Old 11-02-10, 04:47 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Fallout New Vegas Announced

Originally Posted by Raul3 View Post
SomethingMore:

Something similar happened to me.

Spoiler:

In my second night waiting I just went inside around 2 am, and found the person sending the information to outsiders. I never saw him go in. And I was also "hidden" by one of the planes.
Thanks. I'll give it another shot tonight. I'm thinking it could also be that I have a companion with me. Maybe I'll try to get her to wait somewhere else.
Old 11-02-10, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What's the awesome weapon?
Pulse Gun
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Pulse_Gun

There's still a ton of other stuff in there (sniper rifle, assault and marksman carbines, lots of missiles, some decent armor) so it's worth going there even if you don't have the 100 lockpick skill yet.

On a side note, I've had two more crashes in the past two days (a total of 4 now since I got the game). The other day I was playing and it just quit directly to the PS3 menu with no warning and today it froze up on me. Just when I thought maybe the patch had fixed the crashes.
Old 11-02-10, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant11 View Post
Argh got all the the into the Armory in Vault 34 only to find the weapon box with the really awesome weapon was locked and I needed a skill of 100 to attempt to pick it (I think my lockpick is like 83 right now at Level 22). I guess I can always come back later once I've upped my skill a few more points and found a lockpick magazine.
You can still pick up the All-American which is a real nice assault rifle that I've been using since I got it.
Old 11-03-10, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

can't believe how much harder they made this game from the previous fallout.
i'm level 2 or 3 and got attacked by 4 ghouls at the same time.
Old 11-03-10, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just hit level 9 and was rolling around in the hills NE of Nipton and ran across my first Super Mutants. They killed me off WAY quicker than I was expecting. I am really starting to enjoy this game, although it still is no Fallout3 for me.

Also, I have read a bit on New Vegas but like F3, I don't want to spoil anything. I understand some quests will be locked out once I choose a path at a certain point. Can anyone point me to where I should save before I hit that point? I do save quite a bit, but I just want to make sure. Thanks guys!
Old 11-03-10, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SomethingMore View Post
Has anyone done any quests inside Camp McCarren?

Spoiler:
They've asked me to look into a situation where someone has been breaking into the control tower. So, I headed over there, checked the computer terminal outside, and it showed me a bunch of Enter/Exit times. It looks like someone was entering around 1am every day. So I go inside. There's a Ham Radio and another Radio mounted to the wall. Activating the Ham Radio turns it on, but the Wall Radio does nothing. I went back to report my findings (not officially in the quest, but I was stumped) and the guy told me to follow the culprit into the tower and find out who they are. Well, I waited outside the tower for HOURS. Between 9pm and about 2am in the game. No one ever showed up.

What am I doing wrong??
Spoiler:
If you actually talked to the traitor about this, he might not show..it might be a bug
Old 11-03-10, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by steebo777 View Post
I just hit level 9 and was rolling around in the hills NE of Nipton and ran across my first Super Mutants. They killed me off WAY quicker than I was expecting. I am really starting to enjoy this game, although it still is no Fallout3 for me.

Also, I have read a bit on New Vegas but like F3, I don't want to spoil anything. I understand some quests will be locked out once I choose a path at a certain point. Can anyone point me to where I should save before I hit that point? I do save quite a bit, but I just want to make sure. Thanks guys!
There is a quest where you 'interact' with Benny. I would say that is a good time to stop (before the interaction with Benny)
Old 11-03-10, 12:24 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by steebo777 View Post

It'll be very obvious. You're flat-out told when you reach the point of no return and you can choose to wait (ie: Save), or go ahead.

edit: actually, superdeluxe is right. That's probably the main point when your decisions start to really change the flow of the game.
Old 11-03-10, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cool, thanks!
Old 11-03-10, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by SomethingMore View Post
Thanks. I'll give it another shot tonight. I'm thinking it could also be that I have a companion with me. Maybe I'll try to get her to wait somewhere else.
Spoiler:
I had the same problem. Try entering the tower after 1am. Hide until then, and then enter. You should hear the guy talking as soon as you enter. Just stay at the bottom of the stairs and listen.
Old 11-03-10, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW, I also had two companions with me the whole time.
Old 11-03-10, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
There is a quest where you 'interact' with Benny. I would say that is a good time to stop (before the interaction with Benny)

Spoiler:
I met him, and killed him. Am I forced to move on or can I go and do other stuff? I met Yes Man, too, and he gave me a bunch of quests.

I think I only completed two or three of the main storyline quests, and the same amount of major side quests (the ones with the achievements).
Old 11-03-10, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW, I also had two companions with me the whole time.
me too,
Old 11-03-10, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
Spoiler:
I met him, and killed him. Am I forced to move on or can I go and do other stuff? I met Yes Man, too, and he gave me a bunch of quests.

I think I only completed two or three of the main storyline quests, and the same amount of major side quests (the ones with the achievements).

