Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Demon's Souls (Original: PS3/Remake: PS5)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Demon's Souls (Original: PS3/Remake: PS5)

Old 10-07-09, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts
re: Demon's Souls (Original: PS3/Remake: PS5)

This game is really hard. The graphics are nice and the gameplay is good but the difficulty is up there. I don't mind replaying a section a few times but I'm not looking forward to repeating sections of the game multiple times. This is the one game you wish there was a codebreaker or game shark for the PS3.
Old 10-07-09, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Do you at least get Health potions? The only way I'll be buying this game is if Atlus releases a patch to give you an option for a lower difficulty.
Old 10-07-09, 10:59 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There are herbs that can restore health, magic, and remove status effects. It's not like the game is flat out impossible.
Old 10-08-09, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 872 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by SteelgearX
Can you save during a level if you have to leave or stop playing for some reason? Actually, can someone explain the save system?
The game autosaves after EVERYTHING you do. Which is good and bad. The NPC's (including people who sell weapons, upgrade weapons, and even the person that levels you up) can die if you hit them by mistake. Do that and you'll either have to deal with it or start the game over. There's no loading an old save. If/when you die, you'll restart the level with all the items and quantities you had when you died.
Old 10-09-09, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IGN Review up: 9.4
Old 10-09-09, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow. I love the game but I don't think I'd rate it quite that high. One thing I think it's lacking is variety in armor and weapons. There are some choices but they're pale in comparison to a game like Oblivion or Fallout.
Old 10-09-09, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Just picked this up. I'd compare the difficulty with that of Ninja Gaiden for the original X-Box. Its not necessarily cheap, it just punishes you for screwing around or getting lazy.
Old 10-09-09, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And this is another copy protected save (sigh) so you can't make a backup in case of a mistake or a system failure. Copy protected saves can kiss my ass.
Old 10-09-09, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
And this is another copy protected save (sigh) so you can't make a backup in case of a mistake or a system failure. Copy protected saves can kiss my ass.
I'm not sure I understand the purpose of a copy protected save file. Who does this benefit?
Old 10-09-09, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jdpatri
I'm not sure I understand the purpose of a copy protected save file. Who does this benefit?
No one really but it keeps people from uploading and sharing their saves for instant trophies.
Old 10-09-09, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jdpatri
It sure doesn't benefit us. And you lose that data if your system ever takes a shit on you like my first PS3 did.
Old 10-09-09, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by noonan4224
No one really but it keeps people from uploading and sharing their saves for instant trophies.
Trohies and save files are already attached to your PSN name so that isn't possible. If you load someone else's save file it will tell you that you cannot get trophies in that particular game while using that file.
Old 10-09-09, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, I didn't know that. Then I have no idea why they protect save files...
Old 10-09-09, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is there actually a difficulty setting for this game, or is it just set to "brutal" for everyone?
Old 10-09-09, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chew
Is there actually a difficulty setting for this game, or is it just set to "brutal" for everyone?
Just brutal. Rated M for Motherfucker!
Old 10-09-09, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by noonan4224
The game autosaves after EVERYTHING you do. Which is good and bad. The NPC's (including people who sell weapons, upgrade weapons, and even the person that levels you up) can die if you hit them by mistake. Do that and you'll either have to deal with it or start the game over. There's no loading an old save. If/when you die, you'll restart the level with all the items and quantities you had when you died.
So since this games allow other random people to join your game they could kill a seller or the guy that levels you up?
Old 10-10-09, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone ordered the deluxe edition from amazon, apparently there was a brief $9 price drop on the release date. Meaning, the pre-order price guarantee still covers it (through end of release day). This is all according to CAG. But I wrote in and was able to receive a $9 refund.
Old 10-10-09, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TLwizard
If anyone ordered the deluxe edition from amazon, apparently there was a brief $9 price drop on the release date. Meaning, the pre-order price guarantee still covers it (through end of release day). This is all according to CAG. But I wrote in and was able to receive a $9 refund.
as was i.
Old 10-12-09, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
So since this games allow other random people to join your game they could kill a seller or the guy that levels you up?
No, they can't join while your in the Nexus (place where you level up, buy magic, and items). There are random vendors in levels but other players can't hurt them. They can, however, try to trick you into hitting them by staying close to them hoping you'll swing and hit the vendor instead. So if someone invades your world, make sure you're in an area without any vendors or NPC's around.

Last edited by Noonan; 10-22-09 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-20-09, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This game kicks all kinds of ass.

Seeing those ghosts run around? The visuals and the gameplay? Hell the whole game design...

What a freaking blast!
Old 10-22-09, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

At level 85 and about 40 hours in, I'm almost done with my first play-through. What an amazing game. What makes it even more amazing is the fact that there's virtually no story. You're basically told at the beginning that you have to save the world and that's it. The game is completely driven by the addictive game play. I'm looking forward to starting a new game +.
Old 10-22-09, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill get this when I find it at the $15 mark.

I REALLY dont like that invading other peoples game idea. I dont want no life loser dicks coming on just to kill me and fuck up my game. Is there a way to turn it off?
Old 10-22-09, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is everyone else seeing the 'recommend my hint' stuff like all over?

Granted I like getting recommended and getting the health, but the spamming gets nothing from me.
Old 10-22-09, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Ravenous

I REALLY dont like that invading other peoples game idea. I dont want no life loser dicks coming on just to kill me and fuck up my game. Is there a way to turn it off?
I'm on a wired connection, so I plan to disconnect If i ever play this game. I'm guessing you can turn your wi fi off if you're wireless.
Old 10-23-09, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ravenous

Two ways. First, you spend about 80% of the game in "soul" form. When you're in soul form, no one can invade your game. Or, as mhg83 said, you can just disconnect from on-line. In the 40 hours I've played, I've been invaded less than 10 times. And each time it was fun. Getting killed by someone doesn't hurt you any more than the MANY times you'll get killed by normal enemies in levels. If you win, you get a bunch of souls (which you use to do pretty much everything). If anything, getting invaded is a benefit for that reason. I'm just now getting into the multiplayer aspect more and it's great. I've helped a few people finish levels.

Also, I don't think you'll ever see this game at $15. Like most Atlus games, it's in very short supply. I would imagine this will be a game that has used copies being expensive a year from now.

Last edited by Noonan; 10-23-09 at 07:53 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.