Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wii Fit Plus

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-09, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wii Fit Plus

So, I got the Wii-Fit plus the other day, wondering if others are interested in this one as well.

For newcomers, the Wii Fit Plus software contains everything from the previous Wii Fit game, so there is really no reason to own both.

For current owners of Wii Fit, the new game is compatible with your old save, so your stats and characters are all saved into the new game for continuation.

As for people with the Wii Fit Channel, it should be deleted and replaced with the new Wii Fit Plus channel.

Some new modes include new games, new customizing of training, baby and pet characters (unplayable), easier to change characters after playing quick games, and some others to explore.

The games itself are pretty fun, I have already injured 1 knee playing one game.... so if it's been a while since you've done Wii Fit, be careful!
Old 10-08-09, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Wii Fit Plus

It seems good so far. My wife has been playing the game all along, but I hadn't played for about 8 months, and this has me playing again at least for a bit. I like some of the new games. I never understood why they didn't have some kind of calorie estimator, so very glad to see that since it adds some little short term goals. My wife always used it to weigh our cats anyway, so nice that they added that as a feature so we can track it on there, plus the little cat miis are sorta cute.
Old 10-09-09, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by manicsounds
For current owners of Wii Fit, the new game is compatible with your old save, so your stats and characters are all saved into the new game for continuation.
So this has all the original mini games & everything from the first as well?
Old 10-09-09, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes it does. All the old games are included
Old 10-10-09, 12:42 PM

Can you exercise one after another continuously without having to go through the menu and instructor's explanation?
I stopped using the original because it was very tedious and time waster to go from one exercise to another.
I would pick up this game only if I can exercise straight through without stopping.
Old 10-10-09, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by animefan
Can you exercise one after another continuously without having to go through the menu and instructor's explanation?
I stopped using the original because it was very tedious and time waster to go from one exercise to another.
I would pick up this game only if I can exercise straight through without stopping.
On the original Wii Fit, they only do the training explanation the very first time you do an exercise. After that you select it from the menu and get started immediately. I agree that it's slightly tedious to have to return to the menu between each exercise, but it takes all of about 10 seconds, which is really not bad. Being able to make a "playlist" of exercises would be a handy, but not essential feature.
Old 10-11-09, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by kefrank
Being able to make a "playlist" of exercises would be a handy, but not essential feature.
You can make a playlist on the new game.
Old 03-28-10, 12:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is the Wii Fit Plus with balance board unavailable everywhere? Is the thing still in such high demand or is Nintendo releasing a new updated version of it?
Old 03-29-10, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by dx23
Why is the Wii Fit Plus with balance board unavailable everywhere? Is the thing still in such high demand or is Nintendo releasing a new updated version of it?
I wondered this myself. I had to have somebody I know that works retail grab one for me when they received a shipment. There was no way that I could be at a store on whatever delivery day and time to see if they received any. It doesn't surprise me that Nintendo does this.
Old 03-29-10, 11:17 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

It was featured in Target's Sunday ad, and they had plenty of stock available when I was shopping there in the afternoon.