DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Rock Band (Platform): Official Thread of Can't Stop Playing! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/540673-rock-band-platform-official-thread-cant-stop-playing.html)

Supermallet 10-10-08 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 8996190)
You can't just stop there though. Where's Skid Row's I remember you?

Good call. And let's go ahead and throw in Here I Go Again and Still of the Night while we're at it.

pinata242 10-10-08 02:51 PM

So, going back to an earlier conversation...

I was looking through my RB content on my HDD just now and I did notice that the RB1 exported song "game saves" do not list my gamertag on them. I was able to COPY Ballroom Blitz over to my MU.

Now, I haven't taken my MU to another 360 and tried to copy it back onto a different HDD or played it from RB2 without my gamertag.

Just food for thought as I've gone halfway here...

Liver&Onions 10-10-08 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242 (Post 8996445)
So, going back to an earlier conversation...

Just food for thought as I've gone halfway here...

ooooHHHHH LIVIN' On a Pray-yah!

dvdsteve2000 10-10-08 02:54 PM

I'm definitely down for the whole album. I would've preferred Shout at the Devil, but I think this is the second best choice. Now for the Pyromania & Whitesnake albums :D

Spiderbite 10-10-08 02:54 PM

Whole album for me. Dr. Feelgood is my favorite Crue album and I am glad to finally see an entire album I really love. I got The Cars whole album but this one has me mucho excited. This album dropped right in the middle of my junior year of high school and I wore the cassette out. The whole album kicks ass and every song is super catchy. I am surprised so many are passing on it and just getting one or two songs.

I even had the cassingle (remember those?) of Without You. Brings back good memories of a girl I bonked during spring break in Panama City. Man...I'm getting a little teary-eyed. Sniff...

DaveWadding 10-10-08 03:16 PM

Just Dr. Feelgood, Kickstart My Heart and S.O.S. for me.

superfro 10-10-08 04:08 PM

I'm not a Crue fan, so nothing for me next week, but as with all RB DLC, I'm happy for the folks that are looking forward to it.

(PS - GIVE ME MY FOO ALBUM!) :rock2:

Michael Corvin 10-10-08 04:49 PM

I listened to all of them again to refresh my memory and damn those videos are from a different era. :lol:

I really like the song Without You but it sounds like it would be incredibly boring in Rock Band.

devilshalo 10-10-08 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 8996719)
I really like the song Without You but it sounds like it would be incredibly boring in Rock Band.

I think it would be boring on bass and drums, but Mick does a lot of pick work so that will keep a guitarist sorta busy. Besides, you need that one rock ballad to swoon the ladies with. :lol:

The Bus 10-10-08 05:15 PM

DLC is Dr. Feelgood
Wat.

Originally Posted by Suprmallet (Post 8996161)
I think I'm only going to get the title track for Dr. Feelgood. They really need to do a hair metal pack: Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Pour Some Sugar on Me, and Once Bitten Twice Shy.

Yes. This. <u>THIS</u>.

And can we get a little Night Ranger?

Liver&Onions 10-10-08 05:22 PM

Hair Metal Pack, and a Power Ballad Pack.

devilshalo 10-10-08 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus (Post 8996777)
And can we get a little Night Ranger?

I'm kind of scared of Night Ranger. Not so much by Sister Christian, but Rock in America is a super busy song. All day.. all night. :eek:

Supermallet 10-10-08 06:45 PM

Oh yeah, Sister Christian would have to be in there as well. :)

The Dude 10-10-08 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet (Post 8996914)
Oh yeah, Sister Christian would have to be in there as well. :)

Wait, wait, I love this part!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d2...am/boogie1.jpg

mndtrp 10-10-08 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by abrg923 (Post 8996210)
:lol: For some reason that seems like it'd be funny to sing, especially with parts being blanked.

Makes me think of that Bloodhound Gang song that uses animal noises instead of whatever dirty words they originally used. The Bad Touch, I think was the name of the song.

Shagrath 10-10-08 08:06 PM

Another possible leak via xbox.com

pinata242 10-10-08 08:07 PM

Shag, if you was a gamblin' man, what are the completely out-of-the-air-and-uneducated odds would you put on something like that happening? And which album?

I would buy The Black Album. The rest can go to hell.

xmiyux 10-10-08 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions (Post 8995884)
These guys beg to differ:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H15Zq72lu3k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H15Zq72lu3k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I would love some songs from the first Tenacious D album.

Shagrath 10-10-08 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242 (Post 8997019)
Shag, if you was a gamblin' man, what are the completely out-of-the-air-and-uneducated odds would you put on something like that happening? And which album?

I would buy The Black Album. The rest can go to hell.

I have no idea what album they could be talking about. It could be a Microsoft mock-up that was supposed to be for GH's Death Magnetic.

However, there was that rumor long ago that Fuel was coming. I don't know how well the "Load" album would sell. It's no Master of Puppets, but it'd still be a lot of fun.

Michael Corvin 10-10-08 08:14 PM

I'd be down for Load.

pinata242 10-10-08 10:31 PM

Well, I think I'm going for it tomorrow. Gonna get the girls out around 9 for cheerleading and then my wife's (great?) aunt's birthday lunch. Hoping to get the Steel Bladder achievement by around 3pm.

Since I can't sing nor play drums, it's going to have to be guitar and, thanks to Visions, only on Medium - everything else I could get through on Hard :(

Only have my wireless LP so I'm going to have to pop fresh, non-rechargeable batteries in first thing.

God I hope my lameness pays off in an elite 25 e-peen points.

dvdsteve2000 10-10-08 11:17 PM

Load is actually my second favorite Metallica, just a hair behind the Black album. I like the semi-mainstream Metallica way more than the Master/Ride the Lightning days.

SexualPudding 10-11-08 01:21 AM

I'd be down for Load, too. I feel it's a pretty underrated album of theirs that has gotten shit on since it came out because it wasn't the same Metallica.

Fuel is on Reload, btw.

Shagrath 10-11-08 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding (Post 8997360)
Fuel is on Reload, btw.

You are correct. I take back my "Load" album statement.

I felt that Load and Reload were both decent albums, but lacked the "Metallica" feel. Personally, I think that ...And Justice was the last "true" album that they've released (I have not given Death Magnetic a full listen yet).

Michael Corvin 10-11-08 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000 (Post 8997267)
Load is actually my second favorite Metallica, just a hair behind the Black album. I like the semi-mainstream Metallica way more than the Master/Ride the Lightning days.

Originally Posted by SexualPudding (Post 8997360)
I'd be down for Load, too. I feel it's a pretty underrated album of theirs that has gotten shit on since it came out because it wasn't the same Metallica.

Fuel is on Reload, btw.

Wow. I was being facetious.

There are a couple decent tracks on each album but as for DLC they would both be last on the list of wants. I'd much rather see Black, Puppets, Lightning or Justice first.