Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Old 09-04-10, 12:19 PM
  #151  
DVD Talk Hero
 
pinata242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 30,154
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

I think it makes far more sense in this game than it did the last, narratively. I mean, she's your daughter, not just some piece of tail.

Looking at the menu screen, the population of Still Creek is 753. That should have been the achievement amount, not 1,000.

Maxed out to level 5 in the first run and I'm really bummed that I didn't get a Speed increase. That's the worst part of starting a Dead Rising game - how slow you are.
Old 09-04-10, 02:27 PM
  #152  
DVD Talk Hero
 
pinata242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 30,154
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Anybody purposefully (or otherwise) go for the bad endings?

Like a shithead, I stood right in front of Katey looking at my watch until 8pm hit without giving her the Zombrex.
Spoiler:
Total cop-out ending but I felt the spoiler was still necessary. Rating: F


The I reloaded, gave her the Zombrex and waited until the military showed up without fixing the bike all the way.
Spoiler:
They take Katey away while restraining you until you take a rifle butt to the back of the skull. Rating: D


I need to try fixing the bike, but failing to run. It's probably the same as above, with maybe a slightly higher rating.
Old 09-05-10, 11:27 PM
  #153  
DRG
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: ND
Posts: 13,421
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

I cracked up when I got the F ending today while wearing the beer cap. Totally ruins the drama...
Old 09-06-10, 01:09 AM
  #154  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 33,944
Received 427 Likes on 320 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Old 09-08-10, 04:29 AM
  #155  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Just finished a run through of Case Zero. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and I know I didn't explore nearly as much as I could have (never found the guy on top of the roof's daughter), so I'll probably run it again. Although I am already maxed at 5.
Old 09-09-10, 03:09 PM
  #156  
DRG
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: ND
Posts: 13,421
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Originally Posted by Wazootyman
Just finished a run through of Case Zero. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and I know I didn't explore nearly as much as I could have (never found the guy on top of the roof's daughter), so I'll probably run it again. Although I am already maxed at 5.
Without spilling location details (time related):

Spoiler:
I couldn't get her to activate until after 7pm, if that helps. It also leaves you with less than an hour to deal with the situation and get back to Katey with the Zombrex.
Old 09-10-10, 05:29 AM
  #157  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Originally Posted by DRG
Without spilling location details (time related):

Spoiler:
I couldn't get her to activate until after 7pm, if that helps. It also leaves you with less than an hour to deal with the situation and get back to Katey with the Zombrex.
Spoiler:
Actually, what I did was hung out at the gas station until 7. I gave her the Zombrex at 7:01, killed the psycho and then went to talk to Bob and get everything squared away with him and Darcie.


This is only the second game I've gotten all the achievements on, the other being Enchanted Arms
Old 09-10-10, 01:51 PM
  #158  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 33,944
Received 427 Likes on 320 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Originally Posted by Wazootyman
Spoiler:
Actually, what I did was hung out at the gas station until 7. I gave her the Zombrex at 7:01, killed the psycho and then went to talk to Bob and get everything squared away with him and Darcie.


This is only the second game I've gotten all the achievements on, the other being Enchanted Arms
Same here, except it was a couple of CSI games
Old 09-10-10, 02:05 PM
  #159  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 71,383
Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Originally Posted by Wazootyman
This is only the second game I've gotten all the achievements on, the other being Enchanted Arms
For me, it's just that free Doritos game.
Old 09-10-10, 02:18 PM
  #160  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 33,944
Received 427 Likes on 320 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Originally Posted by Groucho
For me, it's just that free Doritos game.
I didn't even get all those
Old 09-15-10, 06:43 AM
  #161  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 695
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

'Dead Rising 2: Case West' epilogue revealed, Xbox 360 exclusive

Capcom just announced at TGS that the Dead Rising 2: Case Zero prologue sold over 500,000 copies in under 2 weeks, with that knowledge one can understand why they'd do an epilogue: Dead Rising 2: Case West.

