DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Trevor
Print Wikipost

The Video Game Deals Thread

Old 11-08-13, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,392 Likes on 4,377 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

I haven't gotten my coupon yet. I hope it's not because I just renewed in September.

Max, when did your coupon arrive and what was the heading?
Old 11-08-13, 09:21 AM

Here's the official announcement with Q&A

Gamers Club Unlocked Announcement
[ Edited ]
Options

yesterday - last edited yesterday

Hopefully many of you have heard that we’re currently adding some enhancements to our My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked program. You may have even had a chance to take a look at all of the great benefits that the program offers. If you are an active member or member whose membership may have expired since May 1, 2013, we are providing a coupon to allow you to renew your Unlocked membership for an additional two years for just $30. Here’s how it will work.

Starting today, November 7, 2013, emails began to go out to these current and past members that include the coupon mentioned above. These emails will continue to go out over the next couple of days. To help ensure that all qualifying members are able to enjoy these benefits as soon as possible, we have some great news for you. Anyone whose account has expired since May 1, 2013 or does expire prior to February 10, 2014 will have their membership extended to February 10, 2014 at no cost to you. We’ve provided the answers to some questions you may have below.

Q: How will I receive the coupon to extend my Unlocked membership?
A: The $30 coupon will be sent to the email address associated with your My Best Buy account. These will begin to go out within a couple of days via email, however we realize that some of you have opted out of receiving email communication from us. For those customers, we will be mailing this coupon to your physical address associated with your My Best Buy membership. Mailing these out can take some time, so please be patient. Don't worry, though. We've got your back which is why we're extending your membership to get these benefits to you even sooner.

Q: How can I verify my current My Best Buy enrollment status along with the email and address that is attached to my account?
A: All of this can be done by logging in to your My Best Buy account. Once logged in, use the “My Account” drop-down to view your “Manage Profile” page. You should be able to see the email address and physical address attached to your account under “Address & Contact Information” along with your Gamers Club enrollment status beneath that. You may also make any necessary updates to ensure we have the correct information.

Q: When will I be able to use the benefits of the Gamers Club Unlocked program?
A: Once your My Best Buy account reflects an active Unlocked membership, you’re ready to go! Visit your local store or BestBuy.com to start shopping.

Q: When will my account be updated to reflect the February 10, 2014 expiration date?
A: We are currently working to update these eligible accounts within the next few business days to have it completed in time for both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One launches.

For additional information about the enhancements to our Gamers Club Unlocked program, please follow the link below.

My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Enhancement
Old 11-08-13, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 795 Likes on 384 Posts

I got the coupon yesterday (subject of my email is "We've missed you. Check out the new Gamers Club Unlocked").

My membership expired last month though and I didn't get extended thru Feburary like some of you apparantly did.

EDIT: Looks like from what Decker posted above while I was typing this that I may be extended even though it isn't updated on my rz page yet.
Old 11-08-13, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I got the coupon too, but a couple things don't make sense. My subscription doesn't expire until April, but it mentions February like others here have mentioned. So I guess I'm just kind of screwed out of those extra couple months? Because it says I have to renew the $30 subscription for two years by 12/31.

And it also mentions they are killing the @Gamer mag subscription, but are they still doing the digital one? Or killing it off alltogether?
Old 11-08-13, 09:36 AM

print magazine will be dead for all subscribers December 2013. The digital magazine will also be killed off May 2014.
Old 11-08-13, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 256 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I haven't gotten my coupon yet. I hope it's not because I just renewed in September.

Max, when did your coupon arrive and what was the heading?
Email came through at 4pm yesterday.

"Your new Gamers Club Unlocked benefits"
Old 11-08-13, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Trying to remember whether DVDTalk frowned on BF threads/pricing or not? Just a head's up though but the 1st major retailer has been posted out there in Meijer. Overall the games were not too impressive but I may be getting a certain new "toy" superhero game for the 360 for only $20 from there, unless of course it is cheaper elsewhere which based on last BF very well could happen.
Old 11-08-13, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 925 Likes on 656 Posts

Post away. The gamestop ad is posted somewhere above.
Old 11-08-13, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Trying to remember whether DVDTalk frowned on BF threads/pricing or not? Just a head's up though but the 1st major retailer has been posted out there in Meijer. Overall the games were not too impressive but I may be getting a certain new "toy" superhero game for the 360 for only $20 from there, unless of course it is cheaper elsewhere which based on last BF very well could happen.
Meijer posted the ads on their own website. It wasn't leaked.
http://meijer.shoplocal.com/MeijerSn...jer-131129sspv

Page 4

Last edited by Krayzie; 11-08-13 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-08-13, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,039 Likes on 823 Posts

BF isn't exactly what it used to be.

