Reload this Page >

Official PSN Games Thread

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official PSN Games Thread

Old 08-26-09, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official PSN Games Thread

So I just checked it out. There are 5 games... One is called Rune Raider... you move your little spitfire of a guy around, bouncing off things, collecting gold, avoiding "enraged monsters." Another is Pixel Shooter or something. It's basically like the old missile command kind of games, but this time floaty pixels are raining down on your city and you have to shoot them. The third is another shooter game, but from a cockpit-like vantage point. It's okay. Another is sorta like Air Hockey. You shoot this thing out, it gets returned, you have to hit X as it crosses your energry line. The last one is my favorite... it's a beat making game. You have all these notes you can add/silence and creat a fun but simple beat.

So that's episode 14. On 15, they add a 2nd version of Rune Raider and ditch the cockpit shooter one. The other games are all there as well (so 5 in total, 2 of which are rune raider.)

These would be especially great if you didn't have to load Qore, or could put them on your PSP. I personally wouldn't spend $2.99 on them, but they aren't terrible. The Pixel Raining Shooter one is sort of addictive. The beat one is a lot of fun. And the rune raider reminded me a little bit of Peggle.
Old 08-26-09, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,173 Likes on 4,202 Posts

Thanks for that!
Not sure if I want them or not yet. Too bad you've got to keep Qore installed to access them. I don't have that much space to spare, unless I start taking off some of my manditory installs (Hot Shots Golf : Out Of Bounds, I'm looking at you and your 4.5 GB space-hogging ass).
Old 09-10-09, 04:29 PM

Has anyone played the Battle Tanks game? I was thinking of picking it up but I am not sure about the quality.
Old 09-10-09, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenage
Has anyone played the Battle Tanks game? I was thinking of picking it up but I am not sure about the quality.
A buddy shared it with me, and I didn't like it. The bullets are too fast and the tanks are too slow. It just devolves into chaos.

I think the one on Wii Play is better.
Old 09-10-09, 05:51 PM

In the "Late Summer Of The Arcade PSN Store", we have TMNT Turtles In TIme Reshelled out today. It's $9.99 and there is a demo available if you want to see if the game is worth it. Hint:
Spoiler:
It's not.

It's a good day for PSOne Classics, though. Silent Hill, Syphon Filter 2 and Blood Omen : Legacy of Kain are $5.99 each. If I had a big enough memory stick, I'd buy all three. Great games (as is Tomb Raider 2 which came out last week at $5.99 -- $4 less than Tomb Raider 1 for some reason).

Oh, and George Takei is downloadable for Pain. If Andy Dick didn't satiate your desire for celebrity gay bashing, knock yourself out.
Old 09-11-09, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by chess
A buddy shared it with me, and I didn't like it. The bullets are too fast and the tanks are too slow. It just devolves into chaos.

I think the one on Wii Play is better.
That is sad news Chess. I was hoping it was more like the Wii play tanks game. I wanted to play this with my nephew but it seems like a bad idea. I wish they had demo's of PSN games.
Old 09-11-09, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenage
That is sad news Chess. I was hoping it was more like the Wii play tanks game. I wanted to play this with my nephew but it seems like a bad idea. I wish they had demo's of PSN games.
Sorry to disappoint...and glad I didn't pay for it.

Picture the Wii game, but with four tanks that can fire about 2 shells per second. It takes out all of the strategy and makes it a "twitch" game...and you can't really twitch because you're driving a tank.
Old 09-12-09, 05:52 PM

Hey, TMNT isn't too bad. It's everything I wanted it to be and plays like the old TMNT games. It's way better than those mediocre, extra long Gamecube games that came out a few years back. The first GC game played like it was supposed to but the levels and the level count were way too long for a beat-em-up. This new one has just the right length and plays like a good Arcade game. I'd recommend it, even though I'd like to see more varied level design from it. Now, hopefully they'll remake the original Arcade game or something. Of course, going by the reviews, this game doesn't look like it'll be too successful. Such a shame, we need more games like this.
Old 09-12-09, 08:00 PM
Mok

