Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bioshock 2: Out now(ish)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-10, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Bioshock 2: Out now(ish)

I barely used the drill. With so many options I kept forgetting about everything I had.

Something that I never tried was Scout. Anyone had any experience with it?
Old 02-28-10, 11:36 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3

Something that I never tried was Scout. Anyone had any experience with it?
Yes, it is very good. You leave your body and you can go into rooms and use plasmids without being attacked. If you upgrade it to Scout 2 you can hack with it.

It helps to have the Natural Camouflage tonic because you're actual can be attacked if you leave it out in the open.
Old 03-01-10, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MrX
Yes, it is very good. You leave your body and you can go into rooms and use plasmids without being attacked. If you upgrade it to Scout 2 you can hack with it.

It helps to have the Natural Camouflage tonic because you're actual can be attacked if you leave it out in the open.
Great.

The natural camouflage tonic is the one that you become invisible if you don't move? I loved that! I also liked the one that restores your health and eve if you stay in the water.
Old 03-01-10, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rival11
That's exactly what I used pretty much the whole time. Doing the drill dash really made you feel like a big daddy.

Although I gotta admit...hypnotize was funny as all hell (and really creepy turning a splicer on your side to help you out)
Before I went into any big battle (that I knew was coming anyway), I'd hypnotize everybody I could find, call two or three bots and then arm my Freeze and Drill combo.

I got such a power trip rolling 2 Alphas, a brute and 2 bots into battle against a big sister.

There were just so many options that you couldn't really use them all. It's definitely worth the second playthrough to try all new plasmid combos. I never even upgraded the tornado traps or picked up the Scout plasmid. I'm going through Bioshock withdrawal after only two days. I thought I'd finally get the chance to finish up Assassin's Creed 2 but it doesn't look like that's happening...
Old 03-01-10, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timewaster
sorry. i meant i the drill dash.
i even went back and replayed it - a message pops up

Brute Splicer Research bonus
New ability: Drill dash

i have the skill and can use it, but using it on the debris will not clear it.
Is there a specific spot in the debris you need to drill?
finally figured it out. I had to hit the shift button AFTER i hold down the left mouse. I was hitting the button before it.
Feeling really stupid. I get stuck on the stupidest things.
Old 03-02-10, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Beat the game at about 4 am this morning. There were very few parts of the story that I enjoyed. I guess I could compare this game to a summer action movie. I really enjoyed the gameplay but as soon as it was over I pretty much forgot the story. I really didn't feel motivated to do stuff in the game by the story. I felt motivated to see what environment I would be in next and what I would be killing. I still need to rebuy the first one. It is one of those games that I may not play often but I feel compelled to keep in my collection.
Old 03-04-10, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So, how is the multiplayer on this? With MW2, BF2, Halo3, I'm debating if I want to spend my time on this. I just finished the single player, and I've yet to touch multi....just curious on other opinions.
Old 03-04-10, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's fine. I wouldn't change MW2 or Halo3 for it. But try it, it's a nice effort and you can have fun for periods of time. Also the way it's designed it's more like MW than Halo, meaning it has perks and all that kind of additional stuff besides just killing people.
Old 03-04-10, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

I actually like the multi-player a lot - for some reason.....I really love the apartment they give you.

The loadouts are great as they have new plasmids not used in single player mode.

It's very well done too, it's definitely not a gimmick - the level design is great and the maps aren't gigantic.

It's definitely worth getting into.
Old 03-05-10, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm enjoying the multiplayer, and I generally hate multiplayer. If you like team play you have that option, but there are also "each man for himself" modes.

Having said that, I just reached level 10 and I'm already kinda bored with it. Not sure I'll ever make it to 40.
Old 03-05-10, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I played 2 rounds of multi last night....everyone for themselves. I thought it was average at best. The maps seemed small and closed in....I was a bit annoyed actually. I think I will trade this in soon....I prefer the MW2 / Halo 3 / (hopefully BF2 when I get it).
Old 03-08-10, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

anyone find the last section really easy whereas most of the game was very hard?

