Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Fallout New Vegas Announced

Old 10-27-10, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Fallout New Vegas Announced

I was wrong about my earlier crashes - they were caused any time I bought any item from a particular travelling merchant - it didn't seem to matter what the items were.

kms md - I've seen similar glitches in which people didn't seem to realize that certain events had occurred, preventing other things from happening. It seems like the game sometimes lets you take multiple paths to get to a destination, but it's scripted so that the expected result only happens if you follow the one path. (I know that's probably vague and confusing - I was trying to avoid having to use a spoiler tag.)
Old 10-27-10, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
I was wrong about my earlier crashes - they were caused any time I bought any item from a particular travelling merchant - it didn't seem to matter what the items were.

kms md - I've seen similar glitches in which people didn't seem to realize that certain events had occurred, preventing other things from happening. It seems like the game sometimes lets you take multiple paths to get to a destination, but it's scripted so that the expected result only happens if you follow the one path. (I know that's probably vague and confusing - I was trying to avoid having to use a spoiler tag.)
i think this is probably the case as well. i filed a support request at bethesda. i will keep a copy of my current save and try to progress the story a bit further given my current "limitations".

btw, is there anywhere else i can send my companions in order to recruit other companions?
Old 10-27-10, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was ready to go to bed last night and saw that a new quest popped. It seemed kinda easy, fix a water problem or something, so I decided that that was going to be my last quest before going to bed, 10 minutes max, right?

Wrong! 2 hours later I was still in the middle of the quest. So no, it wasn't a short quest, and I couldn't sleep thinking about it. I woke up thinking about it. I can't wait until I can complete it.

If someone is curious the quest is Hard Luck Blues.

Oh and to make things worse, at the beginning at that quest I spent like 20 minutes trying to survive an attack from the Legion's assassins!
Old 10-27-10, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post

I had one of my three freezes happen during a traveling merchant encounter.
Old 10-27-10, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Raul3 View Post
If someone is curious the quest is Hard Luck Blues.
Heh. I tried to complete that quest fairly early in the game. Bad move. Just be careful when you go into...that place that you go into for the quest. You probably found that out already though.
Old 10-27-10, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MoviePage View Post
Heh. I tried to complete that quest fairly early in the game. Bad move. Just be careful when you go into...that place that you go into for the quest. You probably found that out already though.
Yeah, had to check my guide. I'll try to finish later today.
Old 10-27-10, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Take as much RadAway and Rad-X as you can get your hands on.
Old 10-27-10, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

and wear the
Spoiler:
the spacesuit (which can be repaired with regular radiation suits)
Old 10-27-10, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by foxdvd View Post
Ok, if you can, find Vault 11 right now and explore every bit of it. Even if you are the kind of person who skips a lot of the computer writing, take your time and read everything, and explore everything....

Vault 11 has been a high point with this game so far. DON'T READ ANYTHING ABOUT IT STAY AWAY FROM SPOILERS....I know I am hyping it up a bit, and maybe that will take away from how much fun you will have with it, but my god that was great...
I was just there. I don't understand why you made a big deal out of it

Spoiler:
Was it because it was election related, and some of the posters were funny?

It just didn't wow me at all.
Old 10-27-10, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree on the Vault 11 stuff, it was interesting but I didn't think it was all that cool. Frankly I thought the Vault Hotel was a cooler idea.

Ran into a pretty major bug tonight. I got into the strip yesterday and then left and did some side quests in specifically the Jacobtown ones. When I decided to head back to the Strip to resume the main quest, I couldn't get into the gate,it said it required a key. I looked it up online and it's a known bug.

I tried taking out the security robots and they had the keys on them so I was able to get back in. Problem is from there on all the security robots in the strip would attack me on site. Not good.

Luckily I had a save game from earlier when I was in the strip so I was able to go back to that but did lose a couple hours of play time and XP.

As is the case with all Bethesda games, SAVE OFTEN and keep like 5 or 6 save files so you can go back if you need to.
Old 10-27-10, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I had a funny scene in the Strip. Three girls were dancing in their underwear in the fountain in front of the Ultra Lounge. They were NCR troopers and surrounded by Securitrons telling them to disburse. Soon people came by and started taking pictures. Pretty funny moment in the game.

Seems like there's a ton of stuff in the game. I picked up a red star bottle cap and then about 30 minutes later this guy comes up to me and tells me about a treasure. Pretty neat stuff.
Old 10-28-10, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant11 View Post
I agree on the Vault 11 stuff, it was interesting but I didn't think it was all that cool. Frankly I thought the Vault Hotel was a cooler idea.

Ran into a pretty major bug tonight. I got into the strip yesterday and then left and did some side quests in specifically the Jacobtown ones. When I decided to head back to the Strip to resume the main quest, I couldn't get into the gate,it said it required a key. I looked it up online and it's a known bug.

I tried taking out the security robots and they had the keys on them so I was able to get back in. Problem is from there on all the security robots in the strip would attack me on site. Not good.

Luckily I had a save game from earlier when I was in the strip so I was able to go back to that but did lose a couple hours of play time and XP.

