Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official 'Ratchet & Clank Future : A Crack In Time' Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-09, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official 'Ratchet & Clank Future : A Crack In Time' Thread

You know, Rich never came back to the thread to tell what he thought of it if he has it yet.
Old 11-30-09, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Originally Posted by mndtrp
I finally started playing this last week. It's very similar to previous games, with enough differences to not seem stale. The flying between planets in particular is much nicer.
Well, the Valkyrie space battle totally sucks, though. It took me a HELL of a long time to get past that part. In any case, I still love the game, but I'm really not a fan of 2D space battles -- it's so unnatural to have a spaceship (or airplane for that matter) battle and not be able to dodge shots by going higher or lower.
Old 11-30-09, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

I just killed this game over the weekend, getting everything; every Zoni, Bolt, RhinoV plans, etc.

And it's worth getting everything - suggest going through the battle arena to get the item locator that points out where the treasures are on the planets and map (along with the snazzy gun you get at the end), and the RhinoV is a blast, and the prize you get for getting all 40 Zonis is pretty worth it.

I can't remember the last time I 100%ed a game - it had to be back in the SNES days.

Oh, and my final time after getting everything (I took my time, but I never got held up on anything) was just under 13 hours.

Last edited by slop101; 11-30-09 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-30-09, 01:29 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cannot beat the last battle arena challenge where you have to survive 20 rounds.

I got to the last round once, and died. Talk about an almost throwing the controller through the tv moment. I have all the Zoni, but don't recall the prize. I think I have all the RhinoV parts, just haven't built the gun yet.
Old 11-30-09, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Amazon has this today for $50 plus you get $20 to spend on PSN.
Old 12-08-09, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So has everyone beaten this and moved on already? I just finished it last night, but I still have plenty of items to pickup that I missed.

This was my first R&C game, and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. It was a great mix of different gameplay styles (I didn't mind the 2D space shooter parts). I loved the style of the weapons vendor cartoons and the leveling up of weapons as they're used was pretty cool. The game overall was gorgeous, though I thought the character designs on a lot of the alien species left something to be desired. The story was a lot of fun, but the third weapons ring tricked me into thinking I still had a ways to go before the end of the game.

For those who've finished both, how does this one compare to Tools of Destruction? I assume since I enjoyed this one, I'll probably like the other as well.
Old 12-08-09, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I started playing when it first came out. Then i bought Borderlands. Big mistake.
Old 12-08-09, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

These weapons seem to upgrade quicker than previous games. I still don't like the weapons that make you tilt the controller.
Old 12-08-09, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

One of the hardest things to do in this game is getting the 10,000 points for the trophy in My Blaster Runs Hot .
Old 12-09-09, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I still need to beat this, just have been tied up with NSMBW.
Old 12-09-09, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by steebo777
I still need to beat this, just have been tied up with NSMBW.
Curious : Which game do you like better?
Old 01-03-10, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Just finished this one. The end bosses was pretty epic. I would actually rate this one lower than TOD. This just didn't feel as fun as the previous entries. I think the series is starting to get stale. But still a great gaming experience compared to other platformers. I thought this was better than NSMB Wii.
Old 01-03-10, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really hate the Clank levels.
Old 01-05-10, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Curious : Which game do you like better?
NSMBW by a long shot. Just my personal opinion.
Old 03-14-10, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I've been plowing my way through this game (LOVING it!) and since I'm new to the series this gen have a question. What's with the Teddy Bears? From googling I guess they are easter eggs, but can you not pick them up or unlock anything with them? I ask because I think I've found one that I haven't been able to turn up in searches or the R&C Wiki. Should I document my finding or not waste my time?

Originally Posted by Demontooth
I really hate the Clank levels.
Man, I would pay for an arcade game built solely around the Clank levels from CiT. Those were mind-bendingly awesome.
Old 03-14-10, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Man, I would pay for an arcade game built solely around the Clank levels from CiT. Those were mind-bendingly awesome.
Basically, that's what P.B.Winterbottom on the XBLA and Echoshift on the PSP are. Still, I like the Clank levels better, and to be fair, they did it first.
Old 03-14-10, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

So, Tools of Destruction was probably my second favorite PS3 exclusive. Crack in Time has easily surpassed ToD. I loathed the Clank levels in ToD, but love them this time around. Everything just seems to be a bit better this time out. It's been a while, so my memory may be fuzzy, but I would give ToD the edge on weapons.

Originally Posted by starseed1981
My final playtime was about 9.5 hours on the first run through.
Holy shit. I'm nearing 12 hours (Normal difficulty) and still have 3 full planets left to do. I've gotten 100% on everything up until this point though, including finishing all the Arena challenges.
Old 08-08-10, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I just sunk about 18 hours into this game on my first playthrough. Leveled everything up and collected everything there was to collect. I still haven't been able to get anywhere close to 10,000 point on My Blaster Runs Hot, eh well. I might spend some more time at the Insomniac museum. That seemed kinda cool. Anyway though, absolutely loved this game. Just fantastic!

I'd try and get the Platinum, but that would require two more play throughs, one on Hard, and one on Challenge. It was fun, but I don't have all the time in the world.

Anyway, if you're on the fence, pick this one up. I loved it!
Old 11-15-10, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've owned this since last Christmas but just now got around to playing it. I was feeling a bit burned out on the formula.

Other than the space battles, it's probably one of the most enjoyable R&C games I've played, which is to say that it's a f'ing awesome game. Highly recommended.
Old 01-30-11, 01:55 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Truthfully, did anyone get 10,000 on My Blaster Runs Hot? Aside from a hard and challenge run through, that is the only trophy that I haven't been able to get. Tough, tough stuff.

I know it's been a while since this post was updated, but like Chess I just got around to playing it. Beat it tonight and loved it more than I thought I would. I'm a sucker for time travel so the Clank time puzzle levels were my favorite part. This was my first R&C game and it felt as though it had it all. Just a creative, often times challenging, well made experience.
Old 01-30-11, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got it, took me a few days of trying then I got on a roll one time, ended up with about 17k I think.
Old 01-30-11, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just finished this game myself and have not been able to get the My Blaster Runs Hot trophy. Best I've gotten is 6000 points. I've been trying to figure out a strategy to do it, but I always seem to do poorer those times.
Old 01-31-11, 07:57 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Finished this yesterday. Got everything, including a 10,000+ My Blaster run. The only thing that irked me was that after finishing the game, I ran through the game again on a challenge run aiming for 100% trophies. I assumed at the time that 'Challenge' was more difficult than 'Hard' and that I would get trophy credit for both modes like I did when I got the trophies for easy and casual on a casual runthrough. I busted through the game in about 4 hours...beat it...got the challenge trophy, but the Hard trophy was no where to be found. I learned later that to get credit you have to do a Hard run through from the beginning and that Challenge isn't necessarily the hardest run through. Ugh.

With that said, and with only 91% trophies this was a great game.
Old 02-04-11, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by david12
Truthfully, did anyone get 10,000 on My Blaster Runs Hot? Aside from a hard and challenge run through, that is the only trophy that I haven't been able to get. Tough, tough stuff.

I know it's been a while since this post was updated, but like Chess I just got around to playing it. Beat it tonight and loved it more than I thought I would. I'm a sucker for time travel so the Clank time puzzle levels were my favorite part. This was my first R&C game and it felt as though it had it all. Just a creative, often times challenging, well made experience.
Just got this a few days ago. I haven't played any retail game (aside from MW2) of 2009 and 2010, so I'm starting to catch up.

I love the Pirate Radio.