Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-10, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts
Re: Dead Rising 2: Vegas Zombies!

I have beaten the Cat trainer boss, the mascot, the groom, and the mailman. They were fairly easy.
Old 10-03-10, 04:07 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddarino
I don't know what it is, but it seems like the psychos in this game are generally harder than the first game. I've gotten very frustrated on at least three of them.

The first game was so easy if you used the overpowered small chainsaws. They killed any boss in 3 or 4 hits.

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I have beaten the Cat trainer boss, the mascot, the groom, and the mailman. They were fairly easy.

Yeah, I don't really think DR2 is really that much harder. The people that I have seen play it that complain are just fighting the bosses without using any real strategy. You can't just stand there and hack away and expect to win. All the bosses have a pattern, and it is much better to play defensively. Once you get the dodge roll, it becomes very easy to dodge the enemies and then strike back when after they strike first.

The hardest boss in the entire series was the overtime boss of DR1. That battle was just absolutely ridiculous because there was no legitimate way to win. You had to spam cheese attacks. The overtime boss in DR2 is difficult but at least he can be beaten legitimately.
Old 10-03-10, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
You can't just stand there and hack away and expect to win. All the bosses have a pattern, and it is much better to play defensively.
The Knife-gloves & Painkiller combo disagree.
Old 10-03-10, 05:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tarantino
The Knife-gloves & Painkiller combo disagree.
I mentioned that a couple pages back... but the tenderizers are better for faster attacking speed.

But still actually learning the psychos patterns and actually playing smartly is more rewarding to me than standing in place hacking away.
Old 10-03-10, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, hacking away is cheap. The mailman guy you could hack three times, and then you had to run or he'd throw a letter bomb at you.
Old 10-03-10, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I <3 the ninja suit. it's quiet and zombies rarely grab you. plus, when you get edged weapons, the music changes to cool japanese music.
Old 10-04-10, 12:28 AM
Banned

Anyone try to give the massager as a gift to Katey?

NSFW:
Old 10-04-10, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Creep!
Old 10-04-10, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The hardest boss in the entire series was the overtime boss of DR1. That battle was just absolutely ridiculous because there was no legitimate way to win. You had to spam cheese attacks. The overtime boss in DR2 is difficult but at least he can be beaten legitimately.
You mean the the military guy, Brock? He was the easiest boss I've ever played in any videogame. He stayed on the top most part of the tank, I was a level down and I just hit him with the spin punch attack. Took me maybe 2 minutes. Cheap sure, but I never had a problem with him.

I haven't had much problem with the bosses in DR2. The CURE protester took 2 or 3 tries but only because I tried to take him down fast. They basically all have the same strategy. Wait until they taunt or stop attacking, get a few hits in, and run away. Slappy is the the only one so far where you have to be more aggressive (jump kick him, to knock him down), but I've seen other strategies where you can trap him and just spam away.
Old 10-04-10, 02:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Drop
You mean the the military guy, Brock? He was the easiest boss I've ever played in any videogame. He stayed on the top most part of the tank, I was a level down and I just hit him with the spin punch attack. Took me maybe 2 minutes. Cheap sure, but I never had a problem with him.
That was exactly my point. There is no legitimate way to beat him because he always blocks everything. Even when he does his taunt he still somehow blocks. The only way to beat him is to spam the lariat move over and over because even though he does block it the lariat still damages him slightly.

The overtime boss in DR2 is
Spoiler:
TK and he is nowhere near that cheap. TK can be hit while he is taunting you. Also when he does the Bald Bull style charge at you he will be stunned if you get the button prompts correct giving you another couple hits on him.
Old 10-04-10, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Deftones
I <3 the ninja suit. it's quiet and zombies rarely grab you. plus, when you get edged weapons, the music changes to cool japanese music.
I didn't know that. I have the code to unlock it and thought it'd be just another suit.

Anyone try to give the massager as a gift to Katey?

NSFW:

Originally Posted by Drop

I haven't had much problem with the bosses in DR2. The CURE protester took 2 or 3 tries but only because I tried to take him down fast. They basically all have the same strategy. Wait until they taunt or stop attacking, get a few hits in, and run away. Slappy is the the only one so far where you have to be more aggressive (jump kick him, to knock him down), but I've seen other strategies where you can trap him and just spam away.
Slappy was easy. I just hid behind a wall in the gun store, and sniped him til he was dead.
Old 10-04-10, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk God

so those redneck sniper guys, there are 4 of them, right? I only found three, but I could swear there were shots from somewhere else, and there were 4 in the video (iirc).