Keiji Inafune revealed the DLC will take place after the events of Dead Rising 2 and feature Frank West (of the original Dead Rising) working with latest protaganist Chuck Greene. Inafune concluded, "Apologies to PS3 fans, but this too will be an Xbox 360 exclusive." We'll update as we learn more.
Old 09-15-10, 06:48 AM
  #162  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 62,587
Received 945 Likes on 667 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Sweet! I love Frank.
Old 09-15-10, 08:13 AM
  #163  
DVD Talk Hero
 
pinata242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 30,154
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Sounds like 2015's Dead Rising 3 will have some sort of multiplayer mode
Old 09-15-10, 08:27 AM
  #164  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,426
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Here is the debut trailer for Case West. It seems like it may spoil the end of Dead Rising 2 but I am not really sure.

Spoiler:
Chuck says he was framed for the zombie outbreak. I have never heard that before, so I don't know if that is how DR2 ends or not.


<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=704489"/><param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=704489" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>
Old 09-15-10, 08:35 AM
  #165  
DVD Talk Legend
 
chuckd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,704
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Originally Posted by pinata242
Sounds like 2015's Dead Rising 3 will have some sort of multiplayer mode
Which will cost $15 to access.
Old 09-15-10, 11:26 AM
  #166  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,687
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Which will cost $15 to access.
Nah, it'll only be $5. But if you want to pick up weapons, that will cost an extra $10.
Old 09-15-10, 11:32 AM
  #167  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Liver&Onions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Oregonzola
Posts: 14,293
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

I just got case:zero last night - and to you people who didn't immediately notice the workbench right beside the nails/bat that you just picked up. I say.
Old 09-15-10, 11:36 AM
  #168  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 71,383
Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

It seems that the "Kill 1000 Zombies" achievement has to be done in one playthrough, because I know I've killed more that that. Is the same true for the "Spend $100,000" achievement -- because I'm not sure that's possible.
Old 09-15-10, 11:51 AM
  #169  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,687
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Yeah, Kill 1000 zombies is in a single playthrough. However spend $100,000 is across all playthroughs.
Old 09-16-10, 03:01 AM
  #170  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 33,944
Received 427 Likes on 320 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Originally Posted by flashburn
Yeah, Kill 1000 zombies is in a single playthrough. However spend $100,000 is across all playthroughs.
Yeah, combining weapons is across all playthroughs as well.
Old 09-16-10, 04:47 AM
  #171  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,505
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

I guess the Frank West spoiler is out of the bag. I wonder if the epilog is on the disc and they just ended up charging for it because they know we'll buy it.
Old 09-16-10, 05:17 AM
  #172  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,987
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Originally Posted by alxreys
'Dead Rising 2: Case West' epilogue revealed, Xbox 360 exclusive

Capcom just announced at TGS that the Dead Rising 2: Case Zero prologue sold over 500,000 copies in under 2 weeks, with that knowledge one can understand why they'd do an epilogue: Dead Rising 2: Case West.

Keiji Inafune revealed the DLC will take place after the events of Dead Rising 2 and feature Frank West (of the original Dead Rising) working with latest protaganist Chuck Greene. Inafune concluded, "Apologies to PS3 fans, but this too will be an Xbox 360 exclusive." We'll update as we learn more.
Calling Gamestop tomorrow and canceling my pre-order for DR2 for the PS3.

Seriously, all this stuff exclusive for X-Box AND they still won't port over DR1?

Honestly, not worth giving them my money. If I do by DR2, its gonna be a used copy.
Old 09-16-10, 06:23 AM
  #173  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,426
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
Calling Gamestop tomorrow and canceling my pre-order for DR2 for the PS3.

Seriously, all this stuff exclusive for X-Box AND they still won't port over DR1?

Honestly, not worth giving them my money. If I do by DR2, its gonna be a used copy.

The DLCs will most likely eventually come to the PS3 in the inevitable "Game of the Year" edition.
Old 09-16-10, 03:21 PM
  #174  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,987
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
The DLCs will most likely eventually come to the PS3 in the inevitable "Game of the Year" edition.
If they do, might possibly get it then.

But at this time, not gonna worry about it.
Old 09-16-10, 03:26 PM
  #175  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,512
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
Calling Gamestop tomorrow and canceling my pre-order for DR2 for the PS3.

Seriously, all this stuff exclusive for X-Box AND they still won't port over DR1?

Honestly, not worth giving them my money. If I do by DR2, its gonna be a used copy.
I think I'm with you on this one. I'm feeling pretty shafted and I didn't know about that whole time limit aspect. Maybe I'll pick it up down the line when it's cheap...

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.