Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Borderlands

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-09, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Borderlands

I've played thru the first round with my Hunter and now attempting to finsih with my Siren but I've noticed something a bit different this time around. I'm going back on some levels (maps) to get those side missions like x-amount kills using certain weapons, special ability kills, run over kills, etc....

What's strange that didn't happen with the Hunter is the weapon drops and even the vendening machines have the lowest power and damge I've seen. I'm at Level 35 when I started this and it's maps like East & West Commons to Trash Coast. The weapons being dopped or available are mainly in the 13-22 Level range but I've seen plenty of even lower like 4-9. I don't recall this with my Hunter even going back and replaying areas..

I've just started doing the "Zombieland" area and the drops are a bit better in terms of decent damage but still not what I saw with the Hunter. Running across a weapon above Level 30 is next to rare. So far out of at least 100 I've found two I've kept and they were bought in different maps. After Zombieland I head to Salt Flats and the final round and I still feel I don't have good enough weapons. I just thought this was a bit odd.
Old 12-19-09, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I know what you're saying. I've played with others that have weapons that do 2000 damage and sell for over 4 million apiece. I have never found any weapons anywhere close to that in damage or value.
Old 12-23-09, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Teamxbox has the lets say...Mad Moxxi's introduction. Nothing really specila like action but still a bit of typical Boarderline stuff.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-...-Riot-Trailer/

December 29th !!!
Old 12-25-09, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I received some points for x-mas. I wanna get the Zombieland expansion but not sure of one thing; Is it better to wait until i finish the campaign or should i just start it up while still playing through the campaign? I'm a lvl 25 siren and on New Haven.
Old 12-25-09, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Ditto that question. I've heard it's better to go to Zombie Island sometime before you finish your first playthrough or max out your char's level. My hunter in co-op is level 36, I think - will it be too easy? Does ZI scale pretty well?
What's the final consensus on its length - 2 hours? 4? more? to do all the story quests and side quests.

Also - can someone give me a tip on using a rocket launcher? I'll admit my skill level with it is low because I haven't been using it much, but in general they seem to be some of the worst weapons I've encountered in the game.
Old 12-25-09, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

i find that rocket launchers are better if you hit the ground right by where the enemy is standing instead of hitting them head on. maybe it's just my perception, but it seems easier to damage guys that way.
Old 12-25-09, 11:34 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
i find that rocket launchers are better if you hit the ground right by where the enemy is standing instead of hitting them head on. maybe it's just my perception, but it seems easier to damage guys that way.
I found the same thing...
Old 12-26-09, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dtcarson
Ditto that question. I've heard it's better to go to Zombie Island sometime before you finish your first playthrough or max out your char's level. My hunter in co-op is level 36, I think - will it be too easy? Does ZI scale pretty well?
What's the final consensus on its length - 2 hours? 4? more? to do all the story quests and side quests.

Also - can someone give me a tip on using a rocket launcher? I'll admit my skill level with it is low because I haven't been using it much, but in general they seem to be some of the worst weapons I've encountered in the game.

Hey dtcarson, should've hit me going thru "Zombieland" when you did with your Hunter. Yesterday I finished it with my Siren with her on Level 36. I went thru it on co-op with my Hunter and it's much better with two or more. Never experienced with three or more and would be interesting to do. Overall a great DLC to get and pretty fun. Except the last mission (lower and cross the bridge, a bit frantic).

As to mhg83 question just go ahead and get it but me personally I wouldn't try going thru unless you're above Level 35 and have (A) a solid Repeater pistol, (B) good Fire Damage weapons (with scope helps) and (C) a serious Shotgun for close encounters.

It's a good map to Level up, rake in loads of "Critical Hit Kills", "Incindiary Kills", "Human Kills", level up weapons like Pistol, SMG, Rifle and Sniper. In fact even though I finished it I wouldn't mind going back before heading off to Salt Flats and the final run. I need about 120 more Human Kills to reach 1000
Old 12-26-09, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I wouldn't mind picking up the DLC if someone will go through it with me. I think I'm around a level 34 on my Siren.

Unfortunately I'm still awaiting the return of my 360.
Old 12-26-09, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I wouldn't mind picking up the DLC if someone will go through it with me. I think I'm around a level 34 on my Siren.

Unfortunately I'm still awaiting the return of my 360.

Well you can count me in and if mgh83 gets it that makes three. I do have a "Beserker" that I haven't done much with and really doesn't have much despite a Level 32. Or just use my Siren again so I can get a few more "Human Kills". Be cool if we could get three to go or better four. Take a couple of hours and worht it.

I just know I want at least one character ready for "Moxxi's Playhouse"

Last edited by K&AJones; 12-26-09 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-28-09, 12:10 AM
gamer for life

Wow...all I got to say is wow...

My son got this game for Christmas, so I am finally going at it again in Coop. I played it the first two times single player, and now Coop. The single player was enough to call this game of the year. I am about 60 percent done with coop..and this game just keeps getting better. This thing would be unstoppable with 4 players...It just jumped up another notch or two on my favorite 360 games of all time list...right below Fallout 3....

