Old 11-02-08, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by naitram
Yes updated mine, got a trophy already!
ditto
Old 11-02-08, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts
I saw that my local Target has the old version of Warhawk with an included Bluetooth headset packaged with it. Is the game and the headset worth the $29.99?
Old 11-02-08, 08:53 PM

I just got Little Big Planet and its an awesome game so far. Where you go to find user created levels.
Old 11-03-08, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Originally Posted by dizzlle01
I just got Little Big Planet and its an awesome game so far. Where you go to find user created levels.
Select "Cool Levels" below the main quest select choice.

BTW: There's a LBP thread below.
Old 11-03-08, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
I saw that my local Target has the old version of Warhawk with an included Bluetooth headset packaged with it. Is the game and the headset worth the $29.99?
I think so.
Old 11-03-08, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even when you're a pretty good PJM player, a lot of these trophies are mighty hard.
Old 11-03-08, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Anyone here looking forward to Call of Duty World at War? I was and planned to get it eventually than I saw a Video of ZOMBIES! Is that real? At the end it said trick or treat. Even if gimmicky, if theres a mode where your standing your ground agaisnt waves of zombies, Im all over it!
Old 11-04-08, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Anyone here looking forward to Call of Duty World at War? I was and planned to get it eventually than I saw a Video of ZOMBIES! Is that real? At the end it said trick or treat. Even if gimmicky, if theres a mode where your standing your ground agaisnt waves of zombies, Im all over it!
It's a co-op bonus mode that you unlock by beating the single-player campaign.
Old 11-04-08, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
Even when you're a pretty good PJM player, a lot of these trophies are mighty hard.
This is good to hear. I thought I was just really rusty and I was getting angry about the attrition of my skillz.
Old 11-04-08, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Do we have a PSN friend code thread here? I swear we did, but couldn't find it...
Old 11-04-08, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Gromit
It's a co-op bonus mode that you unlock by beating the single-player campaign.

I actually have to add people to a friend list. I only know one person in real life who has a PS3 I dont know any gamers.
Old 11-04-08, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I noticed that the clock on the PS3 was an hour ahead, and stayed that way after changing it via the internet. I had the "Daylight Saving" option selected instead of "Standard," so when I changed it, it became correct (and would update online to a correct time as well).

I thought the option was for whether your area uses DST, but I guess it refers to whether the time in your area is currently DST or Standard time. So, do I have to change this every six months to keep the clock correct?
Old 11-05-08, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've been having issues after viewing a flash 9 or higher enabled site. Everytime I exit the browser, it hangs and I have to use the off button on the console because the controller won't do it.

Anyone have the same issue?
Old 11-05-08, 09:39 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Update 2.5.2 today.

An update to the PS3™ system software was released on November 5, 2008. You can use this update to upgrade your system software to version 2.52.

English | Espańol | Français

View Update History
Notices

* Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or on this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3™ system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3™ system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3™ system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.
* The system software included within this product is subject to a limited license from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Refer to http://www.scei.co.jp/ps3-eula for details.
* This update is for customers who own PS3™ systems sold in North America. DO NOT update your PS3™ system through this Web site if you purchased your system outside North America. There is no guarantee of proper operation with other models sold outside North America.
* If your PS3™ system software version is 2.52 (or later), you do not need to perform this update. To check the version of your system software, go to (Settings) > (System Settings) > [System Information]. The information is shown in the [System Software] field.
* This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions.
* Depending on the software title or feature in use, you may not be able to play without first updating the system software.
* Depending on your PS3™ system software version, the screen images and icons appearing on this Web site may differ from the actual product.

The PLAYSTATION®3 system software version 2.52 (with 2.50) update includes the following:
PlayStation Network PlayStation®Network

The account creation screens under [Sign Up for PlayStation®Network] and the menus under [Account Management] have been redesigned. > See details.

PlayStation Network

Other new or revised features in version 2.52 (with 2.50):
Users Users

* You now have an option to set the PS3™ system to turn off automatically after a background download or installation of content has completed. This option is available when you turn off the system under [Users] > [Turn Off System] while content is being downloaded or installed.

Settings Settings

* [BD/DVD Settings] has been renamed to [Video Settings].
* Under [Video Settings], the [Cinema Conversion] option has been renamed to [BD/DVD Cinema Conversion] and the [Upscale] option has been renamed to [BD/DVD Upscaler].
* [Sequential Playback] has been added as an option under [Video Settings].
* [DivX® VOD Registration Code] has been added under [System Settings]. You must use this registration code to authenticate and register the PS3™ system to be able to play video files that are compatible with the DivX® VOD (Video On Demand) service on your system. For details, visit the DivX® website.
* DivX, DivX Certified, and associated logos are trademarks of DivX, Inc. and are used under license.
* [Power Save Settings] has been added as an option under [Settings]. To save power, the PS3™ system and wireless controllers can be set to turn off automatically after a certain period of inactivity.
* Under [Accessory Settings] > [Audio Device Settings], the method for reconnecting Bluetooth® devices has been changed.
* Under [Accessory Settings] > [Keyboard Type], you can now choose the following keyboard types: [German Keyboard (Switzerland)], [French Keyboard (Canada)] and [French Keyboard (Switzerland)].
* Under [Printer Settings] > [Printer Selection], you can now select printers that support network connectivity. You can also select HP printers using the [HP] option.