You can do other stuff.
Old 11-03-10, 04:21 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
Following Yes Man's quests (or Mr. House's quests, for that matter) will lead you down the path of the main quest. Other than that, you're free to continue doing what you please.
Old 11-03-10, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt View Post
You can still pick up the All-American which is a real nice assault rifle that I've been using since I got it.
I had Raul with me when I went in and according to the Fallout wiki it doesn't appear if they are with you. My lockpick skill is up to 90 now so I'm gonna grab a Locksmith magazine and go grab the Pulse gun so I'll check Raul's inventory first and to make sure he doesn't have it already and then I'll get rid of him and look again.
Old 11-03-10, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, I've finished all 4 endings now. Good stuff, although the final act is a bit underwhelming compared to Fallout 3. I also kind of wish there was a path that let you be a truly good character and not wipe anyone else out (except the Legion, I guess, although I was surprised at how much I liked Caesar himself). I suppose the Yes Man path comes the closest, depending on how you play it. I'd like to be able to convince everyone to get along for my "canon" playthrough -- oh well.

I enjoyed all of the wrap-ups at the end based on your actions throughout the game.

Also, didn't realize that James Marsden was the voice of Boone until I saw the credits, along with some other recognizable names like Zoe Bell and William Mapother playing minor characters. They really lined up a great voice talent roster for this game.

Now for a quick-as-possible runthrough on Hardcore!
Old 11-04-10, 01:25 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
Spoiler:
I'm not sure then; although the perp didn't show up in my game until after 3 a.m. And I ended up having to install a fan-made mod to get past the mission because although I followed the person in and waited at the bottom of the stairs, they never started using the radio, preventing the mission from continuing. This problem was apparently caused merely by having a conversation with the traitor earlier.
Finally got passed it. Hid further away.

Spoiler:
The guy didn't talk on the radio, though. He just stood there. When I got far enough up the stairs, he said "You're getting too close Seamus." and then attacked me. So, I shot him in the head, and told Colonel Hsu about it. The monorail blew up. Hsu was sad. End of quest.

Also just finished messing around in Vault 22. That was fun.
Old 11-04-10, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

OK. Trying to go back to the main story/mission. I have "The House Always Win" I and II open/available for me, I'm trying to do those, that's going to the Fort. The problem is that the Legion already hates me. I'm Vilified by them. So they see me and they attack me. I'm suppose to meet Caesar but there's no way I can get closer to him without being attacked. Even if I'm alone!! So I thought, what the heck I'm going in with my two companions, even Boone, and yeah I knew I had to kill everyone that way, and when I killed Caesar it said that I failed a mission, "Et Tu Brutus" or something like that.

I wasn't able to kill Benny, so I have to find him too.

What's the right approach to continue the main story?

I just forgot about it, loaded an early save, and I'm killing Deatchclaws around Sloan now.
Old 11-04-10, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Have you done any other main story quests far enough to get the Legion to hate you (as in, did you get/complete the "Grab the Bull By the Horns" quest)?

I'm not sure if you actually need the Legion to like you again, you just need to get
Spoiler:
the Platinum Chip, although I think Caesar does give you that. Maybe it'll be on him if you kill him?
Old 11-05-10, 02:05 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

OK. Trying to go back to the main story/mission. I have "The House Always Win" I and II open/available for me, I'm trying to do those, that's going to the Fort. The problem is that the Legion already hates me. I'm Vilified by them. So they see me and they attack me. I'm suppose to meet Caesar but there's no way I can get closer to him without being attacked. Even if I'm alone!! So I thought, what the heck I'm going in with my two companions, even Boone, and yeah I knew I had to kill everyone that way, and when I killed Caesar it said that I failed a mission, "Et Tu Brutus" or something like that.

I wasn't able to kill Benny, so I have to find him too.

What's the right approach to continue the main story?

I just forgot about it, loaded an early save, and I'm killing Deatchclaws around Sloan now.
Spoiler:
If you obtain the Platinum Chip from Benny (either by killing him or other means), all of your Legion atrocities would be forgiven by Caesar. In fact, he requests an audience with you right after you get the chip. You would obviously have to leave Boone behind to go talk with him, but you would no longer be Vilified by the Legion.
Old 11-05-10, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think you can still do "The House Always Win" I even if you just go kill all of the legion at their base, cause that's what I did and it didn't cause me to fail the mission. I haven't gotten part 2 yet I don't think.
Old 11-06-10, 12:40 AM
gamer for life

Well I just found a major glitch that resulted in almost 20 hours of lost game...I just finished my Hardcore run, and I am sure I never adjusted it once...and yet after the credits, no achievement....FUCK...I usually don't like to take the time to grind out achievements, I usually just go for the ones that are easy to get, but I took the time to play for the 4th time, passing the 100 hour mark total play...with 20 hours on hardcore that resulted in nothing....

Alan, if you have not started yet, the only thing I can think of is I have 100 save files...I had to save over older files, and maybe that messed it up...if you have not started yet, take the time to clean up your save files before starting your hardcore run...
Old 11-06-10, 12:43 AM
gamer for life

Oh, and the hardcore run was anything but.....very easy...more annoying than hard...

The Perk that makes your limbs tough is a must have by the way..
Old 11-06-10, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by foxdvd View Post
Oh, and the hardcore run was anything but.....very easy...more annoying than hard...

The Perk that makes your limbs tough is a must have by the way..
Yeah, I've already started it and I'm more than halfway through it. They should have called it "minor inconvenience mode" rather than hardcore.

I've been watching the forums at Bethesda and a lot of people have had the problem you did, with the achievement not unlocking. The consensus seems to be that even changing the difficulty level while on hardcore, even though they're not related, will mess up the achievement. Did you do that?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.