Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band: Official Thread of not having to cry about starting new threads as often

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band: Official Thread of not having to cry about starting new threads as often

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-08, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know this is too little too late to help anyone, but I went to Gamestop this morning and bought RB2 + Track Pack Vol 2 for $60.98 + tax. The intention was to unload RB2 on half.com or eBay to get the pack for ~$10 out of pocket.

However, I noticed on the receipt when I got home that RB2 was $59.99 and the track pack was $0.99 after a $29 discount. Not a package deal pro-rated like any sensible retailer would do. So... I took RB2 back and got $59.99 + tax refunded and got to keep the pack for nearly nothing.

If I had noticed before 11am, I would have posted and I would have bought and returned for as many packs as they had.

Anybody else try for that deal and still have RB2 unopened?
Old 11-28-08, 08:02 PM
Suspended

Got a bunch of cheap Live points (16000), and since I never buy Live Arcade games or anything BUT music for RB, I'm probably going to be buying about everything from now on in addition to most everything previously released that I have any interest in.
Old 11-28-08, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aktick
Got a bunch of cheap Live points (16000), and since I never buy Live Arcade games or anything BUT music for RB, I'm probably going to be buying about everything from now on in addition to most everything previously released that I have any interest in.
Target deal? Or otherwise? I'm always on the hunt for cheap points.
Old 11-28-08, 08:42 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Target deal? Or otherwise? I'm always on the hunt for cheap points.
Live.com & eBay, 30% cashback. So I ended up right around $33 per 4000 point card. I suppose others have found better deals, but I figured this was pretty damn good, and I might as well stock up so I don't have to worry about it for a long while.
Old 11-28-08, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
I did the ebay/live thing the other day for a 4000 point card myself. It arrived today.
Old 11-28-08, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I just have the worst luck.

I purchased the full Rock Band 2 Special Edition last week. I have been playing it for about a week, but using my RB1 instruments. I had some friends over for Thanksgiving, so I brought out the extra guitar from RB2 ... its defective ... the down strum detection gets stuck, so it just keeps on going. Guess I'll have to RMA that one.

Then today, as I am playing online with a co-worker, the red drum pad on my RB1 drum partially cracks off at the yellow drum connection. I figure I will buy some of the drum support struts. Any suggestions on which ones work best?
Old 11-30-08, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ugh. Decided to finally grab the Metallica pack after holding off for a year because I kept getting the same songs on the Challenging Mystery Setlists (The Perfect Drug and I Get By...the game won't even borrow from the highest tier on disc songs). Anyway, for some reason, I thought that ...And Justice for All and Blackened were the toughest on guitar. Then I hit the solo in Ride the Lightning. That thing incomprehensible. I cannot get past the first wave of those sweeps, and that's with OD activated. After seeing the rest of the solo, I'm guessing I won't be passing this bastard ever.

I'll hand it to Metallica, though. I'm not a fan at all, but their songs translate well to these games. Even better, I'm sure, if you're good at fast solos.
Old 12-01-08, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just got the game and was wondering what's the difference between local tour and XBL tour? if i do it online does it upload scores or something, or does it just mean people can join me if they see me playing online by myself?

Last edited by rocketsauce; 12-01-08 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-01-08, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rocketsauce
I just got the game and was wondering what's the difference between local tour and XBL tour? if i do it online does it upload scores or something, or does it just mean people can join me if they see me playing online by myself?
XBL Tour means that you can do the regular Band World Tour with players on XBL instead of having to be live or only doing online Quickplay. It's pretty damn awesome.
Old 12-01-08, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So if i play by myself on XBL there is no difference
Old 12-01-08, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, if I'm playing solo, I just choose the regular local tour. As long as you're connected to XBL, your scores will update no matter which mode you're playing in.
Old 12-01-08, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
nope.. it just gives you the chance to invite other players.
Old 12-01-08, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by devilshalo
nope.. it just gives you the chance to invite other players.
ok. I don't really know anyone else that has this game, but I think a few of you guys I have randomly in my friends list do, so I guess I can do that and to see if any of you want to play.
Old 12-02-08, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Tempted is boring as shit on guitar. And the mixing on the song is incredibly awkward.
Old 12-02-08, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Played the Bodom song on drums this morning before I left for work. It was surprisingly harder than I expected, but that might of been due to me being tired as hell. It was a lot of fun though.
Old 12-02-08, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I have no interest in todays releases, but am looking forward to No Doubt next week.

I just have one question... what the hell happened to the classic rock? Friday will mark two months since we got George Thorogood and Free, unless you count the AC/DC expansion in which case it's been a solid month since that came out. Either way that is three artists in a two month span. This is unacceptable.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 12-02-08 at 07:51 AM.
Old 12-02-08, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I have no interest in todays releases, but am looking forward to No Doubt next week.

I just have one question... what the hell happened to the classic rock? Friday will mark two months since we got George Thorogood and Free, unless you count the AC/DC expansion in which case it's been a solid month since that came out. Either way that is three artists in a two month span. This is unacceptable.
Squeeze is certainly a classic rock band.

-Paul Jacobi-
Old 12-02-08, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

You can understand how I totally overlooked that in today's sea of releases.
Old 12-02-08, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I missed it the first time I read the PR too, Corvin.
Old 12-02-08, 09:20 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by krazykat72
Squeeze is certainly a classic rock band.
Classic rock *light*

I may actually end up getting everything but that Children of Bodom crap this week (can you turn vocals off on a song? If so, I'd consider getting it as well)...yes, even Naked Brothers Band. I watch too much Nick.

The foreign songs are actually pretty catchy, particularly Platero y Tu, good sounding classic rock-like guitar track on that one.
Old 12-02-08, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think I may go throw up after listening to those terrible Nick songs....I don't even want that free garbage.
Old 12-02-08, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Snagged Tempted and AAR.

I am not sure what category AAR and that type of music fits into, and I really don't care for it in my ipod, but I always enjoy playing it on Rock Band.

I do find it strange that MCR hasn't shown up yet in Rock Band. They were one of the first (if not the first) to really embrace DLC and allowing masters to be used.
Old 12-02-08, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I also got Tempted and AAR. Plus the 3 Nick songs. I like the Tokio Hotel song, but am not going to get it just yet. Maybe I'll bite before it goes off sale.

I don't like the AC/DC-sounding foreign song, but I do like the other - I just wish it was in English as it sounds like something my wife would like to sing
Old 12-02-08, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I used the Ebay/Live cashback thing to pick up the Ion Drum Rocker for $170. Now I can suck [hopefully slightly less] on much more expensive drums.
Old 12-02-08, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm still waiting on someone to put the Naked Brothers stuff up on youtube before I do my weekly update. Looks like the normal people who do the videos aren't picking it up either.

I'm thinking of adding some info to the DLC post over the next week or so, things like total cost of all DLC, and most represented genres and artists. Could be interesting.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.