Hell, Home Depot's technically started today. Bought two adult easy bake ovens.
Old 11-08-13, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait, what?
Old 11-08-13, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,039 Likes on 823 Posts

I'm insanely bored at work, like insanely so, don't expect much logic from any of my posts.
Old 11-08-13, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 219 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Krayzie

Page 4
Nice to see Arkham Origins half off, though I'm on the fence whether to buy it or wait until I've made my way through my initial wave of PS4 games and hope it's cheaper then.
Old 11-08-13, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Boy I'm shocked that a Need For Speed game is half off on Black Friday. Shocked.
Old 11-08-13, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,582 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Boy I'm shocked that a Need For Speed game is half off on Black Friday. Shocked.
I'm surprised Assassin's Creed isn't 20 bucks yet.
Old 11-08-13, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Krayzie

Page 4
Oh my. Basically telling anyone who is at least savvy enough to see it, don't buy anything we have right now and wait until then if you want it from this ad.
Old 11-08-13, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,271 Likes on 848 Posts

Crazy deal at Future Shop (and apparently Best Buy too) in Canada:

You may have read about an unbelieveable trade-in offer available at Future Shop this weekend through Monday, November 11, 2013. It's true. Beginning Saturday, November 9 until close of business on Monday, November 11, 2013, Future Shop stores across the country are offering free copies on three of this season's hottest current generation console titles:
Assassin's Creed IV
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts

Here's how it works:
- Trade ANY one game on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, WiiU, PS Vita or Nintendo 3DS and get a FREE copy of Assassin's Creed IV, Battlefield 4 or Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360, PS3 WiiU versions only, excludes next generation consoles - PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Regular $59.99 versions only).

- That's right, bring-in any game title on the present-gen console or handheld and you get one of three of the holiday's hottest titles for free. Limit one title per customer per day - games must include cases - and no duplicates accepted.

- Of course there some legal limitations in some markets. Future Shop stores in Nanaimo, Kelowna, Manitoba, Vaughan and Richmond Hill are excluded due to local trade in laws.
http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/Te...-s/ba-p/462111
Old 11-08-13, 05:09 PM

Wow! That almost makes me want to live in Canada. Almost.

And why exclude the poor folks in Kelowna? Haven't they suffered enough?
Old 11-08-13, 06:31 PM

Is there anything stopping Americans who live close to the border from taking advantage of this? Even with the hassle of crossing the border it's kinda tempting to grab a POS like say "Truth or Lies" off my shelf and come back with Assassin's Creed IV.
Old 11-08-13, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,376 Likes on 937 Posts

they may require some identification on trade ins, like many places here do.
Old 11-08-13, 06:42 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Is there anything stopping Americans who live close to the border from taking advantage of this? Even with the hassle of crossing the border it's kinda tempting to grab a POS like say "Truth or Lies" off my shelf and come back with Assassin's Creed IV.
I wonder how many Future Shops are in the Windsor area. I'm tempted as well to go over there tomorrow. I'd gladly take Assassin's Creed IV or CoD... If there are two, and its one per person per store, I'd go to two to get both games..

Hmmm... have to seriously think about it to see if I can get it done before having to go downtown to a concert tomorrow night.
Old 11-08-13, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
I wonder how many Future Shops are in the Windsor area. I'm tempted as well to go over there tomorrow. I'd gladly take Assassin's Creed IV or CoD... If there are two, and its one per person per store, I'd go to two to get both games..

Hmmm... have to seriously think about it to see if I can get it done before having to go downtown to a concert tomorrow night.
I looked it up already, the store locator on their website is a real POS, as despite the fact that I chose Windsor, the first match it showed me was in Brampton (near Toronto). Anyway, it appears there's only one store in Windsor proper (or anywhere nearby).
Old 11-08-13, 06:47 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah. I'm finding that out as well..

It says that the trade in deal is one per person per day. But doesn't say if that's per store.. Or if they have your info in their system and they check. I couldn't find anything regarding having to be a Canadian citizen. I haven't been across the border in years, but I recall there being one near the mall thats just a little north of Windsor off the 404 or 402 or whatever the close highway is.
Old 11-08-13, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts

If only you knew a Canadian...
Old 11-08-13, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
They will be giving that $30 for 2 years offer to all current members as well as those whose memberships expired in the past six months.
Typical BestBuy, issues getting it to work and they had to call the helpdesk in order for the discount to apply...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.