DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   My video game podcast needs the power of DVDTalk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/559350-my-video-game-podcast-needs-power-dvdtalk.html)

Tracer Bullet 08-05-09 11:05 AM

My video game podcast needs the power of DVDTalk

As some of you know, I am one of the co-hosts of a weekly video game podcast called Cartridge Blowers. It's basically like Listen Up except we don't know anything, are not professional, and talk about Michael Phelps' swimsuits instead of Call of Duty.

Now, I'm not asking you to listen to it. I would never ask you to do that. I would just love it if you guys would click on this link and rate us 5-stars on iTunes:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=313444032

I know someone else did this a while ago, but I figured it was long enough to have a second one. :D

orangecrush 08-05-09 11:37 AM

Re: My video game podcast needs the power of DVDTalk

I haven't listened to the most recent episodes. Are you still obsesed with Jake Gyllenhaal?
Spoiler:
If so, you can count on my 5 star review!

Tracer Bullet 08-05-09 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by orangecrush (Post 9622323)
I haven't listened to the most recent episodes. Are you still obsesed with Jake Gyllenhaal?
Spoiler:
If so, you can count on my 5 star review!

Actually, this week we discuss the new Olympic swimming rule that gets rids of full-body suits.

superfro 08-05-09 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet (Post 9622160)
I know someone else did this a while ago, but I figured it was long enough to have a second one. :D

I'll have you know sir, I'm far from "someone". I'm a complete nobody. :lol:

I'll check out the show! :cool:

UncleGramps 08-05-09 02:16 PM

Speaking as someone who works on a fledgling, mediocre video game podcast, I was wondering how you guys have worked on getting your name out there and building up a listener base. Any tips would be appreciated. :)

pinata242 08-05-09 02:22 PM

Alright, I'll subscribe to both your podcast and Gramps' due to his shameless feigned innocence.

I'll also rate.

UncleGramps 08-05-09 02:30 PM

Thanks pinata. :)

Haven't had a chance to check out Tracer's show yet (I'll subscribe in a bit), but Signed In is very good. I've been listening for a few episodes now and it's very entertaining. I like having a few podcasts that aren't made by developers or professional media. It's nice to get some opinions from people who are just dedicated fans of gaming.

Groucho 08-05-09 02:48 PM

I subscribed and gave it 5/5, but iTunes won't let me download it. "The file might be corrupted or a type that iTunes cannot play".

Mopower 08-05-09 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet (Post 9622570)
Actually, this week we discuss the new Olympic swimming rule that gets rids of full-body suits.

That's a great game.

Tracer Bullet 08-05-09 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 9623191)
I subscribed and gave it 5/5, but iTunes won't let me download it. "The file might be corrupted or a type that iTunes cannot play".

Really? That's odd. I test it every week and I can download it fine.

How about from here:

http://www.cartridgeblowers.libsyn.com/rss

Tracer Bullet 08-05-09 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by UncleGramps (Post 9623032)
Speaking as someone who works on a fledgling, mediocre video game podcast, I was wondering how you guys have worked on getting your name out there and building up a listener base. Any tips would be appreciated. :)

It's hard. Facebook and Twitter are the two most important ones. Berate all your friends to pimp it out. We also send our press releases every week to various gaming sites, journalists, etc.

Also, when I get to a wi-fi hot spot I'll download your show and check it out. :)

Tracer Bullet 08-05-09 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mopower (Post 9623209)
That's a great game.

But you'll still give us five stars, right? -pray-

UncleGramps 08-05-09 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet (Post 9623273)
It's hard. Facebook and Twitter are the two most important ones. Berate all your friends to pimp it out. We also send our press releases every week to various gaming sites, journalists, etc.

Also, when I get to a wi-fi hot spot I'll download your show and check it out. :)

Yeah, we have Facebook and Twitter accounts. Guess we just need to be more aggressive with our pimping on there.

Constructive feedback would definitely be appreciated. All of us are new to podcasting, so the show is a little rough around the edges, but we mainly just do it for fun. Still, we're always looking for ways to improve.

Groucho 08-05-09 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet (Post 9623263)
Really? That's odd. I test it every week and I can download it fine.

How about from here:

http://www.cartridgeblowers.libsyn.com/rss

Okay, that helped. I figured it out. Your host is blocked from my work. I'll try again at home.

Tracer Bullet 08-05-09 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by UncleGramps (Post 9623317)
Yeah, we have Facebook and Twitter accounts. Guess we just need to be more aggressive with our pimping on there.

Constructive feedback would definitely be appreciated. All of us are new to podcasting, so the show is a little rough around the edges, but we mainly just do it for fun. Still, we're always looking for ways to improve.

The other thing I would say from looking at your iTunes page is that it's important to maintain a consistent release schedule. That way people don't forget about the show and it builds you into the listeners' habits.

UncleGramps 08-05-09 03:25 PM

Yeah, we are terrible with that. :lol:

It's a labor of love, there are 4 of us, and we are all lazy. That's a bad combination as far as consistent scheduling is concerned. It's something we've discussed and hopefully we can improve on that over time.

chuckd21 08-05-09 03:46 PM

I can't take a show seriously that allows someone who doesn't worship the species known as the Borg to participate.

Supermallet 08-05-09 03:59 PM

I put in a review that addresses the Borg issue specifically.

Spoiler:
But still gave it 5 stars.

mhg83 11-01-14 07:59 PM

Didn't wanna start a new thread for this but I stumbled upon a cool Podcast interviewing a Nintendo Game Counselor from the Nintendo Hotline:

http://jeffrubinjeffrubinshow.com/ep...ame-counselor/

I never called them but I remember always seeing ads for them and of course they were featured in the movie The Wizard.

juanmgonzalez 11-04-14 08:47 AM

subscribed and gave 5 stars

chuckd21 11-04-14 11:15 AM

Aww, I remember Tracer Bullet.

The Bus 11-04-14 04:04 PM

Will you change your stance on the Borg species?