DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Official PS3 Thread - October 08 edition (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/542277-official-ps3-thread-october-08-edition.html)

Arthur Dent 03-12-09 05:27 PM

Re: Official PS3 Thread - October 08 edition

Originally Posted by Ocelot (Post 9322309)
ah my tax sensitive nemesis, you finally show thyself :) It was bait...

anyhow, you can lecture me all you want about saving 60 cents to commit FRAUD. Well, provided that you haven't use a on-line printout coupon says no scans allowed...

Also, didn't i say, when you do your taxes, you have the liberty of reporting internet sale taxes, duh!

I'd rather lecture you on your atrocious grammar.

Mordred 03-12-09 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Fandango (Post 9322286)
New inFamous trailer.

<param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/2d4eaeff" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /> <embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/2d4eaeff" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" name="viddler" ></embed></object>

Looks decent. Anyone know the song in that trailer?

Liver&Onions 03-12-09 05:33 PM

while I :lol:, let's back off the guy a little. He knows not what he says.

Mordred 03-12-09 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mordred (Post 9322558)
Looks decent. Anyone know the song in that trailer?

Because I'm badass, I will answer my own question. The song is "Malabar Front" from If These Trees Could Talk, and it is also badass.

Liver&Onions 03-12-09 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mordred (Post 9322584)
Because I'm badass, I will answer my own question. The song is "Malabar Front" from If These Trees Could Talk, and it is also badass.

that is pretty bad ass. I listened - but had no clue.

nickdawgy 03-12-09 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 9321120)
That doesn't sound good Nick. I hope it was a one time glitch that a reboot solved.

Happened more than once unfortunately. I know I can charge the controller with a PC usb port, but I am concerned.

I have a launch 60 gig PS3 and the 2 year extended warranty is expired, so I hope it's not a system killer.

nickdawgy 03-12-09 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ocelot (Post 9321301)
I don't understand what's with the careless attitude for Trophies, but it always seems a big factor for Achievements.

Chess, i'll bet you got an impressive amount of trophies for LBP, congrats :)

I read some where that the trophies not only can be displayed in Home, but also as a way to redeem prizes...

Hey, i still play games w/o trophies you know, like R&C ToD and SFII HD Remix. Do i really care about trophies? To some degree... but i have to admit, it does give me some sort of satisfaction when i get one, especially the hard ones (not to be confused with anal ones). By hard ones i mean, like clearing a garden in PJE (all seeds, not just Spectras). By anal ones like get 20x Combos in PJE (those are really for showing offs, those are the ones people shake their heads and roll their eyes)...

I like them both.

JJE-187 03-12-09 11:47 PM

i am looking into upgrading to PS3 and I got a couple quick questions, Can you play PS1 & PS2 games on them? Do they come with a HDMI cable? Do they play regular DVDs also or just Blu-Ray?

pinata242 03-12-09 11:49 PM

Depends on which model you get. Current retail configurations only have PS1 compatibility, PS2 was removed some time ago. You might be able to find one second-hand, however.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlaySta...configurations

mhg83 03-13-09 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by JJE-187 (Post 9323247)
i am looking into upgrading to PS3 and I got a couple quick questions, Can you play PS1 & PS2 games on them? Do they come with a HDMI cable? Do they play regular DVDs also or just Blu-Ray?

My metal gear solid 4 80 gig bundle is backwards compatible both ps1 and 2

Walker Boh 03-13-09 08:15 AM

Do they come with a HDMI cable?

No.

Do they play regular DVDs also or just Blu-Ray?

It plays DVDs (and does a nice job of upscaling them).

chess 03-13-09 08:47 AM

HDMI cable is like $6 on monoprice, so don't let that stop you.

Speaking of backwards compatibility, I've been thinking about selling my 60Gb and buying a newer, more efficient PS3. I think I've put 3-4 PS2 games in mine. How hard is it to wipe all of my stuff off of the 60Gb (username/passwords/game saves/downloads)?

I'm also curious what 60Gb models are going for these days. I can check ebay, but I don't think I'd sell it there. You guys think I could get $450 for it locally?

stingermck 03-13-09 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by chess (Post 9323697)
HDMI cable is like $6 on monoprice, so don't let that stop you.

