Reload this Page >

Tales of Vesperia (360) - Who's in?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tales of Vesperia (360) - Who's in?

Old 05-28-09, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tales of Vesperia (360) - Who's in?

Man, I was hoping to sell my copy before it dropped. I just don't have time for these massive games. Being playing since Sept, and I've logged 40 hours. Seems like no end in sight, and I'm really sick of the game. lol
Old 06-18-09, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ToV Prequel Anime hitting Japanese theaters on October 3rd

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/g4Q9gYqwQI35ZA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="320" height="210" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

I'd watch this if it were subtitled or even dubbed with the NA VG talent, which was really good.

After putting 140+ hours into this title, I could easily find another 1.5-2 for this story.
Old 06-18-09, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Part of me says "Hell, yeah!" Then the other part of me looks at the copies of Lost Odyssey (unfinished), Blue Dragon (unfinished) and Eternal Sonata (unstarted!) sitting on my shelf and the forthcoming Infinite Undiscovery, and that other part of me says "No more JRPGs until you finish the ones you have!"
I finished Eternal Sonata, am close to finished with Lost Odyssey, and never picked up Infinite Undiscovery due to the mediocre reviews. Maybe I will give Tales of Vesperia a try ...

Although I really should go back to Blue Dragon, I suppose.

Speaking of JRPGs, let me just say that Enchanted Arms is very under-rated. If anyone is looking for a JRPG to play for the 360 and you've already played the usual suspects, consider Enchanted Arms.
Old 07-25-09, 04:43 AM
gamer for life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am on the last dungeon of this game, and as far as JRPG games go this is second only to Lost Odyssey as the best on the 360. A little to much talking at times, but the battles are a blast.
Old 07-25-09, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd View Post
I am on the last dungeon of this game, and as far as JRPG games go this is second only to Lost Odyssey as the best on the 360. A little to much talking at times, but the battles are a blast.
I agree there was a little too much dialogue. But some of the exchanges the characters had were hilarious:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YZZDEZVg9Tw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YZZDEZVg9Tw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 07-25-09, 05:51 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by mhg83 View Post
I agree there was a little too much dialogue. But some of the exchanges the characters had were hilarious..

That was funny...but the one that got me laughing the most is when Raven gives his rapist version of sexuality...

Last edited by foxdvd; 12-02-09 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-26-09, 12:57 AM
gamer for life

Just finished it. What a fun game. An easy 700 achievement points, but there is no way I am playing the game 3 times to finish out those achievements. The ending was short. With all the talking and cut scenes in the game, I was expecting a 30 minute long ending movie...and got maybe a 5 minute ending.

Worth picking up even if it was still 60 bucks.
Old 07-29-09, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Finally just starting this game and so far I'm loving it. I couldn't finish Eternal Sonata the sloooooooow rate of speech was killing me.

Any tips for me as I'm starting out?
Old 07-29-09, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Map your artes to the right stick and go nuts.
Old 07-30-09, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cool, it just seems like there is so much to do and learn between artes, cooking, skills, and what not.

What battle strategy did everyone use? I'm not used to only controlling one person through an entire fight.
Old 07-30-09, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, as long as your other party members aren't actively doing anything stupid (such as burning through your item inventory) then it's fine to just focus on yourself. If you want to get ridiculous combos you have to synchronise attacks between your party (I believe) but there's no actual need to do it, gameplay wise.

Also, for fun and faster XP, I recommend trying to draw multiple enemies into each combat. You get a bonus and the combat is more frenetic and fun.
Old 07-30-09, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sometimes when i enter a battle it says Encounter Link (i think). What is that?
Old 07-30-09, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

That's drawing multiple field enemies into a single battle like Chris mentioned.
Old 07-31-09, 03:42 PM
gamer for life

I went from this game to finally getting around to enchanted arms...and I have to say...after Tales Enchanted Arms seems to DRAG......
Old 08-14-09, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Arrgghh!!! I can't get the Secret Mission in fighting Yeager in his second form. You have to get his Guard Break down and then shoot Raven's Rain artes at him, so far I been fighting him almost thirty times and can't for the life of me get this really hard Archievement to unlock. I seen bunch of Youtube videos but none of them seem to help me at all. Anyone, who beaten the game have any tips on getting this Archievement cause it's driving me nuts.
Old 08-14-09, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dom56 View Post
Arrgghh!!! I can't get the Secret Mission in fighting Yeager in his second form. You have to get his Guard Break down and then shoot Raven's Rain artes at him, so far I been fighting him almost thirty times and can't for the life of me get this really hard Archievement to unlock. I seen bunch of Youtube videos but none of them seem to help me at all. Anyone, who beaten the game have any tips on getting this Archievement cause it's driving me nuts.
Check that youtube video...

No, it sucks. It's, by far, the worst thing you have to do for a title & achievements. I remember when it finally connected for me how ecstatic I was.

As I recall, he would pause longer and longer after each time he used his Mystic Arte. I think the magic number for me was 3. So you'll need to heal up, and I think you'll need to use yours to trigger his (and probably need Limit Bottles).

If all else fails, you can try setting your team to defend/heal and equip a Min Damage skill to keep him alive while you wail on him to increase your Limit meter and use your MA.

But if you do that you'll want to make sure you have the item that allows you to switch your controlled character to Yuri or someone that you can control well that DOESN'T have the Min Damage skill set to finish him off.
Old 08-14-09, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow you guys are hardcore! I remember I would randomly get those secret achievements but I never really worried about what I'd done to get them.
Old 08-15-09, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Well I finally got the Secret Mission on defeating Yeager. The problem was I had Rainsong instead of Rain on Raven's artes, so I fought some few enemies spamming Rainsong till he learned the Rain artes. Then I set the game on easy, fight Yeager in his first form with regular attack and when he goes into his second form I control Raven and had everybody attack and then use O.L. and keep spamming Rain at him until I got the Secret Mission Archievement. What a pain, good news now that I unlock this hard Archievement, I don't have to worry about it when playing in new game plus.
Old 08-15-09, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Only if you get all the other ones
Old 08-15-09, 03:37 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post
Only if you get all the other ones
True...I got I think 700 achievements for this game without really trying. A few of those secret achievements would pop up on their own so I looked a few up, and most are REALLY annoying.
Old 12-01-09, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just got this game today and played about 5-10 minutes and wasn't able to save. At what point will the game let me save my game?
Old 12-01-09, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I want to say the first time you can save is when you
Spoiler:
GET THROWN IN PRISON!

Who woulda thunk that would happen in an RPG? It's not too far into the story, but you've gotta shake those newbie cobwebs that accompany every game like this so that you get your bearings and have a clue how to move around and progress.
Old 12-01-09, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What a plot twist!? I can't believe i clicked the spoiler.

So i assume this game will let me save anywhere? Since it is in the main menu it appears that way. I will be pretty bummed if it isn't the case.
Old 12-01-09, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

On the world map, yes. In cities/dungeons, no... there are certain save points. In fact, there's an achievement for saving at all the save points
Old 12-01-09, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post
On the world map, yes. In cities/dungeons, no... there are certain save points. In fact, there's an achievement for saving at all the save points
Son of a...

I knew i shouldn't have let the low price lull me into another JRPG. I despise games that don't let me save when i want.

Are the save points at least scattered generously enough that you can quit within 10 minutes of wanting to quit?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.