Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NCAA Football 10.

Old 07-12-09, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: NCAA Football 10.

Was it ever said why this isn't coming out for the Wii?
Old 07-13-09, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just sold my copy. I only got this years version because of the EA sims deal...but I have been playing this game since the Provo days...and just isn't fun to me at all. Until they just absolutely go balls out on the presentation and feel of college football, I am out.
Old 07-13-09, 08:43 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Why does EA charge full price for the NCAA titles? No official rosters or NFL players association to deal with and the game runs with a year old Madden engine, I'm not sure how to wrap my mind around spending $60 versus picking up NCAA 09 at Blockbuster used for $7.50 instead.
Old 07-14-09, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So no one is doing rosters this year?
Old 07-14-09, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I buy this or Madden every year on a rotating basis. All signs point to me sticking with that trend and getting NCAA this season. But I've never done the roster thing. Is it as simple as paying for it and downloading over XBox Live?
Old 07-14-09, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Most times you don't even have to pay for it, although donations are appreciated. My copy is on the truck for delivery. Can't wait to give it a try tomorrow night.
Old 07-14-09, 05:25 PM
Cool New Member

I just picked it up and can't wait to get started tonight.
Old 07-14-09, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Quake1028
Most times you don't even have to pay for it, although donations are appreciated. My copy is on the truck for delivery. Can't wait to give it a try tomorrow night.
How does that work?

And does anyone know of leagues to get into? I also play as the CSU Rams, so it would be nice to get into a league that matters instead of playing random games against players who always want to be a top-5 powerhouse team.
Old 07-14-09, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got the game on Monday from EA....pretty fun. Not really too much of a jump from last year, but I enjoy it...for the $30 I paid anyways. Now, I will REALLY enjoy it when someone does the rosters, but I bet it could be a while before we see some good ones.
Old 07-14-09, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I spent some time with it today, friend of mine was nice enough to let me borrow his copy while he was at work. Even by EA shitty standards, this is a disgrace for an "updated" version of one of their games. It feels like April 2009 came around and someone said "hey, have we started on NCAA 2010 yet?". Yes, some of the gameplay has improved, but this is often offset by "I can't believe they STILL haven't fixed [fill in one of 25 problems from the last 2-3 years] yet". Don't understand why the running animations still look like a PSOne demo. And overall, it just doesn't even feel like college football anymore. Since I'm a moron who loves NCAA football, I know I will still pick this up used soon, but man what a ripoff. I guess they figured they could put a lot into it and make a lot of money, or they could do bare minimum and ... make a lot of money (shit, we won't even bother updating the rosters). Again, even by EA standards, this effort is shameful - they should have called it Lazy Ass Money Grab 2010: you have no alternative and you'll buy it anyway so we stopped caring.
Old 07-15-09, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

i planned to get my copy right away, but just been wrapped up.. wouldnt have had time to play it yet anyways, i guess..
probably be a couple more weeks before things slow down any :-/

but i know ill get it.. as big of a ncaa football fan as I am.. i have to have the latest one.. regardless of any perceived lack of improvements and such..
the reviews have seemed relatively good.. and I was cool with the demo.

as far as rosters go.. i havent done them in the past, but plan to this time.
with the 360, will you have to have a memory card? or can it be done through live somehow?
i have seen ads for gamerosters.com on my gmail on a regular basis for weeks now.. saying they would have the full rosters available to purchase soon after the release.. I assume as long as anyone has it available to sell, there will be many more that will go through the trouble to distribute freely.
Old 07-15-09, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If it's like last year, you'll just need the code of someone's "locker". Then enter that code, and you're good to go. By Friday of this week, you should be able to find a pretty decent set of rosters to play with.
Old 07-15-09, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not an avid gamer by any stretch of the imagination, so excuse this noob question, but ummm, what's a "locker" and how do I get there?
Old 07-15-09, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

