Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - No Russian in this thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-10, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - No Russian in this thread

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
I'm thinking of snagging BC2; for the people who got sick of MW2 and went to this, does it fill the void?
BC2 was fun for a bit, but then I got tired of it. If you can, give it a rent first. I'm pretty much burnt out on all war games now.
Old 04-07-10, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

BC2 is really good. Team work is required to survive and win matches. A refreshing feeling after playing MW2.
Old 04-07-10, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by edstein
BC2 is really good. Team work is required to survive and win matches. A refreshing feeling after playing MW2.
This is kind of how i feel. It was a great deal more fun to me than MW2. Partially because it was so different and partially because victories just seemed more satisfying because they really required more teamwork. In MW2 you could have one incredible lone wolf win the game for the team. Or have someone holing up and everyone protecting him while he goes for a nuke.

I also really like class based shooters because i enjoy playing support classes.
Old 04-07-10, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by xmiyux
This is kind of how i feel. It was a great deal more fun to me than MW2. Partially because it was so different and partially because victories just seemed more satisfying because they really required more teamwork. In MW2 you could have one incredible lone wolf win the game for the team. Or have someone holing up and everyone protecting him while he goes for a nuke.

I also really like class based shooters because i enjoy playing support classes.
Agreed. Playing as a medic in BC2 sounded lame at first but I rack up XP just by providing med kits and getting 10-15 kills per match. I absolutely prefer
BC2's multi-player and I was completely addicted to MW2's.
Old 04-07-10, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard that BC on MP has some annoying bugs, I've not yet played it at all. Still addicted with MW2, but I may switch to BC since my friends are quite happy with it, except for some MP bugs,

oh well... thats what they say...
Old 04-07-10, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

is anyone else sick of being put into matches that end 10 seconds later? it seems to happen to me all the time.
Old 04-07-10, 11:30 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Nuke in 30 sec.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QNk-znYOopM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QNk-znYOopM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 04-08-10, 04:54 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

couldnt understand one word he said.
Old 04-08-10, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts

A bunch of my friends have gone to BC2 because of the constant glitching in MW2. But they all play on the PS3 version, so I suspect they'll all flock back when the new maps are available for download for PS3.

Oh and speaking of the maps, apparently they sold 2.5 million buys in a week. A new record. I told you $15 won't mean shit. The hardcore MW2 gamers need their fix.
Old 04-08-10, 03:37 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if I had a bunch of friends that played BC2, i might would get it. that type of MP isn't fun if you don't have people to work with. otherwise -- spawn -- get on vehicle -- ride to the other side of the map -- die -- rinse/repeat.
Old 04-08-10, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
if I had a bunch of friends that played BC2, i might would get it. that type of MP isn't fun if you don't have people to work with. otherwise -- spawn -- get on vehicle -- ride to the other side of the map -- die -- rinse/repeat.
Add me as a friend. I try to play logically... Foxdvd and I played a few matches a week or so ago and it was a lot of fun.
Old 05-14-10, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Details on the next map pack:

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archi...-map-pack.aspx

With all the brouhaha surrounding Activision and Infinity Ward, it seems that the focus has been taken off the fact that those guys made a game together at one point. For those that are avoiding the legal drama and just having fun with Modern Warfare 2, you'll have five new maps to play with come June 3rd.

As was the case with the successful Stimulus Pack, the Resurgence Pack will include three brand-new maps and two that are returning from CoD 4 (Vacant and Strike).

Carnival, Trailer Park, and Fuel make up the three new environments. Carnival is exactly what it sounds like, taking place in a desolate amusement park complete with roller coasters, a fun house, and a World of Tomorrow. It's a daytime map, and Bowling suggests that snipers should have a blast picking enemies off from atop a roller coaster.

Trailer Park exists within the world of the single-player campaign, as it's the living quarters of the owners of the boneyard area. This battleground will facilitate extremely close-quarters combat, with many maze-like corridors.

Bowling describes the last new map, Fuel, as a "sniper's haven." It takes place around an oil refinery, featuring numerous pumps and outposts with a wide-open area in the middle. Abandoned warehouses will house objectives and much of the combat.

Considering the success of the Stimulus Pack, it seems that Infinity Ward isn't going to fix what isn't broke. Just like before, these three new maps will be arriving on June 3rd at a price of 1200 Microsoft points. A date for their PS3 release is yet to be announced.

The link has screens and an interview with fourzerotwo.
Old 05-14-10, 05:51 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

Man, I still haven't purchased (or played the game since) the first map pack. Maybe it'll get a bit of a discount when this new one comes out.
Old 05-14-10, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Sniper levels. Yeah, not my favorite. I won't be shelling out for them.
Old 05-14-10, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts

I hated snipers.
Old 05-14-10, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

How about all brand new maps, people!? Unless they fix the damn_glitch points in Strike and Vacant.
Old 06-13-10, 09:56 PM

I'm a bit late to the game, been getting through my backlog and i'm finally on this game. just beat it on veteran and have to say i really enjoyed it. finally a game that was challenging but fair. much much much better than the previous CoD's.

What I'm wondering is is there anyone that would like to help me out on some of the Spec Op missions. just trying to get through them. please let me know!

i'll eventually get around to the Multiplayer stuff, but the glitching i see/hear about really make me not want to do it.
Old 06-14-10, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Originally Posted by vballboy51
I'm a bit late to the game, been getting through my backlog and i'm finally on this game. just beat it on veteran and have to say i really enjoyed it. finally a game that was challenging but fair. much much much better than the previous CoD's.

What I'm wondering is is there anyone that would like to help me out on some of the Spec Op missions. just trying to get through them. please let me know!

i'll eventually get around to the Multiplayer stuff, but the glitching i see/hear about really make me not want to do it.
I'd be interested in joining you if you are on the PS3. I kind put aside the SpecOps once I got caught up in the MP.
Old 06-14-10, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by cruzness
I'd be interested in joining you if you are on the PS3. I kind put aside the SpecOps once I got caught up in the MP.
I should have noted i'm on 360, not PS3. thanks for the offer though!
Old 04-23-20, 06:38 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

Did anyone know a remaster of this comeS out on 4/30? $20. How’d they do with Part 1? I’m interested if totally revamped though I popped into 360 version and looked pretty good...
Old 04-23-20, 07:50 PM

Pretty good review. Very unsure. I loved 2 and have credit to get this free, but don’t know if worth graphics upgrade...
Old 04-25-20, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I picked it up. I loved it when it first came out, and for $20 it seemed like a no brainer.

I think its still a no brainer. I have played about half way through and have been enjoying it. If you played the original at least you know what you are getting.
Old 04-25-20, 09:36 AM

it doesn't come out till 4/30, how have you been playing it?
Old 04-26-20, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I think they must have changed the release date. About 2 weeks ago i saw a report saying it was being released digitally the very next day. I went to the PS Store and there it was.

This seemed to really come out of nowhere. There has been speculation for a while, but from official confirmation it was being worked on, and then a surprise message saying "Ye . Its out tomorrow." Cant say i blame them. For anyone seeling digitally or online, now is the time to push even more as sp many people at home looking for stuff to download or buy online as they have more free time.

Update: i just checked. It got released on March 31st, so been out almost a month.
Old 04-26-20, 09:34 AM

not for XBOX. still 4/30 release...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.