Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Old 10-15-09, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Originally Posted by steebo777
I was laughing pretty hard at this part. Sharp writing so far.
Old 10-15-09, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 219 Likes on 131 Posts

Finished my first play through this afternoon. I really only had two gripes when playing. There are a handful of spots where you can't interact with things in the environment in the way you should be able to. If Drake can jump up and climb onto things that are eight feet tall, there shouldn't be times when I can't get onto a three foot high rock. And it's really annoying when you keep trying to jump to a ledge and falling to your death and it turns out you're supposed to shimmy out onto it and then drop down. If I can do something in one section of the game, I should be able to do it in others. The other big gripe is the boss battle halfway through. I died over fifty times on him and when I beat him, it was doing the exact same thing I did every other time. It's just really cheap with the one-hit kills and was about enough to cause me to power down the PS3 and pop in Brutal Legend on 360. Anyway, the script, acting, graphics and vast majority of the gameplay are impeccable and it's a damn good game, but I'd still say it's second to Batman for 2009.
Old 10-15-09, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so, if I have a friend over, only one of us can play at one time....correct? I guess since there's no split screen, it's single player unless online. Any clarification?
Old 10-15-09, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RichC2
Many aspects are so linear that you don't even have to know what you're looking for, the game will direct you to the ledge, item, or lever.
I agree with you there. I turned off the hints options in the menu hoping that I might have to figure out a few of those things on my own. I haven't played enough since then to see how much difference it makes. Still, I'm enjoying the game overall and definitely have no regrets about the purchase.
Old 10-16-09, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
so, if I have a friend over, only one of us can play at one time....correct? I guess since there's no split screen, it's single player unless online. Any clarification?
No clarification needed, you stated all the facts.
Old 10-16-09, 10:07 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
If I never hear "Head for the fountain" again I'll be happy.
I'm with your brother

Last edited by Mok; 10-17-09 at 05:20 AM.
Old 10-16-09, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,701 Likes on 4,571 Posts

Those who preordered from Amazon, check your email. My treasure map code arrived today.

edit: It's a 773 MB file? A video walkthrough? WTF! Can someone please send Amazon a dictionary so that they can look up the definition of the word "map"?

Last edited by Decker; 10-16-09 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-17-09, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
Those who preordered from Amazon, check your email. My treasure map code arrived today.

edit: It's a 773 MB file? A video walkthrough? WTF! Can someone please send Amazon a dictionary so that they can look up the definition of the word "map"?
Yeah, it's pretty shitty

773 megs for a video walkthrough on how to find 6, yes 6 of the fucking 100 treasures. Waste of time imo
Old 10-17-09, 01:30 AM

They only show 6 of the treasures? They don't show how to find all of them?
Old 10-17-09, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Yeah, it's pretty shitty

773 megs for a video walkthrough on how to find 6, yes 6 of the fucking 100 treasures. Waste of time imo
I hadn't watched it yet. That goes without saying since it'll take half the night to download a file that big off PSN. That's extra-shitty. I'm half-tempted to call Amazon and complain. They advertised a preorder bonus of a Treasure map. To give a video walkthrough of 6% of the treasures is a pretty huge misrepresentation of the preorder bonus.
Old 10-17-09, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TLwizard
They only show 6 of the treasures? They don't show how to find all of them?
Nope just the first 6 from the first 2 stages

Originally Posted by Decker
I hadn't watched it yet. That goes without saying since it'll take half the night to download a file that big off PSN. That's extra-shitty. I'm half-tempted to call Amazon and complain. They advertised a preorder bonus of a Treasure map. To give a video walkthrough of 6% of the treasures is a pretty huge misrepresentation of the preorder bonus.
To be fair it probably wasn't their fault. It was probably Naughty Dog that misrepresented it to them.
Old 10-17-09, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,088 Likes on 895 Posts

That does sound underwhelming (haven't DL'd mine yet), but I agree they were probably just repeating what Naughty Dog told them
Old 10-17-09, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I just finished on Hard. Phenomenal game... I don't know if I'd be able to take it on Crushing difficulty though! There were several scenes I had to play through many times before I got through. "Head for the fountain" indeed! Great ending too, I was LOL.
Old 10-17-09, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm at the very end of the game, final battle.

