DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Reverse Sheep round three: Xbox (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/544895-reverse-sheep-round-three-xbox.html)

Jeremy517 12-02-08 03:01 PM

Reverse Sheep round three: Xbox

I plan on doing a few rounds of Reverse Sheep, where each round has a specific theme. The theme of the first round was Nintendo. This round will be XBox/360. The third (which will be done by The Bus) will be Playstation. I might do a fourth round with Other. There will be a winner for each individual round, plus a cumulative winner.

<b>THEME RULE: Since these are theme-specific rounds, your answer must fit the theme. For example, if the round is Xbox and you give an answer that would be right only if Playstation games were to be included, your answer would be wrong. A right answer would be a game appearing on Xbox or Xbox 360.</b>

Rules:
<ul><li>You want to give the answer that you think will be given <i>least</i> often by other people. For example, if the question is "Name a game that has Mario in it", a bad answer might be Super Mario Bros. A good answer might be Mario Teaches Typing.
<li>You get one point for every person that gives the same answer as you, including yourself. For example, if you and ten other people said Super Mario Bros, all eleven of you would get 11 points. No points are given if you are the only person to say an answer.
<li>Lowest score wins.
<li><b>No using Google, Gamefaqs, Wikipedia, IGNing, etc at all. Pull the answers out of your head, not from other sources.</b>
<li>Private message me your answers. Do not post them in this thread or tell anyone else.
<li><b>To make it easier for me to score the results, please list your answers one per line and don't number the items.</b>
<li>Incorrect answers in reverse sheep get the number of points for the answer with the most votes + 1, making it worse than giving the worst correct answer.
<li><b>Games only appearing on Windows do not count in this round</b>
</ul>

Remember, you want the answer that you think nobody will give!

Questions:
<ol><li>Tom Clancy has attached his name to the title of many games. Name one.
<li>Name an XBLA game that has been given away for free at some point.
<li>Name a usable vehicle from the Halo series.
<li>Name an already-released WWI or WWII first-person shooter.
<li>Name an already-released Xbox 360 RPG/Action-RPG.
<li>Name a game set in the Star Wars universe.
<li>First-party Xbox and Xbox 360 controllers have come in myriad colors. Name one of those colors.
<li>Name a game where the user manipulates time.
<li>Name a Tony Hawk game.
<li>Xbox live subscription cards and Xbox live point cards come in a variety of sizes. Pick a size. Your answer can either be the length of the XBLA subscription card or the number of points of a point card. US amounts only please.
<li>Name a game where you can get more than 1000 achievement points.
<li>Name an Xbox 360 game that has sold more than one million copies.
<li>Name an Xbox 360 US launch title.
<li>Name a sequel that was released in 2008 (XBLA remakes and sports games don't count).
<li>Name one of the four main good characters from Gears of War. If you can't remember the name, describe him, so that I can tell which one you are talking about.
</ol>

<b>Answers are due by Friday 12/5 3:00 PM EST.</b>

orangecrush 12-02-08 03:19 PM

PM sent. I am not sure how I feel about the 4 choice question 15.

fumanstan 12-02-08 03:48 PM

Sent mine. I couldn't come up with a large variety of replies for a lot of these, so I probably ended up with a lot of basic answers. I'm hoping others try really hard to pick unique ones :p

Liver&Onions 12-02-08 03:49 PM

i'm in, and have you all SMOKED on the first question.

lordwow 12-02-08 04:18 PM

I'm in.

orangecrush 12-02-08 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions (Post 9106754)

Pride comes before the fall.

Liver&Onions 12-02-08 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by orangecrush18 (Post 9106830)
pride comes before the fall.

smoked!

nickdawgy 12-02-08 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions (Post 9106754)

Combed IGN throughly, did you?

Liver&Onions 12-02-08 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy (Post 9106868)
Combed IGN throughly, did you?

nope. followed the rules exactly how they are written. No fun when people cheat.

D'oh - except I numbered my results. :(

Chris_D 12-02-08 04:44 PM

I'm in, this was easier than the Nintendo one for sure! Of course, I might get a really high score :p.

The Bus 12-02-08 04:59 PM

Jer, I think you got the difficulty of these questions just right. :up:

nickdawgy 12-02-08 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions (Post 9106874)
nope. followed the rules exactly how they are written. No fun when people cheat.

D'oh - except I numbered my results. :(

ph@1l

Liver&Onions 12-02-08 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy (Post 9106919)
ph@1l

pretty much. :(

Jeremy517 12-02-08 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy (Post 9106919)
ph@1l

You're one to talk. You put extra line breaks and question marks. I had to edit yours a ton before putting it into Excel :johnwoo::johnwoo::johnwoo:
:)

Liver&Onions 12-02-08 05:18 PM

:dance:

The Bus 12-02-08 05:32 PM

nick sent me all his answers in parentheses for some reason.

He needs to turn off his ee cummings filter for PMs.

Michael Corvin 12-02-08 06:45 PM

Much better round. I wasn't too keen on the last question either but it will make things interesting.

fumanstan 12-02-08 06:51 PM

I like the last question. With only 4 choices, it'll be interesting to see how people picked.

Michael Corvin 12-02-08 07:13 PM

I already regret my choice on that one.

DVDChris 12-02-08 07:24 PM

Hopefully I'll do a little better this round.

Jeremy517 12-02-08 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 9107177)
I already regret my choice on that one.

As long as you haven't discussed answers with anyone or looked anything up since you submitted, you can send me changes.

pinata242 12-02-08 07:51 PM

Shit, I am not a typical Xbox gamer... Fuck questions 1, 3, 4, 9, and 15.

fumanstan 12-02-08 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242 (Post 9107244)
Shit, I am not a typical Xbox gamer... Fuck questions 1, 3, 4, 9, and 15.

1, 4, and 9 though all include games that are typically mutliplatform, so it isn't too hard to come up with something.

pinata242 12-02-08 08:04 PM

I know, but I think 1, 3, 4, and 15 are all from one genre. If over a quarter of the questions over 2 consoles is about the shooter (FPS, 3rd Party, Tatical) genre, it's out of my realm. Sports too.

Sure they're multiplatform, but it just seems like typical xbox questions. That's all I'm saying...

fumanstan 12-02-08 08:13 PM

Well of course, all the XBox has is shooters and sports games, right? :p