Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Video Game Deals Thread

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Trevor
Print Wikipost

The Video Game Deals Thread

Old 11-18-15, 01:12 PM
  #7476  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N. Carolina
Posts: 2,096
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Picked up Lego Dimensions and Skylanders Superchargers for around $75 after pm, Cartwheel coupon, 10% off $50 text coupon and 5% Rx rewards coupon
Old 11-18-15, 03:26 PM
  #7477  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Spiderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 16,784
Received 1,279 Likes on 785 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
Pretty good deal on the Lego Dimensions game at Target today. Wasn't gonna get it (don't need more figures) but my daughter likes the marvel and dc lego games so hopefully she likes this. Will save it for Christmas.

Amazon price is 84.99. There is a 35% off lego dimensions cartwheel coupon. There is a 10% off toys to life coupon in toy catalog or you can text GAMER to 827438. Credit to CAG.

PMd amazon price of 84.99.
35% off cartwheel coupon made it $55.24
10% off toy coupon (took off $8.50 from the $84.99 price) made it $46.74
5% redcard off of the $46.74 made total $44.40

prettty good for retail of $100. Haven't seen any BF deals near this low.
Just want to say thanks dude! Worked like a charm and out the door for around 45 buck with tax. Thanks again. My kid will be very happy!
Old 11-18-15, 03:50 PM
  #7478  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 8,945
Received 126 Likes on 114 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Gamefly has both The Witcher: Wild Hunt and Batman: Arkham Knight...for $25.00+FS

http://slickdeals.net/f/8267749-the-...?src=catpagev2
Old 11-18-15, 05:09 PM
  #7479  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Lake Ridge, VA
Posts: 6,517
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Target price matched the Xbox 360 version at Amazon for $79 and then let me use both Cartwheel and the text coupon, so less than $44 for it.
Old 11-18-15, 05:36 PM
  #7480  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,082
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Get a PS4 or Xbox One for $300 on Black Friday from Amazon.com.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/get...aign=hub_forum
Old 11-19-15, 12:53 AM
  #7481  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 77,849
Received 6,651 Likes on 4,542 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Got Lego Dimensions for $47 + tax. No Jedi Mind Trick required, they were more than happy to PM Amazon then add two coupons, odd as that seems. Thanks for the heads up Sooner Doc.
Old 11-19-15, 08:59 AM
  #7482  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 1,501
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Just want to say thanks dude! Worked like a charm and out the door for around 45 buck with tax. Thanks again. My kid will be very happy!
Glad it worked for you!

Originally Posted by Decker
Got Lego Dimensions for $47 + tax. No Jedi Mind Trick required, they were more than happy to PM Amazon then add two coupons, odd as that seems. Thanks for the heads up Sooner Doc.
You are welcome!
Old 11-19-15, 09:01 AM
  #7483  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 1,501
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Gamefly has both The Witcher: Wild Hunt and Batman: Arkham Knight...for $25.00+FS

http://slickdeals.net/f/8267749-the-...?src=catpagev2
Both of these will be $20 new on BF at Best Buy if you have GCU
Old 11-20-15, 04:34 AM
  #7484  
19K
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: MA
Posts: 1,316
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

It was mentioned a few weeks ago in this thread, but just to reiterate...

GameStop is giving you $100 off a new XB1 or PS4 when you trade in an old 360 or PS3 (120gb or greater). This deal ends Saturday 11/21.

I just went to a local GameStop on Tuesday, and the only new PS4s they had were bundled with Star Wars. So I basically got a brand new PS4 and Star Wars Battlefront + 4 other older Star Wars games that are included in that bundle for a grand total of $249.
Old 11-20-15, 09:45 AM
  #7485  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,107
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Tru.com has skylanders super chargers for $39.99 with a free figure/vehicle today and tomorrow only. Online only.

You may be able to get your local target to pm the price and stack the 45% cartwheel and 10% off coupon.

Last edited by Krayzie; 11-20-15 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-20-15, 11:23 AM
  #7486  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,082
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Buy 1, get 1 40% off of all Wii U, Wii or 3DS games at Toys R' Us for today and tomorrow only.

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index....oryId=11902657
Old 11-20-15, 01:48 PM
  #7487  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Lake Ridge, VA
Posts: 6,517
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by Krayzie
Tru.com has skylanders super chargers for $39.99 with a free figure/vehicle today and tomorrow only. Online only.

You may be able to get your local target to pm the price and stack the 45% cartwheel and 10% off coupon.
That would be fantastic. Off to Target after work.
Old 11-20-15, 03:37 PM
  #7488  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 22,199
Received 325 Likes on 233 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Guitar Hero Live Bundle for PS4 and the One for 69.99 before GCU discount at Best Buy. I just paid right at 60 bucks shipped to my house after taxes. It also includes a free microphone.
Old 11-20-15, 03:49 PM
  #7489  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Lake Ridge, VA
Posts: 6,517
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
That would be fantastic. Off to Target after work.
Nice. The 10% off doesn't work because the price match brings it below the $50 min, and they would not do the free figure, but I got the set for around $22 with Cartwheel.
Old 11-21-15, 06:00 PM
  #7490  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 77,849
Received 6,651 Likes on 4,542 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by Krayzie
Tru.com has skylanders super chargers for $39.99 with a free figure/vehicle today and tomorrow only. Online only.

