DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   MLB '09: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 3rd (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/547432-mlb-09-show-ps3-ps2-psp-march-3rd.html)

carloslee34 06-11-09 11:16 AM

Re: MLB '09: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 3rd
 
sorry lol my bad

carloslee34 06-11-09 11:17 AM

Re: MLB '09: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 3rd
 
my bad sorry for it

carloslee34 06-11-09 11:17 AM

Re: MLB '09: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 3rd
 
sorry double post

carloslee34 06-11-09 11:18 AM

Re: MLB '09: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 3rd
 
nice monkey

carloslee34 06-11-09 11:22 AM

Re: MLB '09: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 3rd
 
i hate how the season win record is 61 because its impossible to break unless you bribe your manager to start you 61 times... they should make it modern and breakable (the all time wins is easyier because you just have to be in the leage till your 82)

Daryl 06-11-09 03:48 PM

Re: MLB '09: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 3rd
 

Originally Posted by nickdawgy (Post 9498683)
Yeah, I had a killer game too when it glitched. I just simmed the game over and over until I homered. It took like 5 tries but it worked.

It took 9 tries before my teammate finally got his 200th. As a bonus, apparently I hit a home run as well, so that makes up for my lost stats.

Daryl 06-30-09 11:16 AM

Re: MLB '09: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 3rd
 
So I had this kind funny situation happen while playing RTTS. Game tied bottom of the 9th with no outs. I'm standing on 2nd. Just fooling around, I take a huge lead off of 2nd, probably half-way. The pitcher whirls and throws, and I take off for 3rd, which forces the guy on 3rd to run home, with me right behind him. The SS throws home and there is a collision between the catcher and the guy running in front of me, which bowls over the catcher. The lead runner is out but I easily slide in behind him for the winning run.

nickdawgy 06-30-09 08:05 PM

Re: MLB '09: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 3rd
 
:lol:

Awesome

bunkaroo 07-01-09 04:12 PM

Re: MLB '09: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 3rd
 
I'd like to see that tried in real life. It just might work! :)

Maxflier 07-01-09 04:28 PM

Re: MLB '09: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 3rd
 

Originally Posted by bunkaroo (Post 9539246)
I'd like to see that tried in real life. It just might work! :)

I'm sure it was cool when it happend on the video game, but any manager who tries this on purpose in real life is asking to be fired.

Daryl 07-02-09 10:29 PM

Re: MLB '09: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 3rd
 

Originally Posted by Maxflier (Post 9539283)
I'm sure it was cool when it happend on the video game, but any manager who tries this on purpose in real life is asking to be fired.

:lol: no doubt. I only did it out of boredom of being on the basepaths while playing RTTS. I get restless watching all my teammates go full count, then foul off like 6 pitches, and then strike out. The rare times they do put the ball in play, half the time I end up running the wrong way because of the switched camera angle. Or I get thrown out by a mile at home because the 3rd base coach was waving me home and I had no idea that behind me the ball was already on it's way to the catcher from the outfield (thanks for sending me home!). So every once in a while I end up trying goofy stuff just trying to shake things up.

Maxflier 07-02-09 11:42 PM

Re: MLB '09: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 3rd
 

Originally Posted by Daryl (Post 9542468)
:lol: no doubt. I only did it out of boredom of being on the basepaths while playing RTTS. I get restless watching all my teammates go full count, then foul off like 6 pitches, and then strike out. The rare times they do put the ball in play, half the time I end up running the wrong way because of the switched camera angle. Or I get thrown out by a mile at home because the 3rd base coach was waving me home and I had no idea that behind me the ball was already on it's way to the catcher from the outfield (thanks for sending me home!). So every once in a while I end up trying goofy stuff just trying to shake things up.

I hear you man. The barrage of foul balls is truly annoying.
And don't get me started on the fucked up baserunning controls...

Tarantino 07-03-09 02:53 AM

Re: MLB '09: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 3rd
 
That's why when I was playing I chose to skip the basepaths.

= J

Maxflier 07-03-09 12:14 PM

Re: MLB '09: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 3rd
 
If you do that will you still get the training points when your player scores a run?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.