I hate that it's already pretty much over.
Old 10-18-09, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Good thing the multiplayer is fun!
Old 10-18-09, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I just beat it. My final time was 11:13:40.

I hate that the story is already over.
Old 10-18-09, 01:50 PM

What's your overall impression? Really great all the way through or does it let up a little at the end like Kotaku implied?
Old 10-18-09, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought it was great from start to finish. There is only one problem I had with it (vague spoilers)...

Spoiler:
I thought the main battle at the end was something of a letdown. I spent most of the time running in circles than fighting man on man, I didn't like that all that much, but the payoff was well worth it. I loved, loved, loved how after winning the final battle the game isn't totally over and you're still in store for another breathtaking scene with you in control.

It was pretty much breathtaking all the way through. I love the characters in this series more than most film franchises anytime recently. I would play Uncharted 3 right now if I could. I hope to God something high quality, because this franchise deserves it.
Old 10-18-09, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L
I thought it was great from start to finish. There is only one problem I had with it (vague spoilers)...

Spoiler:
I thought the main battle at the end was something of a letdown. I spent most of the time running in circles than fighting man on man, I didn't like that all that much, but the payoff was well worth it. I loved, loved, loved how after winning the final battle the game isn't totally over and you're still in store for another breathtaking scene with you in control.

It was pretty much breathtaking all the way through. I love the characters in this series more than most film franchises anytime recently. I would play Uncharted 3 right now if I could. I hope to God something high quality, because this franchise deserves it.
Completely agree.

Spoiler:
The final battle was the closest thing to a "disappointment" in the game. The game brilliantly mixes gunplay, melee, stealth and strategy, then the final fight is just running around in a circle, waiting to get a lucky shot.

I'm sorry it's over, though. I guess I'm what you call a casual gamer, and I think this is the fastest I've ever gone through a game; finished it all in four or five sittings. I spent waaaaay more of my weekend than I want to admit playing a video game.
Old 10-18-09, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rmorgan
I guess I'm what you call a casual gamer, and I think this is the fastest I've ever gone through a game; finished it all in four or five sittings. I spent waaaaay more of my weekend than I want to admit playing a video game.
I'm also a very casual gamer, and like the first game, I feel this is much more geared towards a broad base instead of hardcore gamers. I have enjoyed it more since I turned off the hints, making it a bit more puzzling, but it still doesn't feel that hard yet (about 30% through). There are points where I'm almost wondering if it's using some sort of "rubber-banding" in the gunfights. I feel like I'm making it through on the third or fourth try without really doing anything differently. It could just be my perception - I'm just saying. Regardless - the game is a blast, and it reminds me of the pure fun I used to have when I played games on my Commodore 64 about 25 years ago.
Old 10-18-09, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

finished my first play through tonight
best game ever!!!!!
the bar has been set awfully high for God Of War III
Old 10-18-09, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ha, if you guys are disappointed in the final fight don't bother playing the first game.
Old 10-18-09, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought the final fight in the first game was way better. Maybe not the overall ending was better, but the final battle...yes.
Old 10-18-09, 11:53 PM

My favorite game is Metal Gear Solid IV, more specifically Metal Gear Online. Would you guys say the story mode and online multi-player modes of Uncharted 2 are similar? I'm considering purchasing this game.
Old 10-19-09, 07:10 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by steebo777
I was laughing pretty hard at this part. Sharp writing so far.
That part had me laughing as well.

As did a part a bit further in the game.. Spoilered for those that are too far in.
Spoiler:
The part where you are finding your way to the temple and you are on the roof top. There is a pool.. If you jump in it, Drake calls out "Marco" giving you a $5,000 coin. He does it again if you stay in the pool, and the girl gives in and calls out "Polo" giving you another $5,000 coin. It was a funny and unexpected moment. The only reason I found out about it is because I jumped in the pool looking to see if there might have been a treasure hidden in it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.