Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band: Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-09, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Re: Rock Band: Official Thread

I love "Losing My Religion" as a song, but it wouldn't be much fun to play as a RB track, would it? Singing would be fine, but musically, it's basically "unplugged".
Old 03-06-09, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I'm always down for Offspring. REM's not bad either. Like everyone else... Richard Who?
Old 03-06-09, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoVegan
I'd also like to point out that's a Warner-era R.E.M. track, contrary to the earlier no-Warner rumors from a week ago, so I assume Jane's Addiction is still a possibility.
I believe that anything they'd already licensed before this fiasco came into effect stays unaffected. I remember reading somewhere (and I'll try to find the source if needed) that they would start to run out of Warner tracks sometime this summer, and that's when the drought would start.
Old 03-06-09, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I found this at imeem:

<object width="300" height="110"><param name="movie" value="http://media.imeem.com/m/4CurIz-w_P/aus=false/"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://media.imeem.com/m/4CurIz-w_P/aus=false/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="300" height="110" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
<form method="post" action="http://www.imeem.com/embedsearch/" style="margin:0;padding:0;"><input type="text" name="EmbedSearchBox" /><input type="submit" value="Search" style="font-size:12px;" />
</form>

The Way That It Shows - Richard Thompson
Old 03-06-09, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I love "Losing My Religion" as a song, but it wouldn't be much fun to play as a RB track, would it? Singing would be fine, but musically, it's basically "unplugged".
Spoilsport. The rest of us will happily be hooking up our bongo and mandolin controllers.
Old 03-06-09, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I believe that anything they'd already licensed before this fiasco came into effect stays unaffected. I remember reading somewhere (and I'll try to find the source if needed) that they would start to run out of Warner tracks sometime this summer, and that's when the drought would start.
I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but thanks. I was hoping the whole "no Warner music" thing was totally untrue, but I guess it's good news that there's still more coming, at least for a while.
Old 03-06-09, 09:10 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
Right on. Kravitz was just coincidently the next artist announced on weekly DLC. He wasn't the "Mega-Artist" referenced in the invitation sent out.
you must've missed where I said it was confirmed by HMXSean that it was Lenny Kravitz. Feel free to keep your hopes up though while I try to find the post. Going to be a needle in a haystack on the RB boards to find though.
Old 03-06-09, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know Richard Thompson decently well, but don't know the song.

from wiki: Thompson is especially well regarded as a guitar player. He was named in the top 20 in Rolling Stone magazine's list of The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time. [1] In 1991 he was awarded the Orville H. Gibson award for best acoustic guitar player.
Old 03-06-09, 09:20 AM
Cool New Member

I can find 6 or so different posts by people saying that he popped into a thread saying it was Kravitz, but I can't actually find his post.
Old 03-06-09, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by BengalCP09
you must've missed where I said it was confirmed by HMXSean that it was Lenny Kravitz. Feel free to keep your hopes up though while I try to find the post. Going to be a needle in a haystack on the RB boards to find though.
I didn't miss where you said it. But I do know that the invite was for people to play new stuff a day before it is released. Since that event the invite was referencing hasn't occurred yet, it isn't Lenny Kravitz. And it if is, it's for different songs than came out on 1/13/2009.

I wait patiently for your needle. As if it was widely known or confirmed, this wouldn't be the first we've heard about it here, trust me...
Old 03-06-09, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I found this at imeem:

<object width="300" height="110"><param name="movie" value="http://media.imeem.com/m/4CurIz-w_P/aus=false/"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://media.imeem.com/m/4CurIz-w_P/aus=false/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="300" height="110" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
<form method="post" action="http://www.imeem.com/embedsearch/" style="margin:0;padding:0;"><input type="text" name="EmbedSearchBox" /><input type="submit" value="Search" style="font-size:12px;" />
</form>

The Way That It Shows - Richard Thompson
thats going to be a fun solo... he isnt much of a singer, but the guitar parts sound fun
Old 03-06-09, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can find 6 or so different posts by people saying that he popped into a thread saying it was Kravitz, but I can't actually find his post.
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showt...hlight=Kravitz
Here is a MOD saying its Kravitz as confirmed by HMXSean.... i 100% would NOT call Kravitz a major artist... i dont like him, but i know some do, but major, i dont think so.... Dude hasnt had a hit in years, and had a few popular years
Old 03-06-09, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts

In for "The Kid's Aren't All Right" and "Losing My Religion."

Yay for recognizable songs!
Old 03-06-09, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Nothing for me this week.
Old 03-06-09, 09:48 AM
Cool New Member

As if it was widely known or confirmed, this wouldn't be the first we've heard about it here, trust me...
Originally Posted by REL77
Here is a MOD saying its Kravitz as confirmed by HMXSean.... i 100% would NOT call Kravitz a major artist... i dont like him, but i know some do, but major, i dont think so.... Dude hasnt had a hit in years, and had a few popular years
Apparently I should have started posting here sooner, no? ;-)
Old 03-06-09, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well no wonder we didn't hear about it. What a fizzled waste of an invite, if that's the case. I told y'all that blogger made it sound bigger than it was.
Old 03-06-09, 10:21 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Draven
In for "The Kid's Aren't All Right" and "Losing My Religion."

Yay for recognizable songs!
Yay for a happy Draven.
Old 03-06-09, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Meh. I'm out this week. I don't think there's anything official on the schedule I actually plan to download! Finally... time to catch up on everything else.
Old 03-06-09, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll pick up a couple of these, and we're one week closer to Ten. And I've got a long way to go before improving on SRV, but I'm enjoying getting there. It's good times.
Old 03-06-09, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I didn't miss where you said it. But I do know that the invite was for people to play new stuff a day before it is released. Since that event the invite was referencing hasn't occurred yet, it isn't Lenny Kravitz. And it if is, it's for different songs than came out on 1/13/2009.
I still think this is right. Why would they send out an invite saying the press will get to play a surprise artist at GDC only to say it's Kravitz a day later? That makes no sense. With Kravitz DLC happening the week of the invite is a mere coincidence and where the confusion is coming from. Couple that with the fact we already got a few of Lenny "Mega" Kravitz's bigger hits.

I still think there is an unannounced surprise pertaining to the invite.
Old 03-06-09, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Guess we'll find out soon enough. I still believe it's just getting to play Ten a day early, but would love for it to be more songs we don't know about. Even better if it's someone new to the game entirely.
Old 03-06-09, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd buy REM, but since I haven't turned on RB in a while due to other issues I fear the RB Gestapo chastising my for doing so.
Old 03-06-09, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Guess we'll find out soon enough. I still believe it's just getting to play Ten a day early, but would love for it to be more songs we don't know about. Even better if it's someone new to the game entirely.
We're on the same page. I think it's Ten (the author was confused) but am hoping for something new. A few big (possibly worthy of the 'Mega' moniker?) artists still M.I.A. in Rock Band: Tom Petty, ZZ Top, John Mellencamp, Springsteen...
Old 03-06-09, 11:19 AM
Cool New Member

Well no wonder we didn't hear about it. What a fizzled waste of an invite, if that's the case. I told y'all that blogger made it sound bigger than it was.
ha. from what I read, it wasn't Harmonix that wrote the release calling it a "mega-artist" so I guess the guy really liked Lenny Kravitz.
Old 03-06-09, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Awesome. Those are 2 of my favorite Offspring songs, so I'm definitely getting those. Maybe REM, but I haven't heard that song in a long time so I should probably listen to it first.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.