Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-09, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe

The secret is I may have an extra code for you, too.
Old 06-12-09, 09:01 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by TLwizard

The secret is I may have an extra code for you, too.

that'll be great, but if not, I understand...
Old 06-12-09, 09:11 PM

that'll be great, but if not, I understand...
I have a buddy in Atlanta who wanted one but was gonna try to get one through the 1up stuff. So if he doesn't end up needing it, it'll go to you (unless someone else gets an unneeded one first.)

These things are going for $20 on ebay. It's crazy.

I'll let you know tomorrow, if that's cool.
Old 06-12-09, 09:16 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

yep, thanks... drop me a line tomorrow and let me know. no worries, and thanks for trying
Old 06-12-09, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TLwizard
PM sent.
Got it. Thanks.
Old 06-14-09, 03:32 PM

yep, thanks... drop me a line tomorrow and let me know. no worries, and thanks for trying
PM sent.
Old 06-14-09, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got on for a minute today to play some coop...just long enough to get grenaded by my own teammate, who then bailed.

I love playing with random online people.
Old 06-14-09, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I decided to use my code.. It is quite fun I must say, much more so than I expected.
Old 06-15-09, 04:02 PM

I don't know if anyone is still looking for codes but http://playstation.joystiq.com is handing out 300 during the day today. They're posting the codes live, so you gotta refresh and have your PSN Account Management/Redeem Code page ready to go (https://store.playstation.com/login.gvm)
Old 06-26-09, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw this over at Comingsoon.net and thought it was pretty cool:

"Columbia Pictures is developing action-adventure video game "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" for a feature film, setting Kyle Ward to write the adaptation that would be produced by Avi Arad, Charles Roven, Ari Arad and Alex Gartner.

The Hollywood Reporter says the story follows a descendent of explorer Sir Francis Drake, a treasure hunter named Nate Drake who believes he has learned the whereabouts of El Dorado, the fabled South American golden city, from a cursed golden statue. The search becomes competitive when a rival hunter joins the fray, then is racheted up several notches when creatures -- actually mutated descendants of Spaniards and Nazis -- begin attacking those hoping to learn the treasure's true secrets.

The game, from Sony Computer Entertainment, sold 1 million copies in the first 10 weeks of its release at the end of 2007."

I always thought this game would make a really cool movie.
Old 06-26-09, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Oh so they are going forward with this after all. I remember when Avi Arad first mentioned it and then word of the movie seemed to instantly die. Hopefully they get the core cast of the game as the leads in the movie. They already look like their respective characters (particularly Nolan North).
Old 06-26-09, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Oh so they are going forward with this after all. I remember when Avi Arad first mentioned it and then word of the movie seemed to instantly die. Hopefully they get the core cast of the game as the leads in the movie. They already look like their respective characters (particularly Nolan North).
IMHO, there is only one man born to play Nathan Drake. This man is Nathan Fillion.
Old 06-27-09, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by chase3001
IMHO, there is only one man born to play Nathan Drake. This man is Nathan Fillion.
A little burlier than Nate, but a great choice.
Old 06-28-09, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes. This.
Old 06-28-09, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I did indeed think of Nathan Fillion all the while I was playing Uncharted. However, Nolan North already looks the part and he is Nate Drake in the game so I see no reason not to make him so in the movie. Either one is great in my book.
Old 06-29-09, 01:11 AM

Nathan Fillion is a little too old for Drake imo.
Old 06-30-09, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

some great info from the Naughty Dog/Uncharted 2 chat going on now

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...h-naughty-dog/

The single player campaign is definitely going to be longer than Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. We have over 90 minutes of cinematics alone! And of course we have the competitve and co-op multiplayer modes too!
The Beta was a huge success. Thanks to everybody who took part. We got a lot of great feedback on the forums that's going to make the final game play much better. We've already implemented a ton of the features that were requested and we have a lot of new game modes, maps, and boosters that we're looking forward to showing off soon.
We still haven't announced our release date. So for now it's still "Fall", but I assure you that an official date will be announced very soon.
may not be accurate but just an fyi ... my Amazon preorder was most recently updated to show a Estimated arrival date: October 06 2009

