DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Trevor
Print Wikipost

The Video Game Deals Thread

Old 10-29-15, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,067 Likes on 846 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Thanks, I'm buying that, looks right up my alley but $50 was a little too steep.
Old 10-29-15, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,682 Likes on 4,561 Posts

Yeah, I think that would be worth $20. Thanks. Although the thought of entering a Wal Mart in November? (shudder)
Old 10-29-15, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Zombie Army Trilogy is also $20 at Walmart for PS4 and XBO.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Zombie-Arm...y-PS4/46007807
Old 10-29-15, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Zombie Army Trilogy is also $20 at Walmart for PS4 and XBO.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Zombie-Arm...y-PS4/46007807
That game is $24.99 on sale currently on the PSN Store. Figuring tax, there isn't much difference there.
Old 10-29-15, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2
Evolve for Xbox One is $4.99 from the Microsoft Store, free shipping.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...NVU2ZgREfGMg)()
Holy shit, this was at my house when I came home tonight! I pay $100.a year for Amazon Two Day shipping and it takes like five days to get most stuff. Here is a dirt cheap game that I have close to zero interest in, and the free shipping is the fastest thing I've ever seen. Figures.
Old 10-29-15, 11:08 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just wanted to say about the Zombie Army trilogy...picked it up to play with my son and friend. It is one hell of a coop game. I am having a blast with it. Basically a third person, sniper focused, Left 4 Dead game. Easily worth every penny. (though I don't think it would near as fun solo)
Old 10-30-15, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 126 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
I just wanted to say about the Zombie Army trilogy...picked it up to play with my son and friend. It is one hell of a coop game. I am having a blast with it. Basically a third person, sniper focused, Left 4 Dead game. Easily worth every penny. (though I don't think it would near as fun solo)

I saw this in the PSN store...how is the "gore & language" in this...keeping in mind if a 8yr old could possibly play this. This is one who has played everything from Skylanders, Plants vs Zombies, Minecraft, Earth Defense Force, Dungeon Defenders and even Diablo
Old 10-30-15, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

For PC Folk: All the Tribes and Earthsiege games are free on their website: http://www.tribesuniverse.com/

Originally Posted by Decker
Holy shit, this was at my house when I came home tonight! I pay $100.a year for Amazon Two Day shipping and it takes like five days to get most stuff. Here is a dirt cheap game that I have close to zero interest in, and the free shipping is the fastest thing I've ever seen. Figures.
I hope you complained to Amazon, I pitch a shit fit anytime something takes longer than what I selected, thankfully I rarely get late packages.
Old 10-30-15, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 233 Posts

For PC Folk: All the Tribes and Earthsiege games are free on their website: http://www.tribesuniverse.com/

I hope you complained to Amazon, I pitch a shit fit anytime something takes longer than what I selected, thankfully I rarely get late packages.
Yep, this and having no minimum purchase for shipping is primarily what we pay for.
Old 10-30-15, 09:00 AM

Well, it's like you order a package on Friday evening, they ship it on Monday and it arrives on Wednesday. They'll still call that "Two-Day Shipping", but we all know that we used to get that same item on Monday.

It's just the kind of half-assed decrease in service we expect to get from them now since they took their awesome shipping service, upped the price and decided to morph it into a Netflix Jr-that-won't-work-on Android-phones service.
Old 10-30-15, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I saw this in the PSN store...how is the "gore & language" in this...keeping in mind if a 8yr old could possibly play this. This is one who has played everything from Skylanders, Plants vs Zombies, Minecraft, Earth Defense Force, Dungeon Defenders and even Diablo
It's Sniper Elite 3 re-skinned. Here's a video review that will give you an idea, Buzz. I play all those games above with my 9-yr old son, but wouldn't dare play this one around him.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FuT4pxudNM8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-30-15, 09:17 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have not noticed any language problems..and the gore is all on zombies..so very much like Left 4 dead. It is graphic since you are blowing the heads off zombies but very cartoony at the same time.

It really is a fantastic coop game.
Old 10-30-15, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for the info and video...I like it and it's a co-op blast. Shame but I'm in for COD:BO III next week. Would like to see who on the PS4 has this; might be a good ride between games. Never tired of killing Zombies, already looking forward to the Dying Light DLC coming first quarter next year.
Old 10-30-15, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, it's like you order a package on Friday evening, they ship it on Monday and it arrives on Wednesday. They'll still call that "Two-Day Shipping", but we all know that we used to get that same item on Monday.

