Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of duty WOW

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-08, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
I encountered that grenade hell on the final level (no spoilers). Between all the grenades and panzerschrecking going on I finally just bit the bullet and ran like a madman with my guns a blazin' and finally made through on my ninth attempt. I usually take a very careful and deliberate approach but that level would have none of that.
Old 11-17-08, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
I really liked it, but I can't believe I'm DONE on single player already. Went WAY too fast (on regular), so I guess I'll start over on Hardened & move up after that like I did with COD4. Still, just too short.

Zombie killing is creative, but in my opinion it doesn't even compare to the post-credits mission on COD4, which was way, way cool.
Old 11-17-08, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zombie killing is creative, but in my opinion it doesn't even compare to the post-credits mission on COD4, which was way, way cool.
I will disagree with you.
Old 11-17-08, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by uteotw
Yeah but the plane in COD4 isn't a 4 player co-op mode.
And I'd argue that there are no two finer words in FPS gaming than "Nazi Zombies"
Old 11-17-08, 01:58 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamieson22
Is the 3rd Mortar Bunker the one where you enter the tunnel which leads to a "room" with a big hole in the roof above? If so, I have never been more frustrated in my life trying to get past this. I finally had to stop trying in hopes that in a few days I'll give it a shot and breeze right through it, which seems to happen on frustrating video game sections.
I really liked the game, up until this point. Took me probably 90+ minutes to get past that one checkpoint on Normal. So frustrating it soured my experience on the rest of the game.

I loved the Russian/German sections. But I wasn't crazy about the Pacific sections. Lots of chokepoints turned into frustrating Banzia fragfests. Because of this, I probably won't play through the full game again. But I am going back to play the Russian missions some more.
Old 11-17-08, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBigDave
I really liked the game, up until this point. Took me probably 90+ minutes to get past that one checkpoint on Normal. So frustrating it soured my experience on the rest of the game.
It took me a few tries on Hardened. It's a timing and patience thing because I needed my stupid "teammates" to move up and they kept waiting for me to do so.
Old 11-17-08, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo
It took me a few tries on Hardened. It's a timing and patience thing because I needed my stupid "teammates" to move up and they kept waiting for me to do so.
Yeah it is weird but I don't even remember this part from when I played through on Normal, so I am guessing I made it without dying or maybe not much. On Veteran this section makes me want to hurt people.
Old 11-17-08, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL, I notice a lot of people use quotes when referring to to teamates in this. I always jump right into Veteran on the COD solos, but are they really as annoyingly oblivious in the lower difficulties too? I literally watch an enemy run in front of and directly stop right in the face of one of your "teammates" to take aim on you and he will not kill the guy. Very annoying. Just like the grenade spamming I don't remember it being so bad in previous versions.
Old 11-17-08, 02:57 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts
Originally Posted by matome
I literally watch an enemy run in front of and directly stop right in the face of one of your "teammates" to take aim on you and he will not kill the guy.
On one of the Pacific missions, I went around the side and flanked a bunker. After the bunker was cleared, my "teammates" took the straight path and caught up with me. Then I started getting shot in the back. I turned around and noticed all three of my "teammates" had run right past the guy that was killing me.

I caught my "teammates" hanging around with the enemy a couple times throughout the game. I don't remember it happening in COD4 (but it's been a while since I played).
Old 11-17-08, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, it's blatant stuff like that that I don't remember previously. This and the grenades just seems like lazy AI work on Treyarch's side.

I have to give props to the flamethrower, though. It's pretty badass and the death animations are awesome.
Old 11-17-08, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What's really funny is playing co-op campaign with randoms and they think that like any multiplayer, they can just rush guns blazing and be ok. They don't understand that, like solo campaign, a lot of it is clearing out and moving up and letting your AI team take a lot of the fire. I had to keep telling the guys to stop rushing because I got tired of always reviving them.
Old 11-17-08, 04:43 PM

What's really funny is playing co-op campaign with randoms and they think that like any multiplayer, they can just rush guns blazing and be ok. They don't understand that, like solo campaign, a lot of it is clearing out and moving up and letting your AI team take a lot of the fire. I had to keep telling the guys to stop rushing because I got tired of always reviving them.

Yeah but there are times you need to just throw smoke and run like hell to hit the next checkpoint due to the "Meat Locker" effect of COD games. Meat Locker = The magical door that constantly streams an endless supply of enemies until you cross some invisible line.