I can safely say I have never been this surprised by a game ever. I did not see this one coming....most of the time I can sort of tell if I am going to like a game before I buy it..... Fallout 3...it just felt like it was going to rock and it did. Borderlands to me felt like a "wait until it is under 20" game....

This year two games came out and kicked my expectations in the nuts. Batman and Borderlands.
Old 12-28-09, 08:18 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i recently got the game and i have put around 10 hours into it so far and i am at level 18. i love this game, i have to tear my hands away from the controller in order to stop playing it. i have been doing everything on my own so far, but i will give co-op a try tonight.

How does co-op work? do you play with players around your same level? all of the progress you make in the co-op will translate to the SP too? thanks
Old 12-28-09, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll be up for the moxxi dlc as long as others here want to run through it...i'm at lvl 38 Hunter
Old 12-28-09, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by freakjae
i'll be up for the moxxi dlc as long as others here want to run through it...i'm at lvl 38 Hunter

Well put me in for a fact. I've got all four characters going...

Hunter - Level 41 on start of 2nd playthru
Siren - Level 38 on tail end of 1st playthru (just finished Zombieland)
Beserker - Level 32 middle of 1st playthru (no Zombieland yet)
Soldier - Level 24

I'm still curious how Mad Moxxi is going to work when it comes to players levels? Will it be based on the Hosts character like it is now or just set one way and just get stronger with each wave. It's got to be based on the hosts level. I could see this being played with four Beserkers. It be like WWF meets Boarderlands
Old 12-28-09, 09:25 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by wlj

How does co-op work? do you play with players around your same level? all of the progress you make in the co-op will translate to the SP too? thanks
You will want all the characters to be close in level. The person that host the game sets missions that are available so if the other characters are real low they will die easy, and if they are to high they will kill everything. Also, if you are close in levels, like 2 or so, I think all completed missions are saved on all players save file, so if they go back and play single player it is still on there.
Old 12-28-09, 09:26 AM
gamer for life

but..if the people joining the host game are a few levels back, they will gain levels quick, as long as they stay away from battle...
Old 12-28-09, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by foxdvd
but..if the people joining the host game are a few levels back, they will gain levels quick, as long as they stay away from battle...

From what I've read there are no XP experience points given but there are weapon drops under Moxxi after each round and two skill points. There is also a "Bank" for storage. There are three arenas with five rounds of five waves each. The trick is each wave will be themed, say "Gun Wave" everyone is armed, "Horde Wave" the bad guys are all flamed. Another one I heard of is something like "Kill to Live' where as you have to keep killing or see your health go down. From what Gearbox is saying they didn't want this to be simply a addon to get a quick XP fix. Even though one can play in single this has coop written all over it. Still didn't read anything on how to handle various coop player levels.
Old 12-28-09, 10:00 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by K&AJones
From what I've read there are no XP experience points given but there are weapon drops under Moxxi after each round and two skill points. There is also a "Bank" for storage. There are three arenas with five rounds of five waves each. The trick is each wave will be themed, say "Gun Wave" everyone is armed, "Horde Wave" the bad guys are all flamed. Another one I heard of is something like "Kill to Live' where as you have to keep killing or see your health go down. From what Gearbox is saying they didn't want this to be simply a addon to get a quick XP fix. Even though one can play in single this has coop written all over it. Still didn't read anything on how to handle various coop player levels.
I was talking about the main game...someone was asking how coop worked....
Old 12-28-09, 03:59 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

please feel free to add me. i am only level 18 right now, so i could use the help and i am a pretty good guy to play with.
Old 12-28-09, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by foxdvd
Oh...my fault...I thought you were talking about the new DLC coming. In that case you are correct. In fact me and a friend did something for the heck of it. I took a new character, Level 6, and he brought me into his game with his character at Level 45. I tend to like new Haven as a good all-around stop & continue place. I just stayed in town and didn't venture out while he went around and took out everyone. In a span of 1-1/2hrs I ended up on Level 22 with 1.2 Million in the Bank.

So yea it's possible but if the other player is too far back then they cannot help that much and more players = more enemies. The other plus, (for the lower Level player) is getting better weapons. Thanks to a few here I've been able to swap weapons between my other characters.
Old 12-28-09, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

In game footage of Mad Moxxi's Angelic Ruins Map(HD-114mb) over at Teamxbox

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-...elic-Ruins-HD/
Old 12-29-09, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Need some help, just defeated nine toes, and there is this mission about trying to catch a ride at some station, I go to the station, where the way point is at..but I am not sure what I am suppose to do next. Help?
Old 12-29-09, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a pole there with an intercom that you turn the mission in at.
Old 12-29-09, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
There's a pole there with an intercom that you turn the mission in at.
It's right outside your first "town".
Old 12-29-09, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Underdome DLC is up:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ga...07e7?cid=SLink

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.