I really enjoyed the Fat Princess demo (it's on the Euro store) I may just ended up getting the game once the new map comes out.
Old 09-13-09, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mok
I really enjoyed the Fat Princess demo (it's on the Euro store) I may just ended up getting the game once the new map comes out.
not sure when you downloaded it but it was only up on the EU store for a brief time on Thursday and then promptly removed
Old 09-13-09, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just played the two first levels on FLOWER. What a beautiful game. Great visuals, awesome score and a very unique gaming experience. Highly recommended.
Old 09-13-09, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Frenzy
I just played the two first levels on FLOWER. What a beautiful game. Great visuals, awesome score and a very unique gaming experience. Highly recommended.
The best game on PSN IMO. I probably have more time in PixelJunk Monsters, but Flower is amazing (not to mention a steal for the price).
Old 09-13-09, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by chess
The best game on PSN IMO. I probably have more time in PixelJunk Monsters, but Flower is amazing (not to mention a steal for the price).
It's beautiful and cool, but it's hardly "a steal". There isn't that much content in the game or a ton of replayability and I think it would be overpriced at $15. I'd say it's well worth the $10 it costs and that it's right up there with PJM and WipEoutHD + Fury as the best games available for the PSN.
Old 09-13-09, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Frenzy
I love this game and have probably replayed all the levels a dozen times.
Old 09-14-09, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flower is great. I'm a FPS/Sports gamer and didn't think I would like Flower but it was such an amazing game. So different but a really enjoyable game.
Old 09-24-09, 10:08 PM

Droplitz is on sale this week for $4.99. Not the greatest game, but perhaps worth the asking price now.

Brain Challenge has followed the 360 version in a permanent price drop to $4.99 and did MS one better by dropping the expansion pack price to $1.99. Don't buy it though -- it's crap.

Speaking of crap, The Punisher : No Mercy now has a demo at last. A sure sign that Sony has given up on suckering anyone else into buying it.
Old 09-24-09, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

[sigh] no trine this week ... again.
Old 09-24-09, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kms_md
I finally gave up and bought the PC version, found a retail copy at GameStop last week for $19.99.
Old 09-25-09, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kms_md
I swear they said "within 2 weeks".....2 weeks ago.
Old 09-25-09, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i am tempted to create an european account to download their version. i have no idea why sony europe's psn would release it and not sony NA.

i have been waiting since july to play this - hell at this point i should consider waiting for the inevitable XBLA release.
Old 09-25-09, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The European account is a good option. If you have a good PC, the PC version is very good too (though a bit more expensive).

I got the PC version during a Steam sale after all the PS3 delays. Sony is so weird about PSN release dates.
Old 09-25-09, 12:17 PM
Mok

I checked Trine website out and the community manager said they have no idea when it will be out. Maybe Sony held it back this week due to Zombie Apocalypse.
Old 09-27-09, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For anyone who purchased Zombie Apocalypse, do you have any issues with it when trying to go online? Every time I try it freezes and locks up my PS3. I have to do a hard reset after as it becomes completely unresponsive via the controller.
Old 09-30-09, 11:55 AM
Mok

Coming tomorrow to PSN (no not Trine)
Digger HD for $9.99

<object classid="clsid<param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/74d1fcf1" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/74d1fcf1" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler" ></embed></object>
Old 10-01-09, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mok
Coming tomorrow to PSN (no not Trine)
Digger HD for $9.99

<object classid="clsid<param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/74d1fcf1" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/74d1fcf1" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler" ></embed></object>
It's out already. For some reason, they put the update out a day early (PSPgo stuff, I'm assuming). Several new PSOne Classics came out including Jumping Jack Flash 2 (which I never tried and heard was good) and Gex 3.

Also a cutting-edge game : Uno. It's only been out for the 360 for three years now and PSN is selling it for a mere double the cost of what it's always been on Live -- $9.99. Strong work PSN!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.