Speaking of backwards compatibility, I've been thinking about selling my 60Gb and buying a newer, more efficient PS3. I think I've put 3-4 PS2 games in mine. How hard is it to wipe all of my stuff off of the 60Gb (username/passwords/game saves/downloads)?

I'm also curious what 60Gb models are going for these days. I can check ebay, but I don't think I'd sell it there. You guys think I could get $450 for it locally?

I forget what its called exactly, but first thing first, go into account management and disable the system from your account. This takes the system off your 5 systems limit for downloads on PSN. I forgot to do this when I went from a 20gb to 80 and it was a pain to get Sony to do it.

From there is just reformat time.

Ocelot 03-13-09 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by awil1026 (Post 9322545)
I'd rather lecture you on your atrocious grammar.

please do, b/c that's one thing worthy of my time to come here. Correct it for me and no, i'm not being sarcastic. I'm not ashamed of my grammar mistakes, b/c English is not my first language. To be honest, i'm writing, speaking like this b/c that's how the American education taught me.

so, please, stop correcting me by telling me it's wrong. Correcting me by quoting the mistakes so that i can learn, thank you in advance.

Ocelot 03-13-09 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by pinata242 (Post 9322365)
Dude, you admitted it was bait. How is that not the very definition of trolling?

sigh, yes, i admit it was "bait" in the sentence, but not the nature of the post... you guys taking things out of context. Honestly, was my original "PSN tax" post really BAIT? I wasn't expecting MC's "lecture" at all. Hell, i wasn't expecting to see MC, i figure i should be on his ignore list by now. Since he replied and i just responded with a hello, like any other nemesis would do. Maybe i have a bad sense of humor, but so does L&O's "no trolling" post... To me, that's like calling for trouble, which is trolling...

p.s. you would think over the years i have accumulated a list of ignores right? wrong, none, i have none...

chess 03-13-09 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ocelot (Post 9323820)
...English is not my first language...

so, please, stop correcting me by telling me it's wrong. Correcting me by quoting the mistakes so that i can learn, thank you in advance.

So, please stop correcting me by telling me it's wrong. Correct me by quoting the mistakes so I can learn. Thank you in advance.

Hopefully some folks here feel a bit like douche-nozzles.

Raul3 03-13-09 11:05 AM

so, What's your first language?

UncleGramps 03-13-09 11:10 AM

Well, first of all, "stuffs" is not really a noun. If you're referring to several instances of something, you can either use "stuff" or "things". But I have to say that your usage of "stuffs" is strangely endearing, so I won't object if you continue to say it. ;)

SonOfAStu 03-13-09 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by chess (Post 9323887)
Hopefully some folks here feel a bit like douche-nozzles.

They should, but they never will. Why pass up the opportunity to pile on someone who thinks differently from them? Not to mention the moderation of this forum is about as immature as it gets.

Ocelot 03-13-09 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Raul3 (Post 9323903)
so, What's your first language?

Chinese, yes, i can read and write Chinese as well, but of course, also far from perfect.

Raul3 03-13-09 11:18 AM

He is not immature, he is Canadian, please. Don't be xenophobic.

chess 03-13-09 11:18 AM

-popcorn-

Ocelot 03-13-09 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by UncleGramps (Post 9323910)
Well, first of all, "stuffs" is not really a noun. If you're referring to several instances of something, you can either use "stuff" or "things". But I have to say that your usage of "stuffs" is strangely endearing, so I won't object if you continue to say it. ;)

see, i never knew that :)

OT as it is, but thank you UncleGramps, i learned something new today. Interesting, stuff (singular) is a noun, but stuffs (plural) is not. I guess i'll stick to "thing" from now on, less confusing.

oh craps, for a minute i thought that correction was for me... never mind, it's still good knowledge.

chess 03-13-09 11:57 AM

Craps is the same as stuffs. Crap is both singular and plural...so is stuff.

Back on topic, LittleBIGPlanet is $39.99 on Amazon, in case anybody was waiting for the $40 price point. If you have any interest in platformers or like to build things, it's an amazing game.

dsa_shea 03-13-09 12:11 PM

What the fuck happened here?