Big college football nut here and part of the joy for me is to personally naming the entire roster of all 120 FBS teams! I'ved done it with the 07 and 08 Original Xbox versions. Took me about 2 weeks using the Phil Steele college annual and various websites such as rivals.
Old 07-16-09, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidlynchfan
Big college football nut here and part of the joy for me is to personally naming the entire roster of all 120 FBS teams! I'ved done it with the 07 and 08 Original Xbox versions. Took me about 2 weeks using the Phil Steele college annual and various websites such as rivals.
Old 07-16-09, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Daryl
I spent some time with it today, friend of mine was nice enough to let me borrow his copy while he was at work. Even by EA shitty standards, this is a disgrace for an "updated" version of one of their games. It feels like April 2009 came around and someone said "hey, have we started on NCAA 2010 yet?". Yes, some of the gameplay has improved, but this is often offset by "I can't believe they STILL haven't fixed [fill in one of 25 problems from the last 2-3 years] yet". Don't understand why the running animations still look like a PSOne demo. And overall, it just doesn't even feel like college football anymore. Since I'm a moron who loves NCAA football, I know I will still pick this up used soon, but man what a ripoff. I guess they figured they could put a lot into it and make a lot of money, or they could do bare minimum and ... make a lot of money (shit, we won't even bother updating the rosters). Again, even by EA standards, this effort is shameful - they should have called it Lazy Ass Money Grab 2010: you have no alternative and you'll buy it anyway so we stopped caring.
But... there's a band on the field now...
Old 07-16-09, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bishop2knight
I'm not an avid gamer by any stretch of the imagination, so excuse this noob question, but ummm, what's a "locker" and how do I get there?
If it's like last year, it's under 'Online', then 'Locker'.

You'll either need someone's gamertag (if you're on XBL), or the name for the rosters that you want to download.

Once a decent set of rosters comes out (probably by early next week), it should be easy to find a roster file that has all the names, class corrections, and even stat tweaks for all of the teams.
Old 07-16-09, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chuckd21
But... there's a band on the field now...
I actually thought that was halfway cool the first time I saw it until they finished marching and I noticed they had spelled out 'NCAA 10'. Great, an in-game ad for a game I'm playing. Then, while I was playing as Michigan, they started out by spelling 'Go', so I thought "kind of cool, they are forming 'Go Blue'" - instead, they just formed 'Go Go Go' - WTF?
Old 07-16-09, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDude
If it's like last year, it's under 'Online', then 'Locker'.

You'll either need someone's gamertag (if you're on XBL), or the name for the rosters that you want to download.

Once a decent set of rosters comes out (probably by early next week), it should be easy to find a roster file that has all the names, class corrections, and even stat tweaks for all of the teams.
and when new 'updates' come out.. will it screw up the imported rosters?
Old 07-16-09, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

Originally Posted by Daryl
I actually thought that was halfway cool the first time I saw it until they finished marching and I noticed they had spelled out 'NCAA 10'. Great, an in-game ad for a game I'm playing. Then, while I was playing as Michigan, they started out by spelling 'Go', so I thought "kind of cool, they are forming 'Go Blue'" - instead, they just formed 'Go Go Go' - WTF?

I have no idea why EA likes to pimp themselves so much in their own games. How many times do I have to hear announcers in various EA sports games say "presented by EA sports?" At least I don't have to worry about that for basketball games...
Old 07-17-09, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
Was it ever said why this isn't coming out for the Wii?
Have you ever played 09 for the Wii? If so then you know why. My brother and I still make fun of that joke of a football game.

Lets get to the most important aspect of '10, ... how is the Erin Andrews content?
Old 07-18-09, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Lets get to the most important aspect of '10, ... how is the Erin Andrews content?
It's safe to say that it pales in comparison to the video of her that is floating around
Old 07-20-09, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Rosters are available...Lanteri87 is the GamerTag for 360

I played a little Road To Glory...it was fun at first, but then got boring. Tried as a HB and Scrambling QB. I have since moved onto Dynasty since the rosters are now available. Game is fun...not great, but fun.
Old 07-20-09, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Game was alright, Season Showdown is a decent addition that adds a new level of playabiltiy if not a little tedious. Otherwise the full 1000 does not take too long to get, about 10 hours or so
Old 07-20-09, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Rosters are available...Lanteri87 is the GamerTag for 360

I played a little Road To Glory...it was fun at first, but then got boring. Tried as a HB and Scrambling QB. I have since moved onto Dynasty since the rosters are now available. Game is fun...not great, but fun.
I just re-started my dynasty now that the rosters are available. I was doing road to glory before that and you're right. It got old real fast. I made it through 1 season of that and it just got too tedious having to pick between going to the library, hitting the gym etc and if you sim through all that stuff your GPA goes down a lot.

I'm just glad I got this through Gamefly because with Madden coming out in like 2 weeks I will be sending this one back real soon.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.