Before I got to the checkpoint for the 3rd mortar bunker I am stuck on, I had to do this. That open area before you reach it had some elevated gunners, and some lower guys that would keep throwing grenades. I'd kill all upper guys to move forward then would take some frag damage, so I'd back up to recover. Pop up again and magically all the guys up top are there again. It's bullshit on Veteran so I just tossed smoke and ran like hell.
Old 11-17-08, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jamieson22
Before I got to the checkpoint for the 3rd mortar bunker I am stuck on, I had to do this. That open area before you reach it had some elevated gunners, and some lower guys that would keep throwing grenades. I'd kill all upper guys to move forward then would take some frag damage, so I'd back up to recover. Pop up again and magically all the guys up top are there again. It's bullshit on Veteran so I just tossed smoke and ran like hell.
Well, for co-op, I'd lay cover for my guys advancing, but I'd let them know when I cleared an area (I usually hang back just a bit and take out the enemy with a bolt action rifle). Most times they didn't wait for me to give them the heads up and there I am having to rush into heavy fire to revive the fools and in the process I get killed and the mission fails.
Old 11-18-08, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by uteotw
I haven't played Zombie Killing yet, but I hope I disagree with you b/c I thought the post-credits COD4 mission was fun to play...once.
Old 11-18-08, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldblum
I haven't played Zombie Killing yet, but I hope I disagree with you b/c I thought the post-credits COD4 mission was fun to play...once.
More like 100 times if you wanted that damn achievement! LOL
Old 11-18-08, 11:47 AM

I am in love with the multiplayer, I actually prefer these guns to COD4. The single player though...I've played the first 2 levels and i think its kind of glitchy, like when i got stuck between some rocks and had tried to just blow myself up, but it just respawned me in the same spot. And it seemed like a few times the whole game got slow.
Old 11-18-08, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
I haven't had a PC in a couple weeks so I'm behind on alot of discussions...

I love the game, but the friendly AI is horrible. I'm playing through on veteran so it really sucks when your guys just run past the enemies. I just completed the 3-bunker level, which was a huge bitch. As mentioned above, I also don't like the South Pacific missions as much as the Germany/Russian ones.
Old 11-18-08, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I just know that German sniper can kiss my ass, being able to target, fire and kill me before even peeking out the window.
Old 11-18-08, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
I just know that German sniper can kiss my ass, being able to target, fire and kill me before even peeking out the window.
I cruised through that on medium, but that single part took me over an hour trying to kill that bastard on veteran. Amsel's sniper is almost just as bad but at least you know where he's gonna be every time.
Old 11-19-08, 06:57 AM

That part almost earned a controller through the TV as well. I managed to hide in the window on the left in a way that I could only see the window to the right, and he could only shoot me from the window on the right. That still doesn't make it easy.

And how the heck can they have hit detection that would tell you 2 shots from a sniper rifle "only grazed him"? WTF? I am 1 mile away shooting at something the size of an M&M and they are strict on headshots only?

Don't forget to grab the pistol on the table in that room if you want the Gunslinger achievement. Don't think you see any others in that level.

Jamie
Old 11-19-08, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I got lucky on that Veteran sniper mission and took me about 20 minutes. Last night it literally took me 3.5 hours to destroy those four 88's in the plaza at Reichstad with probably half of that waiting to play through the fucking unskippable "for us and Mother Russia........CHARGE!" intro that is at the beginning of the checkpoint. What is Treyarch's problem with having us skip these cutscenes? If I recall correctly you couldn't skip it in their COD3 either.
Old 11-19-08, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
I

I love the game, but the friendly AI is horrible. I'm playing through on veteran so it really sucks when your guys just run past the enemies. I just completed the 3-bunker level, which was a huge bitch. As mentioned above, I also don't like the South Pacific missions as much as the Germany/Russian ones.
Yep, you pretty much have to make believe you're going solo in this game. They literally run right past enemies out in the open that are taking aim on you.
Old 11-20-08, 02:12 AM

I know that this game came out a few weeks ago but does anyone know if there'll be a part 6?
Old 11-20-08, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JHBulls
I know that this game came out a few weeks ago but does anyone know if there'll be a part 6?
If you're asking whether one of the best selling games for all consoles will have an inevitable sequel, the answer is almost certainly not.
Old 11-20-08, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Gotta love the new party system on the NXE. Party chat while you play search and destroy so your dead teammates can still talk to you.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.