As is the case with all Bethesda games, SAVE OFTEN and keep like 5 or 6 save files so you can go back if you need to.
Which one is the Vault Hotel?

Speaking of Vaults, and Vault 11....

Why is it in Nevada? Vault 13 (the original Vault Dweller's Vault) was located in California, along with Vault 15. So did they start in Nevada and then go West only to go East again? Unless I am missing other Vaults? I think 11 was the lowest so far?
Old 10-28-10, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Caravan is really easy against any of the people in the game. I just
Spoiler:
loaded my deck with 6, 10, J, K, and Jokers (and a few other cards like eights, nines and queens just to get to the minimum of 30 - I haven't gotten quite enough extras from merchants yet). The other players never play any cards on your side of the table, which you can use to your advantage. During the opening hand when you lay down your first three cards I just discard anything other than sixes, tens and kings until I have either three tens or three sixes. Then you just need to get a ten and a six in each "caravan" and use a king to double the ten. And usually after all the discarding I only have 10 or so cards left over, so it doesn't take long to get everything you need. If the other player gets a caravan which adds up to 26 you can either use a jack to remove one of their cards, a joker to remove possibly a few of them or a king to make their caravan go over 26. This strategy obviously wouldn't work as well against a better player since they could use a joker to remove all or most of your tens for example.
Old 10-28-10, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was really unprepared. I mean I didn't know anything about the place. Good thing I had like 14 RadAway items. Plus a lot of Rad-X too. Also, I was using the radiation suit, "normal" one.

Since I checked my guide too late, I wandered a lot and used all of my RadAway and the one I found there. I ended up with severe radiation poisoning. Nothing that a doctor couldn't care of course.
Old 10-28-10, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
Which one is the Vault Hotel?

Speaking of Vaults, and Vault 11....

Why is it in Nevada? Vault 13 (the original Vault Dweller's Vault) was located in California, along with Vault 15. So did they start in Nevada and then go West only to go East again? Unless I am missing other Vaults? I think 11 was the lowest so far?
The Vault hotel is in the Strip. It's a gift shop but also a hotel that they built into one of the old Vaults. You can also sell vault jumpsuits that you find to the owner for caps (i got about 50 a piece for 2 suits I found).
Old 10-28-10, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant11 View Post
The Vault hotel is in the Strip. It's a gift shop but also a hotel that they built into one of the old Vaults. You can also sell vault jumpsuits that you find to the owner for caps (i got about 50 a piece for 2 suits I found).
Oh, I just got to the strip, so I had no idea.
Old 10-28-10, 01:14 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, the first time Boone destroyed some hapless Fiend from 200 yards, I was jumping, too.
That happened to me last night
Old 10-28-10, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Boone, ED-E, and I had quite the run in with a gang of blind Deathclaws last night by some trainyard. Hadn't encountered a Deathclaw yet, so not sure what the deal is with the blind ones, but they just kept coming and coming...I'd guess we killed 15 or so. Luckily I had a sniper rifle as well, so only a couple got to us, but the ones that did made quick work of Boone and ED-E - can they even be killed, or will they always just go unconscious?
Old 10-28-10, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The achievement for healing 10,000 HP with food is going to be a bitch to get.
Old 10-28-10, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aktick View Post
Boone, ED-E, and I had quite the run in with a gang of blind Deathclaws last night by some trainyard. Hadn't encountered a Deathclaw yet, so not sure what the deal is with the blind ones, but they just kept coming and coming...I'd guess we killed 15 or so. Luckily I had a sniper rifle as well, so only a couple got to us, but the ones that did made quick work of Boone and ED-E - can they even be killed, or will they always just go unconscious?
depends on if you are hardmore or not.
Old 10-28-10, 04:55 PM
gamer for life

I was just there. I don't understand why you made a big deal out of it

Spoiler:
Was it because it was election related, and some of the posters were funny?

It just didn't wow me at all.
Spoiler:
I loved how it ended...how you go down that path...the music, the slide show...the death...I died twice trying to get out of that situation until I was able to set up mines all around where the flood of robots come from...
Old 10-28-10, 11:25 PM
gamer for life

I think maybe you should not click on my spoiler unless you finished all of Vault 11...you will know you have finished it...because something actually does happen...only click above if you are sure you did something...
Old 10-28-10, 11:31 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Following Fallout with Fictitious Farmers' Friends

^
Spoiler:
Do you have to go into the flooded area? I wandered around the entire vault, but didn't go into the water since I didn't want to risk Rad poisoning.
Old 10-29-10, 12:33 AM
gamer for life

Re: Following Fallout with Fictitious Farmers' Friends

Originally Posted by SomethingMore View Post
^
Spoiler:
Do you have to go into the flooded area? I wandered around the entire vault, but didn't go into the water since I didn't want to risk Rad poisoning.
Spoiler:
yes...be sure to have something to cut down on your rads...and if you have a breathing item that makes it easier as well...you can pick one up on one of the quests...
Old 10-29-10, 04:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by foxdvd View Post
Spoiler:
I loved how it ended...how you go down that path...the music, the slide show...the death...I died twice trying to get out of that situation until I was able to set up mines all around where the flood of robots come from...

I had to nuke them.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.