Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Xbox Live Primetime Thread (1 vs. 100) - Schedules! Prizes! Trading?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Xbox Live Primetime Thread (1 vs. 100) - Schedules! Prizes! Trading?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-09, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Xbox Live Primetime Thread (1 vs. 100) - Schedules! Prizes! Trading?

Originally Posted by rabbit77
Write your senator!
Now you tell me! I already set the guy on fire!

That fixed nothing by the way.
Old 06-16-09, 02:49 AM

Re: Official Xbox Live Primetime Thread (1 vs. 100) - Schedules! Prizes! Trading?

Originally Posted by abrg923
Wish they'd go on record as to what it takes to get into the Mob.
I don't know the exact criteria; however, I played the extended play session last night, and during one of the breaks the announcer said that playing in the extended play games (and answering questions correctly) had some influence on who is chosen for the mob, or to be the one.

Also: if we get put in the same group again, we should party up.

I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Dr. Phil was not actually a doctor of psychology.
Old 06-16-09, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by No Use For A Name
I don't know the exact criteria; however, I played the extended play session last night, and during one of the breaks the announcer said that playing in the extended play games (and answering questions correctly) had some influence on who is chosen for the mob, or to be the one.
That doesn't seem to be true at all. I played every extended session last week with FSUNole and we did very well, (he even got into the top 10 for one game.) Yet when the live game came around, neither one of us got into the mob. In fact, one of our friends who hadn't played the game that much got into the mob. It pissed me off and made me think that it has more to do with accuracy than anything else. So if you play for one round and do very well and then wait until the live game, I think that you have a much better chance at getting into the mob.
Old 06-16-09, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Eric D.
That doesn't seem to be true at all. I played every extended session last week with FSUNole and we did very well, (he even got into the top 10 for one game.) Yet when the live game came around, neither one of us got into the mob. In fact, one of our friends who hadn't played the game that much got into the mob. It pissed me off and made me think that it has more to do with accuracy than anything else. So if you play for one round and do very well and then wait until the live game, I think that you have a much better chance at getting into the mob.
It's all a conspiracy against you West
Old 06-16-09, 07:47 AM

It is, kakihara1! You should have heard me, I was brianluvdvd pissed!!!
Old 06-16-09, 07:57 AM

[brianluvdvd]fuck Y'all, Y'all a bunch a assholes..........................pussy![/brianluvdvd]

something like that Eric D.?
Old 06-16-09, 08:03 AM

Exactly like that, kakihara1. However I can already predict brianluvdvd's response to reading this thread.

[brianluvdvd] God, what a bunch of douches. Did y'all take a bunch of asshole pills? Y'all can eat my ass, I'm going to go play Lips. Pussies.[/brianluvdvd]
Old 06-16-09, 08:08 AM

Exactly like that, kakihara1. However I can already predict brianluvdvd's response to reading this thread.

[brianluvdvd] God, what a bunch of douches. Did y'all take a bunch of asshole pills? Y'all can eat my ass, I'm going to go play Disney Sing It! in HI's basement. Pussies.[/brianluvdvd]
needed to be a little more realistic
Old 06-16-09, 08:17 AM

Spot on.
Old 06-16-09, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have a feeling the Beta contestants are people who are new to the Xbox. If you looked at the gamerscores for people who were The One, they were all really low...like I even saw one in the hundreds if I remember correctly. Also - with 40-70k people playing, getting picked is going to be really random anyway, so I'd much rather wait for a real game where I can win something.
Old 06-16-09, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
I have a feeling the Beta contestants are people who are new to the Xbox. If you looked at the gamerscores for people who were The One, they were all really low...like I even saw one in the hundreds if I remember correctly. Also - with 40-70k people playing, getting picked is going to be really random anyway, so I'd much rather wait for a real game where I can win something.
One guy had 80 the other night. Plus, both the live games I played had around 100,000 people playing for the duration, so it isn't that big of a surprise that it'd be a touch random.

Last edited by RichC2; 06-16-09 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-16-09, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

It is, kakihara1! You should have heard me, I was brianluvdvd pissed!!!
Originally Posted by kakihara1
[brianluvdvd]fuck Y'all, Y'all a bunch a assholes..........................pussy![/brianluvdvd]

something like that Eric D.?

[brianluvdvd] God, what a bunch of douches. Did y'all take a bunch of asshole pills? Y'all can eat my ass, I'm going to go play Lips. Pussies.[/brianluvdvd]
Originally Posted by kakihara1
needed to be a little more realistic
Spot on.
I think you guys have completely forgotten what forum you are currently posting on.
Old 06-16-09, 12:40 PM

I think they just got it just right, Brianluvdvd. Eric D was sounding just like you that night when someone who we we playing with got in the mob and hadn't spent the week doing extended play like we had been.

Last edited by 1998Nole; 06-16-09 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-16-09, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

Wah, wah. Ya'll need a titty to suck on with all that crying?

As far as the quotes go, it's how us celebs in the biz talk Nole! You aren't famous so I know it is hard for you to understand.
Old 06-16-09, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
I have a feeling the Beta contestants are people who are new to the Xbox. If you looked at the gamerscores for people who were The One, they were all really low...like I even saw one in the hundreds if I remember correctly.
There was even a guy they chose with a gamerscore of 0!
Old 06-16-09, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are there still horror stories of a barrage of friend requests for those chosen as the one?

If there weren't prizes involved (and it was open to Silver, I guess ), I could see creating a special 1v100 account.
Old 06-16-09, 03:44 PM

maybe people using those 48 hour or one month cards
Old 06-16-09, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

We may possibly have to pay to play this one.
http://kotaku.com/5292780/microsoft-...-simply-a-test
Hopefully they keep it free for people already paying for Live, but if not this kind of sucks especially since it is also advertisement supported.
Old 06-16-09, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Destructoid has had some speculation on that Season Pass thing too. No idea what it could possibly be since they have promised that 1v100 would be free for Gold Members.

If it's a Silver+1v100 thing, that's fine with me. If it's some sort of thing you pay for to not have to schedule reminders, that's fine too. But if they make me pay for the game, I don't know that I would.
Old 06-16-09, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would be fine with that to since my girlfriend only plays scene-it with me, but I would shell out for a silver+ kind of thing so she could play this with me.
Old 06-17-09, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by superfro
WTF is this shit!?

PLEASE NOTE: During the Beta Period, we may host 1 vs 100 Live Shows that offer skill-based prizing. 1 vs 100 Live Shows that offer skill-based prizing are accessible only to legal residents of the 50 US or DC (excluding Connecticut, Iowa, Maryland, and Vermont) and Canada (excluding Quebec). Therefore, if you trying to access a 1 vs 100 Live Show that offers skill-based prizing, and you are a resident of an excluded state or province, you should not access a 1 vs 100 Live Show
BOO!!
Great. Vermont is excluded in the prizes too. This sucks.
Old 06-18-09, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

So i spotted a repeat question tonight. The "Are you a pothead focker?" quote question has been used in a previous episode. I wonder how many other questions have been repeated?
Old 06-18-09, 03:19 AM

There were a bunch of repeated questions on Monday.
Old 06-18-09, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wonder though if they are only repeating questions on extended play . Otherwise if those were all new too that would be a lot of work. I was on that game last night but got booted not long after that question
Old 06-18-09, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Match
Great. Vermont is excluded in the prizes too. This sucks.
That just plain sucks .. Does that mean that potentially the live games will be the same (with Maryland excluded from winning prizes)?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.