DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   iPhone/iPod Touch App Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/546205-iphone-ipod-touch-app-talk.html)

xmiyux 09-17-16 06:10 PM

Re: iPhone/iPod Touch App Talk

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 12900222)
Anyone play Puzzle Craft 2? I'm on Windows Phone but I doubt I'd get much traction bumping that thread.

I poured dozens upon dozens of hour into the first game but wasn't sure if I could get into a sequel. Here I am two months later still playing PC2 or at least booting it up for in-game items daily. I just wrapped up my fourth village (although the achievement hasn't popped) and taking a few days break before moving on to start #5.

The game is even more addictive than the first game with all the new items, challenges, different terrain (ocean & sailing!).

Highly recommended!

I hadn't known it was out. Just downloaded it and I imagine it will hook me for a while. Thanks for mentioning it!

Michael Corvin 09-17-16 10:31 PM

:lol:

Being on Windows Phone I just assmed the iOS crowd got it six-nine months ago. So I figured I was late to the party.

Michael Corvin 02-23-17 10:52 PM

Need some help remembering a game, figured maybe one of you guys could help. I've been through my download history and am coming up empty.

- It's a path drawing game
- you connect bubbles with math equations in them (+1, -2, ÷3, x2, etc)
- the more you add or multiply the bubbles merge and get bigger. Divide or subtract and they split or get smaller.
- the bigger the bubble the slower it moves on screen, smaller bubbles move faster
- the number value couldn't get higher than a certain value (I want to say 7) or you'd lose
- I think there were some items you could unlock, but not 100% on that

So who's got the hook-up?

edstein 02-24-17 05:46 PM

Super 7

Michael Corvin 02-24-17 09:19 PM

edstein, you are the bomb.

Looks like it was yanked from the Windows phone store(and why it wasn't in my download history). :sad:

fujishig 09-30-17 06:36 PM

So the 32 bit culling has made me hesitant to upgrade to iOS 11, mainly because of the CAVE schmups. This may sound really dumb but for the first time I'm considering switching to android because a lot of what tied me to iOS are all the games I bought over the years.

joeblow69 09-30-17 08:36 PM

My game Rocket Dots is available now ... it's an old school puzzle kind of game. And it's free! :D

SunMonkey 09-30-17 09:08 PM

Did Apple stop doing their free app of the week?

Trevor 10-02-17 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by joeblow69 (Post 13169133)
My game Rocket Dots is available now ... it's an old school puzzle kind of game. And it's free! :D

Thanks Joe. Stuck on level four already, I need to think a bit harder here....

Originally Posted by SunMonkey (Post 13169152)
Did Apple stop doing their free app of the week?

Pretty sure it's been gone the last few times I've looked.

Trevor 04-10-18 06:16 AM

If you’re an App Store buyer now is a good time to stock up on iTunes $.

Originally Posted by TheBigDave (Post 13307411)
$100 iTunes GC for $85 at eBay (Paypal Gifts)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-App-Sto...y/253541129897

Thanks Dave! Ebay just sent out their ebay bucks, so this is a good opportunity to not forget to use those up.

mattysemo247 12-10-18 06:19 PM

Some very odd news today, Epic pulled all three Infinity Blade games from the IOS store. I remember these being the showcase for phone games for quite some time.

https://www.epicgames.com/infinitybl...y-says-goodbye

SunMonkey 12-10-18 06:43 PM

Could it be related to Apple Inc. v. Pepper, No. 17-204 and the nascent Epic Games store?

mattysemo247 12-10-18 09:17 PM

The Epic store is PC only once it launches, correct? I'm not sure how that would impact sales for an IOS game, but maybe?

SunMonkey 12-10-18 09:37 PM

Maybe if the upcoming SC ruling breaks the App Store monopoly on iOS devices, then Epic starts selling apps on their site, too? I don’t know; I just happened to read about all three today and the possible connection stood out to me. :shrug:

Michael Corvin 04-02-19 06:36 PM

So...late to the party, I just got my first ipad. It's an oldie but still works decent(maxed out at iOS 10.3 so Hulu won't run :sad:). I'm going on a work trip in a few weeks, so I need some recommendations.

I'm probably gonna finally check out Mario Run($10? Ouch). I grabbed the basics like Tetris Blitz & Peggle Blast and a couple other puzzle games. I prefer simple single player games. Not really into the Clash of Kingdom Swords: Destiny of Clan Heroes (substitute any generic game title) genre. Not into Candy Crush/Toon Blast nonsense either.

What else should I check out? Any killer/must have apps?

The Cow 04-02-19 07:08 PM

^^ You can install an older version of Hulu and it will work (except the live TV service, if you have that). We had to do that on one of our older iPads, I can't remember the trick to do it off the top of my head, but it wasn't hard to do (didn't need a jailbreak or anything like that).

ddrknghtrtns 04-02-19 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 13527009)
So...late to the party, I just got my first ipad. It's an oldie but still works decent(maxed out at iOS 10.3 so Hulu won't run :sad:). I'm going on a work trip in a few weeks, so I need some recommendations.

I'm probably gonna finally check out Mario Run($10? Ouch). I grabbed the basics like Tetris Blitz & Peggle Blast and a couple other puzzle games. I prefer simple single player games. Not really into the Clash of Kingdom Swords: Destiny of Clan Heroes (substitute any generic game title) genre. Not into Candy Crush/Toon Blast nonsense either.

What else should I check out? Any killer/must have apps?

For starters, try Monument Valley 1 & 2 , Alto's Adventure and Alto's Odyssey.

davidh777 04-03-19 12:02 AM

Plants vs Zombies and Kingdom Rush if you like tower defense stuff.

Michael Corvin 04-03-19 04:02 PM

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Monument Valley & Alto look cool. Gonna have to look into the Hulu hack. Not really into tower defense.

MeridithHartt 04-13-19 04:31 AM

I am impressed with the following iPhone gaming apps:

Alto's Adventure
Donut Country
Into the Dead 2
The Witness
The Machines

ddrknghtrtns 04-13-19 01:35 PM

Lara Croft Go is another game I reccomend. Found out Thomas Was Alone is available, but I would check the reviews to make sure it is not buggy like the Android version.

Michael Corvin 04-13-19 05:42 PM

Played plenty of Lara Croft on my old Windows Phone. I forgot all about that one. That was solid.