Spoiler:

Once you get the summon Eleanor plasma, the game became a cakewalk. She will take out everyone by herself and you can just sit back and just stay out of her way.
Old 03-09-10, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I think Team ADAM Grab is the only multiplayer mode that is any good. A few of the maps are absolutely terrible.
Old 03-09-10, 11:42 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the tonics are much better implemented in this game. In the first game I thought they were more of an afterthought... simply minor enhancements and power boosts. But this time around some provide sizable and clear strategic advantages.
Old 03-09-10, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DRG
I think the tonics are much better implemented in this game. In the first game I thought they were more of an afterthought... simply minor enhancements and power boosts. But this time around some provide sizable and clear strategic advantages.
Agree.

The first game impacted me, in a good way, because of Rapture. The art design, the graphics, etc. I stopped every time to admire the views.

Bioshock 2 is more of the same in that sense. But it's a game better designed, game-wise. The game play is really improved, the plasmids are better.

I kind of make the comparison with Assassin's Creed.
Old 03-09-10, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Has anyone played on the hard difficulty yet? Also, do Vita Chambers work the same as BS1: infinite, free use and the enemies stay hurt?
Old 03-09-10, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
Has anyone played on the hard difficulty yet? Also, do Vita Chambers work the same as BS1: infinite, free use and the enemies stay hurt?
I did my first play through on hard. The vital chambers work the same as the first game.

In hard mode the only time it gets really annoying is when you do a gather. If you die, you have to start over. They are difficult at first, but they get easy later in the game.
Old 03-09-10, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm thinking of going evil this time anyway so the gathering won't be happening.
Old 03-09-10, 01:11 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
I'm thinking of going evil this time anyway so the gathering won't be happening.
you will still miss out on a lot of adam, because you can harvest a bunch of adam before killing the girl....
Old 03-09-10, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, but I don't think that's even necessary. I bought every plasmid slot, plasmid, tonic slot, health and eve upgrade i could find, upgraded Incinerate and Electrocute to level 3, a handful of tonics, and I still had several hundred - 1000 adam at the end of the game.
Old 03-09-10, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I played on hard and it was hard at the beginning because of the gatherings, but it became really easy midway through the game, but still interesting.
Old 03-28-10, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

[I love this game/series]

Passed it on Friday, I rescued all little sisters and spared Grace, Stanley & Gil. I just need 2 achievements [passing on Hard and breaking the Ryan statue]

I'm now playing online and I'm having a fun time with it, currently I'm on level 13. I just need 3 achievements [level 20, 30 & 40]... originally I didn't care for when they announced online play and/or when getting the game.

Give me Bio 3 w/ being able to play as Eleanor/Big Sister.

Last edited by gerrythedon; 03-28-10 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-28-10, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

I myself hope they don't go the route of playing a big sister.....it was cool and all to play as a big daddy but that's where I want it to stop.

For 3 I would like to maybe play one of the researchers who tried to go against Ryan or Atlas (i.e. do the right thing) just introduce us to a brand new character altogether - maybe even leave out big daddy's and little sisters altogether.......think about it, they are cool but rapture is what you're mainly drawn to.

I don't know - just thinking about different things - I'm actually playing through a second time - insect swarm is fan-friggin'-tastic when maxed out as well.
Old 03-28-10, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Yeah, if they make a 3rd game, I'd love for it to be a sort of prequel and have it take place during a pre-disaster Rapture, or maybe a game about the disaster as Rapture starts of fresh and new and falls apart as you progress through the game.
Old 03-28-10, 11:24 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

One thing I didn't like (maybe the only thing I didn't like) about Bioshock 2 was that the whole Lamb story was nowhere to be seen in the original. I know that's sort of inherent in sequels, but Bioshock 2 portrays a massive war between these two factions that divided Rapture and there's no indication of it at all in Bioshock. I guess what I'm saying is I would have preferred more foreshadowing. So with that in mind, I hope whatever they come up with for Bioshock 3 doesn't shoe-horn in a previously unknown "big player" who, realistically, should have been visible through the audio diaries, etc. in the first two.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.