It's just the kind of half-assed decrease in service we expect to get from them now since they took their awesome shipping service, upped the price and decided to morph it into a Netflix Jr-that-won't-work-on Android-phones service.
That's weird, if I order on Saturday it usually ships on Saturday. Also, Prime Instant works on all Android phones now, they just have the app tucked away in Amazon's App Store under Amazon Video. been there for a year now
Old 10-30-15, 12:44 PM

Thanks for the info and video...I like it and it's a co-op blast. Shame but I'm in for COD:BO III next week. Would like to see who on the PS4 has this; might be a good ride between games. Never tired of killing Zombies, already looking forward to the Dying Light DLC coming first quarter next year.
Hell, buzz, I might get it digitally at $25 to help push me past the $100/$15 PSN rebate threshold. I'm not much for online gaming, but I wouldn't mind trying co-op out with you sometime.
Old 10-30-15, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll put the question to some friends online and also here; be great to get I-2 more in the mix...but darn it right a week away from COD. Not sure if you have tried it and since you said all the games I listed ya'll have played but I'll go ahead and promote Dungeon Defenders II. It has split-screen co-op and we normally just play private match but this week I've been in with several public ones and by far it's pretty fun...don't have to worry about cheaters and modders like Diablo. The 8yr old has a blast...it's like Skylanders meets Diablo in a way
Old 10-30-15, 05:22 PM

Go into more depth here : Why do I want to pay $12 or $18 for a Free-To-Play game? What am I getting? Do I need it? Are they just consumables or decorative items?
Old 10-30-15, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 664 Likes on 461 Posts

Go into more depth here : Why do I want to pay $12 or $18 for a Free-To-Play game? What am I getting? Do I need it? Are they just consumables or decorative items?
I assume you're talking about the PS4 version of Dungeon Defenders, and the PS+ prices for the bundles available to buy.

Currently, on PS4, you do have to buy one of the bundles to play the game, as the bundles include the pre-alpha access, which the game currently is in.
http://www.engadget.com/2015/09/21/d...aid-alpha-ps4/

Each pack comes with bonuses, including coins:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...LLDEFENDERSEDT
The Dungeon Defenders II Defender's Pack comes with Pre-Alpha Access, 3000 gems, 4 Exclusive Hero Accessories, and 2 additional Hero Slots (unlocked in a future update).

On Steam, basic Early Access is free, although you can still buy the bundles for the extras.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/236110/
Old 10-31-15, 01:46 AM

Thanks Jay. I'll look into it on Steam.

I still have no idea what that Gem and Accessories shit is or what it's used for though.
Old 10-31-15, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

pre-alpha? WTF are these folks on?
Old 10-31-15, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 664 Likes on 461 Posts

pre-alpha? WTF are these folks on?
It's just a naming thing. The game itself was in a private Alpha for a year before launching on Steam's Early Access. The PS4 build has some differences, but I doubt it's a "true" pre-alpha; reports are that the game is playable.

More likely Sony wanted a name to make sure people knew the game was far from finished, and consoles already use the term "beta" for the free pre-release demo periods of some games. So, probably someone suggested alpha, and a suit didn't think that sounded scary enough, so they went with pre-alpha.
Old 11-01-15, 07:53 PM

The Full, Retail version of Helldivers [Super Earth Edition] (PS4) that has an MSRP of $39.99 is now being sold at Wal Mart for $19.99. This is the full game (which by itself is $19.99 in the PSN Store), all the DLC and the PS4 Dynamic theme (it's a disc game for PS4 version with an included online code to redeem for the PS3 and Vita versions, the DLC and the theme).

It's a really fun co-op twin stick shooter. Has a thriving Multiplayer and I had fun playing couch co-op with my son.

Buzz, if you want I can Game Share this with you sometime to see if you like it.

Here's the inventory checker which shows $19.96 in-store price:

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker

item: 45588886

Here's some info about this version of the title:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...unch-incoming/
Old 11-02-15, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I actually picked up Helldivers (base version) when it came out, was on sale or something like that when a friend got at and a few talked about it but I have yet found anyone to play with...my friend works like six days a week and a new baby plus he's doing Bloodborne and Dragon's Age. I think I did the first two missions and started getting my butt kicked solo. I do like the way Alienation looks and like to see some get that.

And on Dungeon Defenders the "Gems" for now are used for cosmetic stuff. Once-in-a-while during a match you pick up these mini-chests which can be for any of the four characters. You either need a special key or 150 Gems to unlock it which can give you one of four wardrobe pieces....Head, Chest, Legs and character specific. You can also buy pre-made outfits and other stuff. But you don't need them to actually play. For what's worth we played split-screen in public matches. One might get kicked if there are already three in the match and of course you can do private match.

You can create up to six characters but can only carry three in a rotation, meaning you can swap out any three during a match; only between runs. Like Diablo each character has specific abilities and defenses so even with two playing you can have lots of different defensive setups. I's say most seem to understand what needs to be done, very seldom chat and have had a few with a "potty mouth" which the 8yr old had to cover their ears and leave but for the most part it's better than Diablo in the fact you don't have cheaters & mods to deal with.

Last edited by K&AJones; 11-02-15 at 06:46 AM.
Old 11-02-15, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Target B2G1F sale starts Sunday November 8th.
Old 11-02-15, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21
The Target B2G1F sale starts Sunday November 8th.
I'm thinking XB1 Witcher 3, Borderlands Handsome, and Fallout 4...or at least ask my wife nicely to get those for Christmas for me . Fallout wouldn't be exempt because its being released that week right? Just make sure there isn't some fine print I'm not aware of.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.