Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Fallout New Vegas Announced

Old 12-23-11, 11:01 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Fallout New Vegas Announced

There is some perk you can get that shows you all of the locations on the map, I can't remember what it is. I didn't have the urge to randomly explore as much in this game just because the landscape is just mountains and desert for the most part. I play at night and I actually had a tough time staying awake while exploring unknown areas. There are lots of side quests that is for sure, I did probably half of them. I just don't have the patience to do them all, I get so involved with the main story line. My first character with the Yes Man ending was 30 hours and my second character with the Legion ending was 25 hours. There are lots of dull "go get this item and bring it back quests" which I get sick of doing, but some are very interesting. The main quest is very good.
Old 12-23-11, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wowzers. I think my first playthrough was at least 80 hours before I had even visited the strip.
Old 12-26-11, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was up to 120 hours, Dead Money included. One playthrough.

Anyways, I hadn't played in a long long time and last night decided to start Honest Hearts, I haven't read the reviews here, or anywhere, but I basically killed everything that moved. I just saw failed after failed message. Somehow I missed something at the beginning. Or maybe it was because I hadn't played in a long time. Anyway, it seems right now, after I killed almost everyone, it's time to return and finish. I hope that includes another achievement. I may try to replay this DLC later, from an older save, if I see that it has good reviews.
Old 02-07-12, 11:10 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Ultimate Edition is out today, which includes all the DLC.
I held off on all the DLC specifically so I could eventually pick this one up.
Weird that it's not a "GOTY" edition...
Old 02-07-12, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by SomethingMore View Post
Ultimate Edition is out today, which includes all the DLC.
I held off on all the DLC specifically so I could eventually pick this one up.
Weird that it's not a "GOTY" edition...
Well, I think it has to actually win a GOTY from one of the major publications to actually brand it "GOTY edition". But it is the same thing. I will be getting this at some point as well, I'll probably wait for it to hit $30-$35 like I did with the "first" GOTY package.
Old 05-19-12, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If anyone has the disk of the 4 expansions for the XBOX version that I could borrow and mail back, I'd gladly send you a few bucks for mailing and your troubles.

I really don't feel like rebuying the game just for the expansions, and I'm not online to download them.
Old 05-22-12, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nobody has the XBOX Ultimate Edition? I just want to borrow disk 2 and install it on my HD. I don't want to play the game anymore until I can again level up, so as not to waste points, and I don't want to buy the game again.
Old 05-22-12, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Snowmaker View Post
If anyone has the disk of the 4 expansions for the XBOX version that I could borrow and mail back, I'd gladly send you a few bucks for mailing and your troubles.

I really don't feel like rebuying the game just for the expansions, and I'm not online to download them.
You're basically soliciting a form of piracy.
Old 05-23-12, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
So that's a no?

I own the game. People sell used games on here, I'm just asking to rent the second disk. I didn't see the harm in that.

Unless someone wants to sell me just their disk 2....
Old 05-24-12, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
Not really. While, I don't own the game (still waiting for about $25-$30 on the complete edition) and probably would be against doing that on the simple principle that I do not loan games except to very close friends, it's just loaning to somebody. Might be the wrong area for it message board wise (would think this fall more under trade), but his concept is relatively simple. I mean with Fallout 3, they did separate expansions on disc that could be bought. They didn't do that with Vegas, so I imagine he's not the first person that reached out and try to borrow one of the discs.
Old 05-24-12, 09:22 AM
wlj

Snowmaker, i really didn't have an issue with your post until your second one whining because no one had offered you their disc. Then proceeded to be a smart ass to Boba Fett.

Anyway, i would suggest posting a request on the trade forum or buying the extra content yourself like everyone else.
Old 05-24-12, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'd suggest looking for the complete edition at a local rental shop, if any of those still exist in your area.
Old 05-24-12, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wlj View Post
Snowmaker, i really didn't have an issue with your post until your second one whining because no one had offered you their disc. Then proceeded to be a smart ass to Boba Fett.

Anyway, i would suggest posting a request on the trade forum or buying the extra content yourself like everyone else.
I wasn't being a smart ass. Just joking around. I don't remember this place being so uptight. And I wasn't whining, just bringing it back to the top. It got attention that time, didn't it? Sorry if I pissed off or offended anyone though. That wasn't my intent.

Someone on this very board offered me their 2nd disk to borrow for Fallout 3 when that GOTY edition came out, so I figured I'd just ask this time.

I'd gladly pay for the second disk, if I can find someone willing it sell it separately. You'd think there would be some on ebay, but there isn't.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 05-24-12 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-25-12, 08:11 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by Snowmaker View Post
I wasn't being a smart ass. Just joking around. I don't remember this place being so uptight. And I wasn't whining, just bringing it back to the top. It got attention that time, didn't it? Sorry if I pissed off or offended anyone though. That wasn't my intent.

Someone on this very board offered me their 2nd disk to borrow for Fallout 3 when that GOTY edition came out, so I figured I'd just ask this time.

I'd gladly pay for the second disk, if I can find someone willing it sell it separately. You'd think there would be some on ebay, but there isn't.

no worries. hopefully you can get it
Old 05-25-12, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wlj View Post
no worries. hopefully you can get it
I stopped at Family Video today. All they had for rent was the original version.
Old 10-06-15, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Can someone point me in the direction of a complete walkthrough for this game? None of the ones I've been able to find a near complete.
Old 10-07-15, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You don't need a walkthrough for this type of game. Let the first run through be a surprise to you.
Old 10-07-15, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend a walkthrough, that actually ruined the game for me.

I was just starting out, not sure what to do, so I read through the first couple pages of a walkthrough.

Apparently, I missed some vital clue by not noticing some cigarette butts on the ground or something. Thought to myself, damn, if I don't constantly check the walkthrough I'm going to miss all sorts of stuff .... and then just quit the game, because that was too much work.
Old 10-07-15, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The game is your walkthrough.

Old 10-07-15, 05:12 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

If you're having trouble with knowing what to do for the main quests, just pull up your PIP Boy and look at the quests and map to see where to go next. It's always labeled.

If you're talking about all the side quest stuff, well... just explore. That's the point.
Old 08-27-17, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So I've been wanting to get Fallout 4 for a while and finally found a good Steam sale, $60 for Fallout 4 and Season Pass, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout New Tactics, and Fallout 1, 2, and 3. Figured I'd get my money's worth out of that.

Started with New Vegas because I live in Vegas and I thought it'd be cool to play a video game based in my city. Enjoying the heck out of it so far. G-d mode of course I've actually finished 2 missions, I think these are the first two missions I ever finish in a PC game pat pat pat. I'm about to head out to Primm. At the beginning I was too trigger happy and killed some buffalo and townspeople and went back and revived them. This game will let you kill anybody!

A bit over two hours in. Have a PC that is widescreen and can handle it without issues on Ultra and 19XX/#### resolution. I briefly played Fallout 4 (I barely got past the movie sequence in the beginning) and I know I'll enjoy that one also.

Since I had G-d mode I figured I'd go out in front of the gunfight and go trigger happy against the gunpowder gang but then I became vilified for being too violent But 5 seconds later I killed them all and they liked me again Fickle people!
Old 08-27-17, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

G-d mode?
Old 08-27-17, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Unlimited health, ammo, carrying space, heal anything, get any gun, etc.
Old 08-29-17, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

God mode she means.
Old 08-30-17, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Takes all the fun out of the game IMO. At least save god mode until you've played through in a normal fashion.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.