Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band (It's a platform!): Official Thread of Eternal Rocking

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-08, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Bus
thelwig14: Good. My friend and I aren't crazy then; we had been noticing some of this. I will need to calibrate it then.

It is not you. I initially blamed it on too much GH until I shook the rust off and still missed notes I swore I was hitting. Then went to a bunch of different forums and read the same stuff over and over.

I never had to calibrate before in any of these games.

I have it close, but still not right yet.
Old 09-16-08, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This week's DLC is updated into the DLC Post (guitar anyways).

I won't be around for much of the day, so I'll get the drums in later this afternoon or tonight. They're not up yet anyways.
Old 09-16-08, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slightly unrelated note... I just got my shipping confirmation from Amazon yesterday about my Ion drumset. It's supposed to show up FedEx on Saturday.
Old 09-16-08, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by AsmodeusVice
Slightly unrelated note... I just got my shipping confirmation from Amazon yesterday about my Ion drumset. It's supposed to show up FedEx on Saturday.
Nice. Mine has been in "Shipping Soon" status since yesterday early evening. If it ships today I should get it tomorrow.
Old 09-16-08, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
Does using the "color code" to access all the songs negate Achievements?
Old 09-16-08, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

While you have it enabled, yes.
Old 09-16-08, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Guess I might as well go for the 100% Expert Vocals achievement:
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/16/de...ocal-score-in/
Old 09-16-08, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I know this was prob answered but how exactly does the online BWT work? Is there a way to start with 2 members and then expand it or does it lock the band as soon as you start. I played a bit last night (solo quick play) Is the only way to unlock songs on BWT?

thx
Old 09-16-08, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shagrath
While the exclusion of Juke-Box mode really sucks, I didn't expect the 20 free tracks until closer to the launch of the PS3 version anyways.

The user-base is already fragmented enough, and that would just be a further kick to the balls for PS3 users if we got an additional 20 DLC tracks that they didn't have access to. At least now, they can still get the weekly DLC (even if it is 2 days late :burn: ).
It would just be like a smaller back-kick combo finisher to the testicles after a completely numbing sack-punt... and in that perspective, I'm not sure we'd feel that second blow.
Old 09-16-08, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I don't see the big deal in releasing them now. 360 owners would get them release week and the same for PS3 users.
Old 09-16-08, 09:06 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The most annoying thing about the 20 free tracks is that they say on the back of the case that there are 20 free downloadable tracks. No, it doesn't say available now, but the way they word it would lead a person to believe they were.
Old 09-16-08, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can wait on the 20 free tracks. Right now I don't see it as that big of a deal. It will be awhile before I even have a chance to play through all of the new tracks anyway.
Old 09-16-08, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Did the "Simple Mystery" setlist in my hometown and then the Van showcase (also 2 randoms) on Expert. Got thrown The Who and Count Zero in those

Also, fuck Drain You and its unexpected HOPO clusterfuck.

Oh, and I love love love the way the Quickplay menu is handled now.

Last edited by pinata242; 09-16-08 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-16-08, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flashburn
Guess I might as well go for the 100% Expert Vocals achievement:
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/16/de...ocal-score-in/
That song is just utterly useless. When they were charting it, couldn't they tell it was useless?
Old 09-16-08, 10:12 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by chuckd21
That song is just utterly useless. When they were charting it, couldn't they tell it was useless?
Agreed, pretty bad. The other one I played last night that was stupid - E-Pro. It was just the same thing over and over. Most songs will at least mix it up a little during a transition, but this was just the same pattern the entire song. Not real exciting.
Old 09-16-08, 10:44 AM

I figured I'd chime in with some of my thoughts after I picked up the game (and guitar) the other day. For the record, while I would classify the original RB as the "better" game, I always had more fun playing GH3 as I could actually hit the notes consistently. So after 2 or so hours of playing it was more or less the same with RB2. I got up to Battery before I hit "the wall" half-assing my way through any HOPO sequence up to that point.

Then while browsing through the options I saw "Breakneck Speed." My God. What a difference this makes. Thank you Harmonix. I no longer cringe every time I see a long HOPO sequence show up. Granted, stuff like the ridiculous solo in Constant Motion still is a pain in the ass, but for nearly all the more difficult songs it not only made it easier, but much more enjoyable (plus, I finally beat Snow! Suck it RHCP!). I played for nearly six straight hours after that and had some of the most fun since I first discovered GH2. My wrists haven't been this sore since I was 12.

I haven't tried any of the multiplayer stuff yet to see how the hyperspeed translates (if it even does) but, man, what a difference.

Also, I haven't adjusted any calibration but it seems to be pretty spot on. Do I need the specific RB2 mic to do the auto calibration?

Last edited by Krelyan; 09-16-08 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-16-08, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Cheater...
Old 09-16-08, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aktick
Agreed, pretty bad. The other one I played last night that was stupid - E-Pro. It was just the same thing over and over. Most songs will at least mix it up a little during a transition, but this was just the same pattern the entire song. Not real exciting.
I'm pretty sure E-Pro actually contains a sample from So What'cha Want, so no surprise that both are no fun.
Old 09-16-08, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey guys if anyone wants to get together and play lmk. I play guitar and I have a bud that plays bass, so a drummer and singer would be awesome.
Old 09-16-08, 10:59 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by pinata242
Cheater...

I think I might try turning it on as well. Last night I was missing a lot of simple HO/PO sections that I seemed to hit all the time in RB1, but I was playing on hard. When I played a couple songs on expert, I seemed to hit more HO/PO's, mainly due to the increased speed, I think. On hard I'm hitting them too fast. The breakneck speed may help me in that department?
Old 09-16-08, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
HOPO means?
Old 09-16-08, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
Hate to say it but as far as guitar is concerned, these tracks are a huge let down. Almost every song is just fast strings of chords, over and over and over. Very few solos. I've almost unlocked all the songs and so far the only one I enjoyed playing were Alive, the Offspring song, Spirit in the Sky (yeah i like it) and the Ratt song. A few others were tolerable but for the most part...bleh.

They are great songs, but just arent that fun to play on guitar. The fact that I suck at note strings doesnt help either. I could beat every song on RB1 on hard except for enter sandman because of them. These songs feel like I'm playing the drum with my guitar.

Oh and that GnR song is horrible.
Old 09-16-08, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rob V
HOPO means?
Hammer On/Pull Offs (notes you don't have strum).
Old 09-16-08, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by thematahara
Hate to say it but as far as guitar is concerned, these tracks are a huge let down. Almost every song is just fast strings of chords, over and over and over. Very few solos. I've almost unlocked all the songs and so far the only one I enjoyed playing were Alive, the Offspring song, Spirit in the Sky (yeah i like it) and the Ratt song. A few others were tolerable but for the most part...bleh.
And I'm finding the Drums are a blast.

Sheepishly though, the two easiest songs are the most fun - I think because the songs rock. Eye of the Tiger and Livin' on Prayer are a goddamned blast to play, easy as shit, but fun
Old 09-16-08, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You know for some reason I've never used the HOPO's I strum every damn note. I am an expert level and usually depends on the song I average 95%. Would I be much better utilizing the HOPO's?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.