You may be able to get your local target to pm the price and stack the 45% cartwheel and 10% off coupon.
No go for me. PM or Cartwheel, but not both per their store manager (who was called in for the price override).

No biggie, I went to TRU and got the game + a free vehicle figure for $40 + tax. Maybe $3 more than if I had got Target to do the PM + coupon and bought the figure separately. I can live with that.

Thanks for the heads-up on the deal.
Old 11-21-15, 07:29 PM
  #7491  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,380
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by Decker
No go for me. PM or Cartwheel, but not both per their store manager (who was called in for the price override).

No biggie, I went to TRU and got the game + a free vehicle figure for $40 + tax. Maybe $3 more than if I had got Target to do the PM + coupon and bought the figure separately. I can live with that.

Thanks for the heads-up on the deal.
Yep that is corporate policy, you get them to do that would have been lucky and obviously a YMMV. They just had the other day a 10% for Cartwheel off Ipads and would have loved to have been able to PM WalMart's $199 price for the Ipad2 and then the Cartwheel as well.
Old 11-22-15, 05:36 PM
  #7492  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,082
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

A reminder that Elite and Elite Plus members of Best Buy can start purchasing Black Friday items tomorrow.
Old 11-22-15, 06:25 PM
  #7493  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N. Carolina
Posts: 2,096
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by the General
A reminder that Elite and Elite Plus members of Best Buy can start purchasing Black Friday items tomorrow.
This will be my first time being an Elite member for a BF sale. Can the items I am wanting to be purchase stay in my cart and have the price drop? Or do I just need to start a wishlist/have open tabs with each one ready to add when the sale starts?

Also, about what time to they usually start the sale? I know I read somewhere that it can start around 1am est/12am cst, but does it usually start then or will it be a long night waiting for the sale to start here on the east coast? I am assuming like on BF the number of items offered will be limited, correct?

I may finally make the jump into the next gen of consoles. While I would love to get in on the Dell deal, I know it more than likely won't happen. I am leaning heavily towards the XO 1tb Tomb Raider w/ free controller deal.
Old 11-22-15, 07:14 PM
  #7494  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,082
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
This will be my first time being an Elite member for a BF sale. Can the items I am wanting to be purchase stay in my cart and have the price drop? Or do I just need to start a wishlist/have open tabs with each one ready to add when the sale starts?

Also, about what time to they usually start the sale? I know I read somewhere that it can start around 1am est/12am cst, but does it usually start then or will it be a long night waiting for the sale to start here on the east coast? I am assuming like on BF the number of items offered will be limited, correct?
I am a regular My Best Buy Member. I am not an Elite or Elite Plus member. You have to add whatever items you like to your wish list. Best Buy has temporarily removed the option to save the item to your cart.

I do not know at what time exactly Best Buy will start their sale. I also read it will start around 1 a.m. If you're still in North Carolina, maybe you can stay up until 1 a.m. to see? I also read somewhere that the items are indeed limited.

I suggest you look at this Google Document, thanks to Deader2818 from Cheap Ass Gamer, in order to see the deals Best Buy has during Black Friday.

I hope this info helps!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...pli=1&sle=true
Old 11-22-15, 08:05 PM
  #7495  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,082
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Here's a quote from another DVDTalk poster:

Originally Posted by TheBang
Bestbuy.com confirming hundreds of early access BF Deals tomorrow for Elite members. That means it goes live on the website at about midnight Central time, in about 4 hours.
Old 11-22-15, 09:20 PM
  #7496  
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 29,141
Received 1,998 Likes on 1,316 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

A Best Buy rep said in their forums that they roll out the deals in waves, so you might not see absolutely everything at midnight, but the ball should get rolling around then.
Old 11-22-15, 09:47 PM
  #7497  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N. Carolina
Posts: 2,096
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by the General
I am a regular My Best Buy Member. I am not an Elite or Elite Plus member. You have to add whatever items you like to your wish list. Best Buy has temporarily removed the option to save the item to your cart.

I do not know at what time exactly Best Buy will start their sale. I also read it will start around 1 a.m. If you're still in North Carolina, maybe you can stay up until 1 a.m. to see? I also read somewhere that the items are indeed limited.

I suggest you look at this Google Document, thanks to Deader2818 from Cheap Ass Gamer, in order to see the deals Best Buy has during Black Friday.

I hope this info helps!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...pli=1&sle=true
Thanks.

Still in NC. Just hoping to not have to stay up too late for what I am looking for, which is namely the XO and some games. I have seen that spreadsheet and it has came in really handy to see who has what and at what price.
Old 11-22-15, 09:59 PM
  #7498  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 62,588
Received 945 Likes on 667 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Where can you see your Elite status? I was close last week and spent some this weekend. As of now I'm showing as a regular RZ member. I thought there used to be a little bar chart showing your progress but I'm not seeing it tonight.
Old 11-23-15, 12:11 AM
  #7499  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Maxflier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 13,342
Received 271 Likes on 199 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Just hover over "account" on the left of the cart icon and it will show your status.
Old 11-23-15, 01:03 AM
  #7500  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N. Carolina
Posts: 2,096
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Some prices have started to update and go on sale.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.