DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-18, 09:53 AM   -   Wikipost
DVD Talk Forum Thread Wiki: The Video Game Deals Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mattysemo247
Xbox sales and specials

Xbox free Games with Gold - deadlines every 15th and last days of months

Xbox Deals with Gold

Best Buy - $10 reward zone certificate with pre-orders

Far Cry 5
COD BO IIII
Smash Bros.

Print Wikipost

Old 12-21-17, 11:22 AM   #9101
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

^ Thanks. I picked up some eShop credit for our family Christmas present, a Switch.
Already have the four games I wanted (Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms) but figure I will likely use some credit on something next year.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 12-21-17, 11:30 AM   #9102
Deftones
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Also, for those who don't check CAG : Heads-up that this week at Target, in-store only, all Video Game Gift cards (i.e. Xbox Live, Xbox store credit, PS Plus, PSN store, Nintendo Eshop, Steam) are Buy 1, Get 1 25% off. That's a 12.5% savings -- about the best deal you will find on PSN or eShop credit all year. I plan to stock up a bit.
I assume that will stack with the 5% red card discount, right?
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

"You are everything that's wrong with this forum".---SleepyW
Old 12-21-17, 11:32 AM   #9103
fujishig
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
I assume that will stack with the 5% red card discount, right?
I doubt it, you can't buy gift cards or prepaid cards with the discount, right?
Old 12-21-17, 11:35 AM   #9104
fujishig
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
^ Thanks. I picked up some eShop credit for our family Christmas present, a Switch.
Already have the four games I wanted (Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms) but figure I will likely use some credit on something next year.
I don't remember if you bought a memory card, but take a look at the eshop deals, there are some discounts on some pretty good games (I just bought Overcooked, Rocket League, and Steamworld Dig the other day).
Old 12-21-17, 11:39 AM   #9105
Deftones
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
I doubt it, you can't buy gift cards or prepaid cards with the discount, right?
Yes you can. Wife and I bought $1200 in Disney gift cards in October for a Disneyland trip.
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

Old 12-21-17, 04:01 PM   #9106
PerryD
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have $400 worth of Target Gift Cards that I bought at 10% discount a couple weeks ago, so I can use some of that to purchase the PSN/eShop cards, so should be able to stack the discount there.
Old 12-21-17, 07:36 PM   #9107
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

Destiny 2 + both expansions are $32 at Gamestop

https://m.gamestop.com/product/ps4/g...network/156556

Can't believe this was $100 a few months ago
Old 12-21-17, 09:09 PM   #9108
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

^ apparently on Xbox One, the redemption code for the expansion MAY be a $35 gift card instead of the actual expansion. YMMV, of course...
Old 12-22-17, 08:40 AM   #9109
cleaver
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
^ apparently on Xbox One, the redemption code for the expansion MAY be a $35 gift card instead of the actual expansion. YMMV, of course...
Mine was a gift card.
Old 12-22-17, 08:46 AM   #9110
Jay G.
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
So you could buy the game, redeem the gift card, and trade back in the game for $12, essentially getting a $35 gift card for $20.
Old 12-23-17, 06:06 PM   #9111
PerryD

My friend wasn't able to add funds for 3 of 4 PSN cards purchased at Target. I failed 1 of 2 eShop cards. For both of us, it detects the right value, but get an error when adding it. On the Switch, I get error code 2813-6838 and try again later.

I also bought a pair of PSN cards too. Hopefully I'll have better luck with those.
Old 12-23-17, 06:20 PM   #9112
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
My friend wasn't able to add funds for 3 of 4 PSN cards purchased at Target. I failed 1 of 2 eShop cards. For both of us, it detects the right value, but get an error when adding it. On the Switch, I get error code 2813-6838 and try again later.

I also bought a pair of PSN cards too. Hopefully I'll have better luck with those.
There is a maximum amount of $150 that can be added to your PSN wallet
Old 12-23-17, 08:32 PM   #9113
PerryD

Got an error on 1 of 2 of my PSN cards... when I go to add the funds I get "The prepaid card could not be redeemed. Please try again later." which is very similar to the error message on the one that failed in the eShop on the Switch.

Pretty high failure rate between me and my friend (5 of 8). We purchased them at different Targets.

Since I'm in a hurry, I bought a couple eshop cards from ebay using the link provided in this thread. Both codes worked fine. Got Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, and Mario Bros preloaded, and the Switch is fully charged and wrapped. I'm not sure Target will take the cards back, may have to work directly with Sony and Nintendo.
Old 12-30-17, 10:57 AM   #9114
Deftones
DVD Talk God

Newegg has Xbox Live digital code for $49.99. Rings up at $59.99 and you can input code EMCBCDR47 to get $10. I just bought one, not realizing I had already re-upped my sub back in August.

