DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   XBOX 360 Console Question (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/552973-xbox-360-console-question.html)

Struz 04-06-09 10:40 PM

XBOX 360 Console Question

I have the XBOX 360 Pro console.
I just got the 3 red flashing lights and have to send my console to microsoft to get fixed.

I was thinking of buying the XBOX Arcade console to use while my Pro console is getting repaired (around 3 weeks) then using the Arcade console on another tv or as a backup once the Pro console is fixed.

My question is, can I put my hard drive from the Pro console into the Arcade console ?

Will it fit and will it work ?

Thanks.

:)

mr.snowmizer 04-07-09 02:31 AM

Re: XBOX 360 Console Question

Hard drive will work on any 360.

There's only little headache you may have in the two weeks (MS has had so much practice that they've got the turnaround speed greatly reduced; 3 weeks is likely inaccurate) you'd have only your new Arcade unit...

If you've purchased any XBLA games, they won't work offline (you'll only get the trial version available) on the 'Old Hard Drive + Different 360' combo, unless you use the transfer tool at xbox.com. If you're always signed in to XBL, though, you won't even see this issue.

Seeing as how the repaired console looks to retake its primary spot once it returns, though, you don't want to actually use that once-per-year tool.

Struz 04-07-09 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by mr.snowmizer (Post 9373285)
Hard drive will work on any 360.

There's only little headache you may have in the two weeks (MS has had so much practice that they've got the turnaround speed greatly reduced; 3 weeks is likely inaccurate) you'd have only your new Arcade unit...

If you've purchased any XBLA games, they won't work offline (you'll only get the trial version available) on the 'Old Hard Drive + Different 360' combo, unless you use the transfer tool at xbox.com. If you're always signed in to XBL, though, you won't even see this issue.

Seeing as how the repaired console looks to retake its primary spot once it returns, though, you don't want to actually use that once-per-year tool.

Thanks Mr. snowmizer !
I didn't purchase any XBLA games.
I did buy some Halo 3 and GOW 2 maps though.

When I put my hardrive in the Arcade version I shouldn't have to set anything up right ?

I should be able to play my downloaded Halo 3 and GOW 2 maps and view my save games from Halo 3 with no problems ?

Michael Corvin 04-07-09 08:14 AM

As long as you are signed into your account everything will work just fine.

Once you have two consoles going, keep your gamertag on the Memory Unit that comes with the Arcade. That way you can play everything on both systems without any headaches.

Michael Corvin 04-07-09 08:14 AM

Once you have two consoles going, keep your gamertag on the Memory Unit that comes with the Arcade. That way you can play everything on both systems without any headaches.

dvdsteve2000 04-07-09 02:56 PM

I run 2 360's and here's the scoop. The system that the stuff (DLC/Halo maps) was originally purchased on will let everyone play them, but your second (and replacement) 360 will only allow your profile to play them. Others will be able to play with you, but can't play your DLC without you.

hail2dking 04-07-09 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 9373458)

Does a memory unit still come with the arcade now that it has built-in flash memory?

Demontooth 04-07-09 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by hail2dking (Post 9375312)
Does a memory unit still come with the arcade now that it has built-in flash memory?

No