Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Fallout New Vegas Announced

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-10, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fallout New Vegas Announced

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
The achievement for healing 10,000 HP with food is going to be a bitch to get.
There's a quick and dirty way to do it if you don't want to be bothered, and have some spare caps (or even if you don't, just create a separate save file and do the following to get the achievement, then reload the previous save):
Spoiler:
Go to the Ultra-Luxe, then into the Gourmand. Buy all the food from the food guy there, particularly the Wasteland Omelets as they restore a ton of HP. Exit the Gourmand and go across the hall to the bath house. Jump in the pool, dive under, run out of oxygen, run your HP down as far as you can without dying. Go into your inventory, eat every food item you have all at once (the trick is that all the potential health points from all food items will count towards your total, up to the amount you need to restore your HP fully, until you exit the Pip-Boy and the health actually starts restoring). Go back into the Gourmand, wait as long as necessary for the food seller's inventory to replenish (took about 48-72 hours for me each time), repeat.

I made it to around 5,000 HP restored from food doing it the "normal" way, looting every refrigerator I came across and eating food as often as possible, after about 70 hours of gameplay. Then I said to hell with it and used this method to get the rest.
Old 10-29-10, 08:39 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy

I had to nuke them.
underground? LOL...and you did not think that part was at least a little bit cool?
Old 10-29-10, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
underground? LOL...and you did not think that part was at least a little bit cool?
Yeah, it was.

But after a nuke, and a few grenades they were still coming. I had to break out a mini-gun.
Old 10-29-10, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
There's a quick and dirty way to do it if you don't want to be bothered, and have some spare caps (or even if you don't, just create a separate save file and do the following to get the achievement, then reload the previous save):
Spoiler:
Go to the Ultra-Luxe, then into the Gourmand. Buy all the food from the food guy there, particularly the Wasteland Omelets as they restore a ton of HP. Exit the Gourmand and go across the hall to the bath house. Jump in the pool, dive under, run out of oxygen, run your HP down as far as you can without dying. Go into your inventory, eat every food item you have all at once (the trick is that all the potential health points from all food items will count towards your total, up to the amount you need to restore your HP fully, until you exit the Pip-Boy and the health actually starts restoring). Go back into the Gourmand, wait as long as necessary for the food seller's inventory to replenish (took about 48-72 hours for me each time), repeat.

I made it to around 5,000 HP restored from food doing it the "normal" way, looting every refrigerator I came across and eating food as often as possible, after about 70 hours of gameplay. Then I said to hell with it and used this method to get the rest.
Thanks for the help! Has anyone Platinumed or 100% this game yet.
Old 10-29-10, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the ones that are Level 30, how "easy" the game becomes after that(compared to previous levels)?
Old 10-29-10, 06:56 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by Raul3
For the ones that are Level 30, how "easy" the game becomes after that(compared to previous levels)?
on hard (not hardcore, but hard) the game kicked my ass over and over between levels 1-25 or so...unlike Fallout 3, it seemed to get easier once I got up to those high levels....100 in gun, with a luck of 10....and using a sniper....one shot kills on almost anything...Critical hit every time.
Old 10-30-10, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just completed Vault 11. Lots of fun especially the ending. Though I didn't find it as hard, I just used pulse grenades.
Old 10-30-10, 03:14 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I just completed Vault 11. Lots of fun especially the ending. Though I didn't find it as hard, I just used pulse grenades.

pulse grenades would have been a godsend....but I think I would have liked to seen a nuke go off in that small room...lol
Old 10-30-10, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by foxdvd
pulse grenades would have been a godsend....but I think I would have liked to seen a nuke go off in that small room...lol
Yeah, so would I. I haven't seen a mini nuke in the game yet. Has anyone been to Vault 34? It's like a zombie movie.
Old 10-30-10, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I found a mini nuke at one of the Brotherhood locations.
Old 10-30-10, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I will have to check for that.

