of them except for a few specific boss weapons are random drops. Also one SG15-A Terrible Shotgun could have a level requirement of 5 and another have one of 50.
Old 01-04-10, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Use any powerful "Fire" weapon. I used a Rocet Launcher right off the bat while he was at a distance and just keep moving. A good SMG along with a Shotgun for close encounters with him and those nasty midgets. If you have "Transfusion" grenades have them handy along with your Special Skills will drain them.

Note: on your characters special skills make sure you invest your skill points in Shield, Health then Damage. Especially Health off the bat to help you regain health when you need it.
Agree. I found setting people on fire to be a heck of a strategy in this game. The only exception is when you start running into armored guys like in New Haven or strong skags. Then acid is your friend.
Old 01-04-10, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have found Acid and Explosive weapons work great... I love seeing the dudes MELT from Acid equipted guns....
Old 01-04-10, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

what's the easy class to play? i'm playing the one where you can turn invisible.
Is that a good class?

also, i find myself running out of ammo alot. (played about 2 hours).
is the entire game scarce on ammo?
do you have to spend your money on ammo alot?
Old 01-04-10, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ammo is plentiful, but there were a few times at the beginning where I needed to buy ammo. Now I just buy ammo when I'm lazy.
Old 01-04-10, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, once you start buying the ammo capacity upgrades, it won't be so much of a problem. Also, many of the classes have either abilities or class mods that can help with ammo regeneration or conservation.

The skill I love is the Siren ability to have a chance of not consuming ammo shortly after getting a kill. Not having to reload as often is a really nice feature.
Old 01-04-10, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

I just beat Mad Mel in a much easier way than the game wants you to:

instead of driving into the arena and attempting to take him on that way, I just stood on top of the entrance ramp and fired away with a rocket launcher. He went down fast.
Old 01-04-10, 12:28 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Osiris3657

instead of driving into the arena and attempting to take him on that way, I just stood on top of the entrance ramp and fired away with a rocket launcher. He went down fast.
during the second playthrough, after all the enemies get twice as hard that was the only way I could kill him...
Old 01-04-10, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by foxdvd
during the second playthrough, after all the enemies get twice as hard that was the only way I could kill him...
On the second playthrough vehicles just get destroyed way too damn easily. Mad Mel has been the only boss to cause me to die so far on the second playthrough (two deaths). Every other boss has been cake, except Skagzilla took like 10 minutes to kill.
Old 01-04-10, 01:30 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
On the second playthrough vehicles just get destroyed way too damn easily. Mad Mel has been the only boss to cause me to die so far on the second playthrough (two deaths). Every other boss has been cake, except Skagzilla took like 10 minutes to kill.
same here...Mad Mel was the hardest boss on the second playthrough for me.
Old 01-04-10, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Osiris3657

I ended up killing him in the exact same way. My wife was watching me as I was playing that part, and she told me i was cheating .... I said "He is still dead isnt he, so I did what i had to"... hahah
Old 01-04-10, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just beat the Hell-burbia Arena solo as a 45 Siren. It wasn't too bad, except for whenever Blazing Maniac's show up, since most of my weapons have fire damage and they are immune to fire. Closest I got to dying was once I dropped down to 26 health, the rest of the time it was pretty smooth sailing. Shit was intense as hell though. Took about an hour.
Old 01-04-10, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heh, you're not going to want to go much further alone. I had a post in here about my 3 hour, 45 minute adventure through tourney #4 with 2-4 other people at any given time before the DBs got rolled back.
Old 01-04-10, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm not planning on doing the long Arena's alone, just figured I'd give the short ones a shot.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.