Music Music

* You can now select one of nine volume output levels using the [Volume Control] setting on the control panel (or the mini-size control panel).
* [Pause] has been added as an icon on the mini-size control panel.

Video Video

* You can now select one of nine volume output levels using the [Volume Control] setting on the control panel.
* [Scene Search] has been added as an option on the control panel.
* You can now use the [Mosquito Noise Reduction] setting for video content that is saved on the hard disk or storage media. Use this setting to reduce mosquito noise that appears on the edges of visual images.
* During BD (BDAV) and DVD playback, a technique known as “chroma upsampling” is now automatically selected based on the movement of objects within the video content and then applied to enhance images in the content.

Game Game

* New for 2.52: The playback quality of some PLAYSTATION®3 format software has been improved.
* New for 2.52: A text entry issue that occurs when using the on-screen keyboard, USB keyboard or Bluetooth® keyboard with some PLAYSTATION®3 format software has been addressed.
* [Sync with Server] has been added as an option under [Trophy Collection].
* By pressing the PS button while playing PLAYSTATION®3 format software, you can now view information from the [Settings and Connection Status List] option under [Network Settings].*
* This feature is not available for use with some PLAYSTATION®3 format software.

Game Network

* Support for Adobe® Flash® Player 9 has been added to [Internet Browser].*
* “Adobe” and “Flash” are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.

PlaySTation Network PlayStation®Network

* The way to disable the automatic sign-in option and the way to sign out from PlayStation®Network have been changed.
* In PlayStation®Store, the design of the [View Downloads] and [View Cart] buttons has been changed, and a [Redeem Codes] button has been added.

Friends Friends

* You can now view information about the most recent sign-in for Friends who are on your Friends list.*
* If you do not set the correct date and time in the [Date and Time] settings under [Settings] > [Date and Time Settings], this information may not be displayed.

You can update your system software by any of the following methods:

* System Update »
Update using the PS3™ system's [System Update] feature.
* Update using a PC »
Download update data using a PC and save on storage media* or a USB Mass Storage device. Copy the update data to the PS3™ system's hard disk drive and perform the update.
*An appropriate USB adaptor (not included) is required to use storage media with some models of the PS3™ system.
* Update using disc media »
Update using update data that is included on a game disc.
Old 11-05-08, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is this all it adds? If so, what PS3 game(s) did it fix? Other than that, it seems like a very minor tweak that will take way too long to apply.
* New for 2.52: The playback quality of some PLAYSTATION®3 format software has been improved.
* New for 2.52: A text entry issue that occurs when using the on-screen keyboard, USB keyboard or Bluetooth® keyboard with some PLAYSTATION®3 format software has been addressed.
Old 11-05-08, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got the prompt for it last night as I was getting ready to play a little Dead Space. Ignored it.
Old 11-05-08, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I updated it last night, seems like it took forever though
Old 11-05-08, 11:19 AM

Well, got my new PS3 hooked up yesterday. All I have done so far is update software, connect to PSN to create account and watched a BluRay.

Does anyone know anything about DNS errors? I got a few when trying to update software and connect to PSN. I would just try again and it would work.

Please feel free to send me a friend invite!

Jamie
Old 11-05-08, 12:57 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Damn those PSN cards are hard to find. Last week at Best Buy they had a ton, this week there already sold out.
Old 11-05-08, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mok
Damn those PSN cards are hard to find. Last week at Best Buy they had a ton, this week there already sold out.
Best Buy online has them with free shipping.
Old 11-05-08, 05:58 PM

Does anyone know how to change the setting to make the PS3 turn off after downloading from the PS store? It does not come up as an option when I click on the download. Thanks.
Old 11-05-08, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Go to the shut down option under "users" ... if something is downloading, it'll give you the option to wait until it's done.
Old 11-05-08, 08:39 PM

Thanks Walker Boh. If I have more than one item downloading will it wait until all of them are done or only the one currently downloading?
Old 11-05-08, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by pinata242
Is this all it adds? If so, what PS3 game(s) did it fix? Other than that, it seems like a very minor tweak that will take way too long to apply.
Several updates have had a note about compatibility or quality of PS3 games being improved, but they never tell you which games are affected.
Old 11-05-08, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by kenage
Thanks Walker Boh. If I have more than one item downloading will it wait until all of them are done or only the one currently downloading?
It'll download everything there before shutting off.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.