The NCR doesn't like me after destroying them at HELIOS ONE. They attacked me randomly and one of them was wearing the outfit from the cover of the game. Now I'm sporting the armor.
Old 10-31-10, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Yeah, so would I. I haven't seen a mini nuke in the game yet. Has anyone been to Vault 34? It's like a zombie movie.
Thanks for the tip I'll have to check that out. I finally was able to get the Power Armor Training so now finally I have good weapons and armor so a nice zombie hunting adventure would be perfect!
Old 11-01-10, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm starting to get overwhelmed. Level 20, around 30 hours of play time.

But I can't stop playing. If I could, I would spend all day playing this game.
Old 11-01-10, 05:49 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

I'm really liking the side quests, and I'm now at a point where I have a whole bunch of them waiting to be completed. The tough part is deciding what to do first!

Hopefully I get to play some more tonight.
Old 11-01-10, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just reached level 30, 92 hours of gameplay. Now I'm less motivated...I always hate hitting a level cap.

I still haven't done any of the main quest past Ring-a-Ding-Ding, so all paths to the end remain open to me.
Old 11-02-10, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Moviepage, do you also felt that the game became easier after level 25 or so?
Old 11-02-10, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Raul3
Moviepage, do you also felt that the game became easier after level 25 or so?
It definitely did, although some enemies are still ridiculously tough. Finally made it to the Quarry Junction last night...only with the help of a Stealth Boy though! 3 swipes from a deathclaw = death, even at level 30 and on Easy.
Old 11-02-10, 09:53 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Has anyone done any quests inside Camp McCarren?

Spoiler:
They've asked me to look into a situation where someone has been breaking into the control tower. So, I headed over there, checked the computer terminal outside, and it showed me a bunch of Enter/Exit times. It looks like someone was entering around 1am every day. So I go inside. There's a Ham Radio and another Radio mounted to the wall. Activating the Ham Radio turns it on, but the Wall Radio does nothing. I went back to report my findings (not officially in the quest, but I was stumped) and the guy told me to follow the culprit into the tower and find out who they are. Well, I waited outside the tower for HOURS. Between 9pm and about 2am in the game. No one ever showed up.

What am I doing wrong??
Old 11-02-10, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SomethingMore
Has anyone done any quests inside Camp McCarren?

Spoiler:
They've asked me to look into a situation where someone has been breaking into the control tower. So, I headed over there, checked the computer terminal outside, and it showed me a bunch of Enter/Exit times. It looks like someone was entering around 1am every day. So I go inside. There's a Ham Radio and another Radio mounted to the wall. Activating the Ham Radio turns it on, but the Wall Radio does nothing. I went back to report my findings (not officially in the quest, but I was stumped) and the guy told me to follow the culprit into the tower and find out who they are. Well, I waited outside the tower for HOURS. Between 9pm and about 2am in the game. No one ever showed up.

What am I doing wrong??
Spoiler:
Were you right outside the tower, or watching from a distance? And were you hiding?
Old 11-02-10, 10:05 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Spoiler:
Watching from a distance... but not extremely far. Just beside the plane that's sitting there. Crouched so my Pip-boy was telling me I was hidden.
Old 11-02-10, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Spoiler:
I'm not sure then; although the perp didn't show up in my game until after 3 a.m. And I ended up having to install a fan-made mod to get past the mission because although I followed the person in and waited at the bottom of the stairs, they never started using the radio, preventing the mission from continuing. This problem was apparently caused merely by having a conversation with the traitor earlier.
Old 11-02-10, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Which one is the Vault Hotel?

Speaking of Vaults, and Vault 11....

Why is it in Nevada? Vault 13 (the original Vault Dweller's Vault) was located in California, along with Vault 15. So did they start in Nevada and then go West only to go East again? Unless I am missing other Vaults? I think 11 was the lowest so far?

Vault 13 is very close to the state line.
Old 11-02-10, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

SomethingMore:

Something similar happened to me.

Spoiler:

In my second night waiting I just went inside around 2 am, and found the person sending the information to outsiders. I never saw him go in. And I was also "hidden" by one of the planes.
Old 11-02-10, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Argh got all the the into the Armory in Vault 34 only to find the weapon box with the really awesome weapon was locked and I needed a skill of 100 to attempt to pick it (I think my lockpick is like 83 right now at Level 22). I guess I can always come back later once I've upped my skill a few more points and found a lockpick magazine.
Old 11-02-10, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What's the awesome weapon?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.