Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band: Official Thread of not having to cry about starting new threads as often

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band: Official Thread of not having to cry about starting new threads as often

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-09, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Rock Band: Official Thread of not having to cry about starting new threads as oft

Originally Posted by HMXHenry
Unnamed sources, mystery events at unknown locations, and a generally vague suggestion that something may happen... that's more than enough to make me feel comfortable closing this.

But if you must know what the future DLC will be, here's a sneak peek at what we're doing in the coming year:

* Big bands
* Small bands
* Packs
* Singles
* Albums

etc, etc, etc.
Old 01-07-09, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Re: Rock Band: Official Thread of not having to cry about starting new threads as oft

Originally Posted by pinata242
Sucks the guy is intentionally withholding the "when" of this event. Why say anything at all at this point? Cock-tease for hits is all.
'Eh, something to give this thread some life. I'll play along and say:

Elvis Presley

I was thinking the other day that it is quite odd that out of the year they've been doing DLC, not to mention two full games, I haven't seen a single person suggest Dave Matthews Band for DLC. I'm not a fan, it just struck me as odd.
Old 01-07-09, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nude nude nude nude nude

Sucks the guy is intentionally withholding the "when" of this event. Why say anything at all at this point? Cock-tease for hits is all.
Yeah, pretty much.

Wild theory time:

"In addition, you’ll get to preview new tracks from an…unnamed mega artist one day before the public release."

Prince?
Old 01-07-09, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I was thinking the other day that it is quite odd that out of the year they've been doing DLC, not to mention two full games, I haven't seen a single person suggest Dave Matthews Band for DLC. I'm not a fan, it just struck me as odd.
I know I've thought it before, maybe not said, but it would be huge for the party vibe of the thing. Every chick I know that went to college in the 90s is a fan. I've seen more "fire dancer" stickers and tattoos than I care to count.
Old 01-07-09, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd anticipate that it might be a GDC announcement. This is in San Fran in March.
Old 01-07-09, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Maybe they're all too busy playing hacky sack and frisbee golf.

Last edited by superfro; 01-07-09 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-07-09, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It would be a terrible Rock Band song, but I love The Dreaming Tree. Tears me up every time.

Old 01-07-09, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Coupon codes for buttchairs

I would be extremely pissed if "Patala Naga Pampa" came out and I had to pay $1.99 for it.
Old 01-07-09, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I'd anticipate that it might be a GDC announcement. This is in San Fran in March.
Makes sense. We already know Dan Teasedale is giving a keynote there. But, GDC is the same week that Pearl Jam hits. Whatever they announce there would be too epic for the world to contain.

So either it pales in comparison, it over-shadows PJ, or it is a one-two punch that knocks the fans on their collective ass.
Old 01-07-09, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Makes sense. We already know Dan Teasedale is giving a keynote there. But, GDC is the same week that Pearl Jam hits. Whatever they announce there would be too epic for the world to contain.
Well that would also make sense then, as they said they'd be able to play tracks early that have already been announced. That's really only the PJ tracks as of now right?
Old 01-07-09, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I guess so. So either you get to play the PJ tracks on the 23rd of March or there's a separate SF event with a surprise "mega artist".

Going with the GDC+PJ theory now
Old 01-07-09, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

fart fart fart poop

The tease makes it sound like there will be a big artist announcement in addition to Pearl Jam. I don't think their mega artist announcement would be Pearl Jam since we already know about that.
Old 01-07-09, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It reads to me more like the recipient of that invite misinterpreted the quote he posted.

Actually, he does say "this time around we get to play with some tracks that will be made available soon that has already been announced to the public" and then later starts talking about an announcement based on the word "artist" as opposed to "band". So he's the source of confusion entirely.

Last edited by pinata242; 01-07-09 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-07-09, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

qUIcK CASH 4 U SO E-Z U wONT BELIEVE IT!

Yeah, it's phrased a little weird, but I read it as:

"Come to our event and play previously announced DLC (Pearl Jam) as well as some MEGA SUPER SURPRISE stuff that will be announced the week before the event."

GDC sounds like a reasonable guess to me.
Old 01-07-09, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

call me stupid but what is GDC?
Old 01-07-09, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Game Developer's Conference
Old 01-07-09, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Clearly the Super Mega Artist in question has to be Hootie & the Blowfish.

On second thought, let's get realistic, there's no way Harmonix could book them. How about U2?
Old 01-07-09, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

yay! No Rock band 3 in 2009!

News from CES/Joystiq
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/07/ce...and-3-in-2009/
Old 01-07-09, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

NO Rock Band 3 in 2009...they don't want to compete with the Beatles game...unfortunately for them, Guitar Hero WILL want to compete.

Bad decision, IMHO.
Old 01-07-09, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bah, I'd actually like it if RB3 came out this year. A bunch of songs at a decent price point, plus whatever new features they would've added. I guess maybe it could mean that they spend even more time adding new features for RB3.
Old 01-07-09, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

But really, what more features (not fixes like the stars) could we want? It's nice to get a lump of tracks for $60, but other than that I am more than content with RB2.
Old 01-07-09, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
NO Rock Band 3 in 2009...they don't want to compete with the Beatles game...unfortunately for them, Guitar Hero WILL want to compete.

Bad decision, IMHO.
Depends on what the next iteration of GH brings... just more of the same, slightly enhanced? Better instruments? How many more instruments will people tolerate buying anyway every year? As long as they continue their DLC, I'd think they'll be fine.
Old 01-07-09, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig
Depends on what the next iteration of GH brings... just more of the same, slightly enhanced? Better instruments? How many more instruments will people tolerate buying anyway every year? As long as they continue their DLC, I'd think they'll be fine.
They'd need to fix the game to make it more a band game, rather than the goodness of GH with some other shit tacked on which is how GH:WT felt to me.
Old 01-07-09, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I'm all for no RB3 this year. As a friend of mine said RB is a platform itself, just feed it with DLC. Let GH keep pumping them out, and burn out for all I care.
Old 01-07-09, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll be at GDC, so I'll let you guys know what/if I hear anything there. I'll be at Teasdale's keynote/session, and be trying my best to get into the HMX party as well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.