Old 01-11-18, 12:42 PM   #9115
Apollo

Rakutan has the 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership Card for $42 + Free shipping. If you have any Rakutan point it's even cheaper.
Old 01-14-18, 04:54 PM   #9116
EinCB

Video game sale going on at Best Buy; maybe those who got the savings codes could pick up something for really cheap:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...t1487699281907
Old 01-18-18, 07:13 AM   #9117
darkdaze73
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazon currently has a promo running where you can purchase 3 months of Xbox Live for $14.99 and at the final checkout page it will state that "your offer qualify for an extra 3 months of Xbox Live Gold".

You should receive 2 emails with separate codes and it will only work once per account. According to SD, if you buy more than one you will need to contact Amazon to get the second set of codes.
Old 01-18-18, 07:49 AM   #9118
Deftones
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
Amazon currently has a promo running where you can purchase 3 months of Xbox Live for $14.99 and at the final checkout page it will state that "your offer qualify for an extra 3 months of Xbox Live Gold".

You should receive 2 emails with separate codes and it will only work once per account. According to SD, if you buy more than one you will need to contact Amazon to get the second set of codes.
I just did this. Still waiting for my 2nd code. Hopefully it shows up, otherwise I'm gonna be pissed.

Old 01-18-18, 07:51 AM   #9119
Music
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
I just did this. Still waiting for my 2nd code. Hopefully it shows up, otherwise I'm gonna be pissed.
Same...
Old 01-18-18, 08:18 AM   #9120
Deftones
DVD Talk God

Still hasn't shown up. People on SD are saying the deal is dead. I'm still showing the promo on the page, so if it doesn't show up in an hour or so, I'm contacting them via chat so I can show them the screen shot.

Old 01-18-18, 08:32 AM   #9121
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

I placed orders from three different Amazon accounts and got six codes. 18 months for $45. Easily the best deal I've seen for XBL.
Old 01-18-18, 08:33 AM   #9122
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

Evil Within 2 is an Amazon DOTD. PS4/XB1/PC versions are $19.99.
Old 01-18-18, 08:59 AM   #9123
Deftones
DVD Talk God

I just contacted Amazon chat about the Live code. This is what she said:
Quote:
Thanks for waiting, I've checked with my technical team and we have an ongoing issue, the additional code will be sent to your email address within 24 hours. In this case, I request you to wait for 24 hours.
Please be assured that the issue will be resolved soon, we are working on high priority to resolve the issue.
Someone on CAG said he was told it would be a couple of hours. I guess they just got slammed with this, so they are working through it.

Old 01-18-18, 09:56 AM   #9124
darkdaze73
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry guys, I posted it here after seeing it over on SD and trying it myself to make sure it was still working. Too many ppl over there trying to get more than one per account more than likely killed it earlier than it should have.
Old 01-18-18, 04:35 PM   #9125
Deftones
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
Sorry guys, I posted it here after seeing it over on SD and trying it myself to make sure it was still working. Too many ppl over there trying to get more than one per account more than likely killed it earlier than it should have.
You don't need to be sorry for anything.

I just got this email:
Quote:
Hello,

Greetings!

I'm following up on the previous chat correspondence.

First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you thus far. I do understand how frustrating this must have been to you. We value our customers' trust above all else--it is the foundation upon which Amazon.com was built.

I'd like to inform you that I've received a correspondence from our technical team and I'm sorry to inform you that due to a technical glitch two promotions got stacked on the same item, one promotion was to buy the item for $14.99 and the second promotion was BOGO at a price of $24.99.

I've checked and see that you were charged $14.99 ( discounted price ) and this is the reason why you haven't received an additional code.

In this case, if you wish to cancel and wish for a refund for the order, let us know we will assist you accordingly.

We would never want to disappoint a valued customer like you and we always endeavor to assist our customer with the best of our service so we can ensure that we fulfill all of their needs, however sometimes we fail to do so due to factors out of our control.

We are trying very hard to establish ourselves as a successful online digital store and can assure you of numerous changes in very near future which will enable us to achieve our goal and Customer feedback like yours is very important in helping us continue to improve our website and services.

We respect your loyalty towards Amazon.com as a customer and are glad that you’ve taken time to let us know about the areas for future improvements in our service and hence I’d like to request you give us a chance to provide you the experience that you’ve always expected from Amazon.com.
I already used the code. I am talking to their CSR on chat now to see what they will do.

Edit: I got a refund. So basically I got 3 months of Live for free.

Last edited by Deftones; 01-18-18 at 04:51 PM..