Also, what's the best way to beat that stupid sheriff guy w/ the pistol and lasso? Fucker is hard.
Old 10-05-10, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There are four sniper guys. As for the sheriff, I just got close enough so that he couldn't rope me & wailed away. He knocks you down after three or four hits, but I only lost four/five health bars & he was dead. Cool death scene too.
Old 10-05-10, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

what is the key for TK's female helpers? They just keep kicking my ass
Old 10-05-10, 09:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Killing TK's arm candy:

Spoiler:
Blade Gloves. Load up on OJ. Make a double beer and drink it RIGHT before the fight. Finally, only attack ONE of them. Once kill the first one the other commits suicide.
Old 10-05-10, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

What does drinking a double beer do for you?
Old 10-05-10, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Rob V
What does drinking a double beer do for you?
if it's blended, it's a painkiller. fills your energy and will allow you to take more damage than normal without having your life meter go down too much.
Old 10-05-10, 10:26 AM
Banned

It doesn't have to necessarily be two beers. Two whiskeys will also make a painkiller as will two vodkas. You can't mix and match though, so you can't for example mix whiskey with vodka and get painkiller.

Two milks will give you quickstep which is also another good combo drink. In the first game, two wines made quickstep but in DR2 it is two milks. Painkiller didn't exist in the first game.
Old 10-05-10, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
if it's blended, it's a painkiller. fills your energy and will allow you to take more damage than normal without having your life meter go down too much.
Cool. Good to know. I was totally expecting the obligatory "it'll make ugly girls hotter" or something like that.
Old 10-06-10, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

painkiller is very powerful.
I use it as a last resort since i consider it to be sort of like cheating.

I am level 27 and just started case 5.
what level should you be at to finish the game?
Old 10-06-10, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dead Rising 2 DLC to Add Costumes, Benefits

UPDATE - As astute readers have pointed out in the comments below, these packs appear to have quietly hit both the PlayStation Network and Xbox 360 already, for free. The content descriptions, however, show that these are preparation pieces of DLC, allowing users to continue to play co-op with those who purchase the content when it is made available. None of the currently available packs allows users to access the actual content. It does, however, answer the question of whether we'll see these packs hit the Xbox 360.

ORIGINAL STORY - Dead Rising 2 is barely a week old, and Capcom has just announced four downloadable content packs to be released over the next month. Senior producer Josh Bridge gave the word on the PlayStation.Blog. Each pack will include one costume and a passive benefit.

The Psychopath Pack (due Oct 12) gives Chuck a horror outfit, and boosts his damage when using weapons like chainsaws, machetes, and axes. The Soldier of Fortune (Oct 19) looks like an action star and boosts firearm damage. Sports Fan (Oct 26) gives a bonus to damage with "sporty" weapons like the baseball bat, and makes Chuck more lucky when he gambles. Finally, the Ninja (Nov 2) makes Chuck nearly invisible to zombies, and enhances sword and thrown weapon damage. No price was mentioned.

The choice of venue for the announcement raises questions. Bridge doesn't call the packs exclusive, but Capcom did choose to make the announcement on the PlayStation.Blog, and we didn't see mention of Dead Rising 2 content on the recent Xbox update. As a result, it's hard to tell if the content will be coming to the Xbox 360 later or even at all, after some PS3 fans felt slighted by Case Zero. As soon as we know whether the content is coming to the 360, you'll know.

Old 10-06-10, 03:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by timewaster

Mid 30s probably.
Old 10-06-10, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by timewaster
painkiller is very powerful.
I use it as a last resort since i consider it to be sort of like cheating.

i am at 33, iirc at the end.

fwiw, the last boss is ridiculous. as in hard. in fact, i had to watch a video how to beat him and honestly, it's not really fair.

Spoiler:
you have to have like 200 rounds of ammo to beat him. you can't really fight him with any weapons hand to hand. the plus is that you can wail on him with guns, run out of ammo, and go back into the hotel for more food and ammo. but it's kind of a joke that you have to do that just to have a chance to beat him.
Old 10-06-10, 07:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think that's the last boss. I had 2 knife gloves and the rest OJ/Creamer/steak. I picked up food where I was also, as I used it. I just wailed on the boss and ate food after his 'special' attacks.

EDIT: I think that's non-specific enough that I don't need spoiler tags.
Old 10-06-10, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The last boss really isn't that hard, Deftones...here's the strategy I used.
Spoiler:
There's a smaller scaffolding next to him. Go up there and throw something at him (I used my nail bat). It'll hit him and bounce off, falling to the ground. Jump off because he'll throw a flare, which will fire a missle. Run around the platform he's on and pick up the bat. Repeat until he's dead. Only took me about 5-7 minutes. If you can, make a Defiler (axe mixed with sledgehammer) and throw that at him, as it takes away more damage.

I only had to run back into the hotel once, and that was because my nail bat fell through one of the holes and I needed something to throw at him.

Hope that helps, and there's no guns needed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.