We are only supporting online multiplayer. We didn't want to comprimise the visuals going from single player to multiplayer and to include a split screen option at this time would have meant making that sacrifice.
Our entire combat and enemy system has been revamped for this game which includes our hand to hand melee. We now have classes of enemies that will change the way in which you have to approach them. The lightest classes of enemy will allow you to perform hand to hand combat much the same way it was in UF, but the medium classes enemies will counter your attacks requiring you to dodge before you can finish them off. Then the heaviest class of enemies won't let you melee them at all!
Yes, we're going to have another multiplayer demo before the game hits shelves. The exact timing isn't finalized yet, but it should be available to an even wider group this time, so if you missed the last one I don't think you'll have any problem getting in this one.
We haven't announced all of the multiplayer modes yet, but I can tell you that you have several more competitive modes than we tested in the beta and at least 2 more cooperative modes (that are actually some of my favorite). We also have variations on all the competitivemodes that focus on specific kinds of weapons. And of course our Cinema mode allows you to play back any of your matches and view it from ANY angle. You'll also be able to upload those recordings so others can download them and view them on their PS3's. You'll also be able to upload screenshots from that mode as well.
Nate does a little more globe-trotting in this game than in Uncharted 1, so there's a wider variety of environments. Everything from urban areas, ancient temples, jungle swamps to snowy and icy locales. Nate's journey takes him from Turkey to Borneo, up to Nepal and into Tibet and the Himalayas.
We're using a variety of rendering techniques (several mentioned in my last answer ) to give our snow and ice a realistic look. Drake and the enemies will leave footprints in the snow with 3D clumps that build up around their feet, and it even has gameplay implications when the weather really whips up and visibility becomes an issue.
We're very fortunate to have a great group of first party developers within Sony that we're able to collaborate with. We're frequently exchanging technical ideas and even share some code from time to time. We've even posted the entire source code of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to Sony's internal severers so that any first party developer can look through it, or borrow from it... and we plan on doing the same thing when Uncharted 2 ships. We also have a group of programmers here at Naughty Dog called the ICE team. They've been busy writing highly optimized code for the PS3 for the last 5+ years, and that code has been shared externally with the PS3 dev community in the form of the EDGE libraries. So, in short, yes we share our tech

Last edited by musick; 06-30-09 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-02-09, 03:57 PM

Just saw that if you pre-order at Best Buy you get gold weapons (a la Gears of War 2).

Game crazy is offering an in-game bonus item, but they don't say what it is.

And then Gamestop is offering the demo (hahahaha) and Amazon is offering the treasure map of all the treasures.
Old 07-02-09, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

We have over 90 minutes of cinematics alone!
Hmm... Let's hope those are as well spaced as they were in the first game. Uncharted made you feel like you were in a movie rather than watching one (:cough:Metal Gear Solid series:cough: ).

Last edited by RocShemp; 07-02-09 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-02-09, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Out of curiosity, I checked the cutscenes of Uncharted. They run 57 minutes sans credits. 62 if you count the end credits. So I guess 90 minutes isn't too bad. I just hope they don't feel the need to make the cutscenes longer with each instalment. I don't want this franchise to go the way of Metal Gear SOLID.

Last edited by RocShemp; 07-02-09 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-02-09, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

so just to be clear you don't want the cutscenes to go the way of MGS
Old 07-02-09, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah. How'd you guess?
Old 07-02-09, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had to keep sitting through reading it in your posts when all I wanted was the post to end
Old 07-02-09, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You had to press pause and then select skip.
Old 07-04-09, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
may not be accurate but just an fyi ... my Amazon preorder was most recently updated to show a Estimated arrival date: October 06 2009

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.